Euro Truck Simulator 3 concept map

LinrLink

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 3 concept map

#51 Post by LinrLink » 22 Oct 2020 08:07

we need an official online mode, I believe secretly developing an online mode. Official online mode will benefit SCS
dsf.fernando

#52 Post by dsf.fernando » 07 Feb 2021 17:44

OK, some more constructive criticism (i hope) on the map, in the Portuguese part:

- The map does not say which are full cities, cities with one company, and scenery towns
- Sines was completely omitted
- Portimão could replace Lagos
- Caldas da Rainha would be redundant with Leiria and Santarém. Aveiro would be a better fit to the map due to its industrial presence. A28 and A17 roads could be featured.
- Bragança is a small city, but its presence would fill a gap in northeastern Portugal that is present in that map
- As i said before, Elvas as anything besides a scenery town is redundant if Badajoz is a full city in the map

More things in Portugal i would like to see if the map were really upscaled to the proposal showed by the author:

- N101: This scenery road in the North starts near the Spanish border at Valença, crossing with E1. It could feature villages like Monção and Arcos de Valdevez, until crossing the city centers of Braga and Guimarães. From there, it's known as N15 for a short period in Amarante. It ends in N108 near Peso da Régua.
- IC10 / A13: Not sure if present in Iberia, but it would provide a nearly direct link from Cortiçadas de Lavre to Santarém
- Portalegre should also be present by some form just to have at least all continental Portuguese district capitals present in the map
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
BigBear22

#53 Post by BigBear22 » 29 Mar 2021 08:49

I agree with the majority of posts here, I don't believe that there will ever be an ETS3. As SCS have previously said, they will keep making mods until people stop buying them, which is hopefully a long way off.

ETS2 is a game that evolves, no sequel required. Once there are no more maps to develop, then I am pretty sure SCS will look at improving existing maps, bring in more trucks, other types of cargo and so on, enough to keep even the most seasoned ETS2 trucker interested. I have been ETS2 pretty much since release, take the odd hiatus here and there, but have come back it, adding ATS a number of years ago as well.

I am still catching up with the map expansions, once I have all of those, IF I ever have all of them, will see what official DLCs and unofficial mods offer to keep me interested.
Trucker Nik

#54 Post by Trucker Nik » 29 Mar 2021 09:33

@BigBear22 I agree, ETS2 is a great game and we don't need ETS3 at all, and the one who doesn't like ETS2, so don't play, it's a great game that has a lot of players, and will still evolve for many years
dsf.fernando

#55 Post by dsf.fernando » 06 Apr 2021 10:06

Yes, i think the next evolution may be in the damage system.
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
dsf.fernando

#56 Post by dsf.fernando » 20 Apr 2021 10:45

BigBear22 wrote: 29 Mar 2021 08:49 I agree with the majority of posts here, I don't believe that there will ever be an ETS3. As SCS have previously said, they will keep making mods until people stop buying them, which is hopefully a long way off.

ETS2 is a game that evolves, no sequel required. Once there are no more maps to develop, then I am pretty sure SCS will look at improving existing maps, bring in more trucks, other types of cargo and so on, enough to keep even the most seasoned ETS2 trucker interested.
I think there will be a ETS3, but with things that can't be implemented on ETS2 currently or would need major changes to the game engine (i.e. a more advanced damage system, variable signs on the truck like the Portuguese TP or the Angles Morts signs in France, individual trailers dealers)
plykkegaard

#57 Post by plykkegaard » 20 Apr 2021 10:54

Noone can predict about the future sometime not even the near future
Yes SCS can improve their engine continuously and make it better by each iteration, but lately it seems SCS has introduced more problems than is solved

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Some newbie driver

#58 Post by Some newbie driver » 20 Apr 2021 17:26

One has to break some eggs to make an omelette.

Anyway, SCS could had perfectly named ETS-2019 when they dumped DX9, a lot of the code in the innards was completely new. They could had done the same last year, calling it ETS-2020 when they changed to FMOD. And this year they could had named it ETS-2021 with the lights changes.

It's just that they decided not to do so by whatever amount of reasons they don't want to. That doesn't means the game is the same neither there's any need for an ETS3. SCS can (as any other company) keep evolving the game as much as they want (a different history is the time needed).

ETS2 exist only by the very reason that an ETS existed and it was way easier for SCS to get rid of it and start a new one from scratch than to fix all the mistakes they did with that one. That's not going to happen anymore.

So, ultimately, SCS could had named it's game Eternal-ETS and done.

Regards
plykkegaard

#59 Post by plykkegaard » 20 Apr 2021 17:43

Eternal Truck Simulator :D

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
killingjoke28336

#60 Post by killingjoke28336 » 21 Apr 2021 08:57

I would really love to see Australia and New Zealand, Oceania Truck Simulator. I think it would sell really good. Problem is SCS can't handle another simulator game right now.

Return to “General discussion about the game”