FMOD Discussion [ETS2]

Robinicus

Re: FMOD Discussion [ETS2]

#481 Post by Robinicus » 29 Nov 2020 22:06

Re-read post 1 - my guess is you used the same engine names in your sii as the default game ones....you need to use unique names or you can run into where the game will load a different bank than intended.

For testing/first engine mod, I suggest naming the engine.sii "test.sii", set the pricing at $1 and unlock at 0...that way it is easy to find and troubleshoot.
1.39 combined engine pack now available

1.39 default SCS replacement engine pack now available

MS Flight Sim 2020 - Alpha test team

Don't PM me for FMOD help, ask on the forum so others can learn from it as well

raffix

#482 Post by raffix » 30 Nov 2020 21:49

When adding sound, I had the names in mind.
The engine was audible in the game, but it was significantly different from the fmod editor.
The live_update tool turned out to be an excellent solution.
Only this tool showed which time lines have an impact on the sound.
And it turned out that translating the sound from the old system to the new one is not as easy as in the tutorial.
The sound is mixed in a completely different way.
While doing the video tutorial I was struggling with the throttling engine for a long time.
The solution turned out to be a parameter that was not shown in the video and which is very important.
It's about the "Min Pitch" parameter.
There was no such thing in the old sound files.
You can explain what these parameters are about. "Pitch" How to properly set "Min Pitch". What to suggest?

Robinicus

#483 Post by Robinicus » 30 Nov 2020 22:13

I have not come across minimum pitch not causing something to play; I have most set at 0 and others I have with various values and they all play. The only way I could see it having an impact on a sound playing would be if you had it set at a value higher than the auto-pitch tuning value but if that were the case it would also not play in FMOD Studio which you said they did play fine in.

By default I always use 0 unless there are certain circumstances (like on an engine brake for example) where I want to modify the impact auto pitch has on a descending RPM sound. If that really did prevent your sound from working then there are some other areas where you have not followed the instructions; and FYI, minimum pitch has been there since the beginning with ATS/ETS using FMOD and for several generations of FMOD before as I was using it in flight sim sound mods years ago.

pixeldanhun

#484 Post by pixeldanhun » 01 Dec 2020 19:45

Hey! I think I did everythng that was needed for a voice navigation mod, however when I want to try it ingame, it just doesn't work.
Can someone help me out with this? Thanks!

Robinicus

#485 Post by Robinicus » 01 Dec 2020 23:01

Check post 1 first...typical mistakes people make on voice nav is using the wrong event type, incorrect routing, zipped using compression instead of store or the mod portion (sii/def etc) has an error like using uppercase letters.

seth_haveron

#486 Post by seth_haveron » 14 Dec 2020 13:31

that's honestly too much rocket science for me ...

they should leave this failmod crap out of the game until they can handle it themselves.

So far, I have not seen or heard a single advantage of it except that everything is much too loud or not even activated

pug106maxi

#487 Post by pug106maxi » 15 Dec 2020 20:15

Hello there!
I wanna update some sounds mods 1.38 to 1.39 but it's difficult for me beacuse i'm not modder. Is there any video to explain step by step how it works, only for sound update,nothing else,i think is a good idea to do yourself rather than bothering modders again and again for updates...

Robinicus

#488 Post by Robinicus » 15 Dec 2020 20:38

Did you look at post 1? Everything you need is in there.....@pug106maxi

Bimo Wahyu Saputro

#489 Post by Bimo Wahyu Saputro » 21 Dec 2020 06:57

maybe I'll give a little tutorial about sound retarder.
You all can see in this video how to make it.

JigSaw

#490 Post by JigSaw » 02 Jan 2021 14:31

Hello there,

Since Fmod came into force, I have a problem with the mod that I made long ago for game version 1.35 where it worked fine, but now with game version 1.39 where a lot of sound files have changed, unfortunately it does not work.

I mean the talking GPS mod, I would like to adapt it to the latest version 1.39 and the whole Fmod, but I can't find any guide anywhere "how to convert sounds and the whole old fashion of this type to Fmoda".

Of course, I tried to comprehend it on my own by downloading some gps mod adapted to the 1.39 Fmod version and see how it is done, but with poor results.

If there is already a similar topic/thread or some good tutorial on the forum, please refer me to it, or if there would be a person who would explain to me step by step how to do it, I would be grateful.

Sorry if the post/question is in the wrong place.

Greetings,
JigSaw.

Return to “General discussion about the game”