FMOD Discussion [ETS2]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Robinicus

Re: FMOD Discussion [ETS2]

#531 Post by Robinicus » 06 Apr 2021 14:27

@Darkcaptain - not yet unfortunately, there is almost 0 relevant info on the wiki still....

The only way to work around something like this would be to write your own master which is really not practical.

What you can do to minimize it is to make sure your samples are as "dry" as possible; through Audacity (or whatever program you use) you can go into the effects to see what is already in your base samples and remove whatever reverb or delay is in them; it is a bit tedious as it often requires a few passes. You can also minimize the perception of the SCS effects by pulling some midrange out; delay/reverb is most noticeable to our ears in the 500Hz to 1.2 KHz ranges.
Darkcaptain

#532 Post by Darkcaptain » 06 Apr 2021 14:44

It is something strange, I remember that in previous versions of FMOD tool and using the templates for versions 1.37 and 1.38 it did not happen, I thought that this "metallic" effect only happened with the route "Truck_noise", but I have realized that it also happens with " exterior \ world ", it is not possible for thunder sounds to now sound like they are inside a metal tube with reverb O_O

@Robinicus But thanks for all the help ;) I keep investigating...

P.S: I am using Fmod tool version 2.01.05
Robinicus

#533 Post by Robinicus » 06 Apr 2021 14:48

YW - if you go into the mixer, you can see exactly what effects are on the send/returns - the unfortunate part is we can't edit that at the mod level as it is also there in the master. You are right with the change; they went way overboard on effects when they introduced the turbo slider in 1.39.
Max2712

#534 Post by Max2712 » 06 Apr 2021 15:16

@Robinicus Does this mean we can see how SCS equalized the sounds, so they are deeper and more bassy in the interior, for example the engine sound?
Robinicus

#535 Post by Robinicus » 06 Apr 2021 15:31

@Max2712 - you can see what they have done at the channel level and anything on the sends/returns - what you can't see though is anything done on the actual samples themselves.
Max2712

#536 Post by Max2712 » 06 Apr 2021 15:42

@Robinicus And which channel could that be? Maybe the window_left and window_right returns?
Max2712

#538 Post by Max2712 » 06 Apr 2021 15:56

@Robinicus Alright, thanks a lot!
Darkcaptain

#539 Post by Darkcaptain » 15 Apr 2021 15:26

A question... I am making a mod modifying the 'suspension noise' sounds, adding the sound of some keys moving, the problem is that by default the Routing is "outside", if I put it there, the sound of the keys is noticeable very remote and not real, if I put the Routing in the cabin (inside) it sounds good, but there will be no 'suspension' sound with the external camera, anything I can do?

Thanks!
White Wolf

#540 Post by White Wolf » 25 Apr 2021 11:09

Hello Robinicus and all viewers. I have made a engine sound mod, and i have done as (Half Fast Gaming - ATS Update 1.37 | Initial FMOD Tutorial) shows, also did as it is explained in here. My mod shows in the mod box, and in the truck dealer engine section, i buy it, no sound coming from the engine in the truck i use from scs, or RPIE Volvo FH16 2012. Now, after we went from the old sound setup to fmod, and then to the fmod .bank, .bank.guids, then to ( @include "sound_name_sound.sui" ) there are no updated video tutorials on the new setup, so we use the old sound setups, DO THEY STIL WORK in this new scs update 1.40, as i'm having trouble getting this sound to work. What i understand, the turbo must be on its own, same as exhaust, but even doing it like that i still end up with no sound ( Then, the amount of numbers, letters and icons to use in the engine/sound naming arias, example: @include "sound_name_sound.sui", icon, Sii and sui naming, what is the allowed amount in them. Last question for now, in the timeline - logic tracks, can i use engine instead of unloaded, and exhaust, instead of loaded and so on, and the sound file names, are there a specific name to be used or can i name it to what ever i want to name then, keeping to the specific length of the sound name. I also see in the video you only click on loop and not cut, is there a reason for that ?
PS, this video - ATS/ETS2 engine sound mod conversion to FMOD bank (1.37 Open Beta) and Half Fast Gaming - ATS Update 1.37 | Initial FMOD Tutorial, the set up are not the same, witch one is the correct one, and then, in ATS/ETS2 engine sound mod conversion to FMOD bank (1.37 Open Beta) he used ogg sound files, but i understand that the wave files are to be used, so witch one must i use ? As i'm new to fmod, and it's my first project on engine sound, i'm struggling getting the sound to work in the game ETS 2. I have done as the videos shown, and now did something to the setup to see if it will work or not. i have added a video to show what if have done in fmod and my mod file and i hope someone can point out my mistakes so i can fixit and get the sound to work so i can set the sound to what i want it to be. The link to the video
https://youtu.be/oO7LcKBClf4
Last edited by White Wolf on 25 Apr 2021 12:17, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Modding Guides”