FMOD Discussion [ETS2]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
exiled

Re: FMOD Discussion [ETS2]

#501 Post by exiled » 06 Jan 2021 18:03

https://imgur.com/a/2qIvQql i have routed in that order or is it wrong?
exiled

#502 Post by exiled » 06 Jan 2021 18:13

maybe is the soundrefs i dont know, i have name it corectly the guid file thanks for the awnser
Digital X

#503 Post by Digital X » 18 Jan 2021 17:52

I'm following a tutorial but at the mixer routing I have no "white folders" to put my sounds into. I got this far and now I cannot do anything. I built up some sounds for an old truck mod using the 579 template. Can I add these folders from somewhere? I'd hate to have to start from scratch.

Following this tutorial:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Oy_OSa_E0U&t=127s

If anyone knows what to do, could you @ me please so I can see it.

I'll try re-reading the first post but having a severe learning disability, this is just way too difficult for me to try and comprehend..
Robinicus

#504 Post by Robinicus » 18 Jan 2021 18:21

Following that tutorial is your fist mistake; everything you need to use FMOD is included in post 1 including video and text tutorials.

You can follow the simple method outlined or use Harven's videos....there are a ton of errors in the one you are trying to use
SlavJerry

#505 Post by SlavJerry » 24 Jan 2021 09:19

How to make blow off sound?
I make mods

yeah that's pretty much it
Addicted

#506 Post by Addicted » 24 Jan 2021 09:50

What method needs to be used to edit the yawn sound when the driver gets tired with a beep sound?
Robinicus

#507 Post by Robinicus » 24 Jan 2021 13:09

If you just want to replace a single sound, using the Bank Tools option is the easiest; link is in post 1.

The readme explains how to use it
LeafeonGold

#508 Post by LeafeonGold » 01 Feb 2021 20:01

I also second the question about adding a blow off valve sound. Since 1.39 doesn't use the turbo slider in the engine bank anymore, the way I had it before doesn't work anymore.

Also, what are the recommended spatializer settings for distance for a straight piped engine? Before I was using these, which worked, but now it seems the sound doesn't carry as far anymore. Stock values for distance are 5-300.

[ external image ]
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I7-4790K |//| XFX Radeon RX 590 8GB |//| 16GB RAM |//| 1TB HDD​
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens
Robinicus

#509 Post by Robinicus » 01 Feb 2021 21:29

@LeafeonGold - for the blow-off you can add the sound in a new track in the engine/engine event, set it to play once instead of loop and trigger the same way you would control an engine brake....i.e. when load reduces to 0 etc.

For spatializer and straight pipes, you should get what you are looking for by selecting the curve option 1 above what you have in the sample pic above; the one that is a straight line 45 degree angle....that will have the effect of the sound decreasing at a consistent rate over distance and should work with the old values you were using
LeafeonGold

#510 Post by LeafeonGold » 03 Feb 2021 02:07

That works for the blow-off trigger, thanks. Screen here so that others can see how I done it:

[ external image ]

Although, I wonder if it could be added to the turbo bank itself, so that if someone was to mute turbo sounds, it would also mute that blow-off valve. I'll test it later.

[ external image ]

With the spatializer settings like this, it does get the volume over distance effect, but now it doesn't seem to drop-off, so even (with a mod) if i zoom out so that my truck is like 500m away, it still sounds like i'm right next to it. I even lowered the distance to 5-700 and it doesn't seem to drop off now. Here's a video of it from up close, and i'll record another when zoomed out.
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I7-4790K |//| XFX Radeon RX 590 8GB |//| 16GB RAM |//| 1TB HDD​
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens

Return to “Modding Guides”