1%
Volvo FH 2020
42%

Total votes: 334

Roko

Re: Next ETS2 truck speculation

#631 Post by Roko » 12 Jun 2021 19:08

Good evening,

First of all, my English is not good, so I apologize for that.

I only looked at this topic from the time the new trucks DAF XG & XG+ 2021 came into play.

Personally, I like her. Not perfect but that’s not due to the brand or the good introduction of SCS software into the game.
I don’t like them in the long run. At least from the outside, designer-technical. At least for now! But that’s my personal opinion.

If you drive for a while, it’s not so bad anymore. From the inside, I’ve liked the truck since the first second.

Honestly, I’m not a real fan of these modern camera mirrors. Then find there is something missing on the truck.
But this is going to be the future, and you certainly have to get used to it at some point.
But – as long as there is always the option to install normal mirrors on the truck it is still possible.
And I have to admit, after one or two long tours with the camera mirrors, I got used to it.

Why I actually wanted to post this post is, I have noticed here and in my environment that many miracles or ask if and
when the truck is included in the “DAF Tuning DLC”, new chassis and the XF cab comes. Have seen in real life a 2x6 / 4x6 chassis.
Think about it because DAF has fewer problems. But in terms of tuning and so on I think it takes a bit longer. Same with the XF cabin.
I’m definitely looking forward to what’s coming.

[ external image ]

In the end, however, it is a real leap forward that SCS software has inserted several things with this truck that the community has certainly longed for.
Digital dashboard, camera mirrors and daytime running lights.

It’s getting more and more interesting. Of course, there are still wishes that are much more important.
For example, in-game subdivisions (In German: "Gliederzüge") or the ability to supply multiple customers with a tour and much more.
But I’m sure some things will now be “nourished” with the coming SCS-MP.

I hope I’m not too cut off from the subject but I wish you a pleasant evening!

Greetings
Roko
Stay healthy! - Hobby turned into a profession – Trucker!
Winchester1979

#632 Post by Winchester1979 » 12 Jun 2021 20:01

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 12 Jun 2021 08:02 there is no complication at all adding the side window to the truck, it is just a matter of correct def file linking that it works correct
The complicated bit is modeling the thing, which as I said requires taking the existing doors off the existing cab model, then making two sets of exterior doors (rhd and lhd) and two sets of interior doors, because the shape of the inside of the door is different on the see-through door.

I *hope* we get it on the XF, since DAF makes such a big deal out of it, and that this is why the XF isn't part of the original release (I have yet to see an XG with the windowed doors). But I would not hold my breath, and I definitely would not expect anyone to manage to make a decent version of them if SCS doesn't do it.
xXCARL1992Xx

#633 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 12 Jun 2021 20:05

there is nothing complicated on it still, for people whos job it is to create it they would do it in 2 or 3 days, they created the whole truck in 7 month they can also add a little window into the door

and the window is available for all trucks

DAF XG
DAF XF
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
polskagrom

#634 Post by polskagrom » 13 Jun 2021 02:47

Im curious when Scania is going to add mirror cams? Back in 2017 they were testing the idea out wonder what happened.
https://iepieleaks.nl/scania-develops-c ... e-mirrors/
CarTMatt

#635 Post by CarTMatt » 13 Jun 2021 10:33

Well, in the video launch of the New Gen DAF's, they said that they would be coming out of 4x2's first then the other chassis options will come later. Honestly, I'm not too bothered by the lack of dots in terms of customization because I rarely customize my trucks far from stock. SCS also said in the stream about the new truck that it will have more stuff coming soon by the fall of 2021 (XF cab, more configs, etc.) probably when 1.41 is released (maybe 1.42). I'm not too sure about the kerb/curbside window though because it's mainly for construction and city applications I believe and I don't really think adding it would do a great impact on the visibility since it's already so good (better than any truck I drove in ETS2). Well, since DAF is with SCS on this project, they have to meet their demands and deadlines so we'll just have to wait and see. Plus, it's their first time implementing such advanced tech into their game and as the updates roll on by, the truck will get better regardless if there are any changes to customization.

Quick side note: Maybe the MP5 is next on the list and regarding the Scania Mirrorcams, they're coming I think (probably on the next-gen Scania facelift or something)
I love modern trucks and some old ones too.
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 3.6Ghz-4.2Ghz
Mobo: Asus TUF B450M-Pro Gaming
RAM: 16 GB of DDR4 3600mhz CL18 PNY XLR8
Graphics Card: Asus TUF GTX 1660 Super OC Edition
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE 650 80+ Gold
harishw8r

#636 Post by harishw8r » 13 Jun 2021 11:31

There are many things in the trucks in game that are only for cosmetic purposes, so the application really doesn’t matter. Also the kerb glass is a unique thing for the new DAF, so having it in the game would be better.

I’m clueless about the next truck. At this moment, anything is possible.
xXCARL1992Xx

#637 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 13 Jun 2021 11:35

the kerb glass isnt unique to DAF, DAF is just the first one to introduce it to long haul trucks and not only in town trucks
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
harishw8r

#638 Post by harishw8r » 13 Jun 2021 11:36

That was my point, it would be new to the game 😂
Graf_Boinenn

#639 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 15 Jun 2021 14:59

About making the kerb door.. they don't model from scratch the Left kerb door then the right kerb door, then the normal right door and the normal left door.

The hard part is the details But modeling it, it's just one normal door, one kerb door and mirror them depending on the driver seat location.
Trucker Nik

#640 Post by Trucker Nik » 15 Jun 2021 16:00

I hope to see the Ford F-MAX and Mercedes Actros MP5 trucks soon

Return to “General discussion about the game”