Sisu Polar
2%
Volvo FH 2020
42%

Total votes: 333

Trenero

Re: Next ETS2 truck speculation

#301 Post by Trenero » 28 Apr 2021 22:16

I hope that the next truck will be the Iveco S-Way, now that the Iberia DLC is released they have a great opportunity, because this year 2021 the old spanish truck manufacturer Pegaso (Now part of Iveco) turns 75 years and Iveco launched a special version of the S-Way to commemorate it.
I think that will fit in the Iberia theme really well and be a great addition to the game.
[ external image ]

They can also launch other special paint jobs like the 70th aniversary paintjob of the special edition of the Stralis XP
[ external image ]

And even they can launch a paintjob for all the ivecos with the iconic black, white, yellow and red pegasos on the sides, like the one the old Pegaso trucks have.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Winchester1979

#302 Post by Winchester1979 » 29 Apr 2021 00:50

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 28 Apr 2021 20:49 the F-Max is only logical because it wants to compete with the other 7 brands, while other like Kamaz or Sisu wont be seen outside of their countries much

hell i life in germany and i already saw 4 F-Max but 0 FH5s, but i also see already many Actros 5 and 2020 TGXs and S-Ways, wich means it already started with the mass sale of the new trucks and companies upgrading
How many of those had Turkish plates though?

I've seen an F-Max myself up here in Sweden, but it had Turkish plates. There are probably precious few of the things registered on other countries compared to the established brands. And I think the reason it's so popular in the poll is because there's a lot of Turkish ETS2 players - that's pretty evident from looking at what's on the mod repositories.

I think that if SCS even bothers with the FH 2020, Actros 2019, or Scania 2020, they're basically going to be "new trucks" in the same way that the Renault T Evo was - an optional updated interior (where applicable); some new bumper options; and new engines for the Scania. I don't think any of the underlying ssues with either the FH or the Actros would be fixed, if that mattered they'd have fixed them when they released the tuning pack DLCs. I don't know how different the new MAN TGX or whether DAF had a facelift since the last version of the truck in game, but I don't imagine they'll get *new* trucks unless the differences are substantial.

Which leaves the Iveco, which is an entire new truck with nothing visible from the Stralis or Hi-Way, and has plenty of options; or the Ford, which has something like three things you can user-select.
55sixxx

#303 Post by 55sixxx » 29 Apr 2021 01:18

Winchester1979 wrote: 29 Apr 2021 00:50 I think that if SCS even bothers with the FH 2020, Actros 2019, or Scania 2020, they're basically going to be "new trucks" in the same way that the Renault T Evo was
If they do the same with the FH5 as they did with the "new" Renault (Just add new parts to the existing model), 99% of the community will rage (Myself included)... Because all Volvo's we have in-game (Both ETS2 and ATS), have crap quality 3D models... The FH4 we have is completely off in scale, has very low detailing and low poly interior.

I'm a big Volvo fan, but i literally can't use any due to the absurd difference in quality when you compare it to the Scania NG, Man E6 and Renault T.

The Actros MP4 also suffers from the same issues as the FH4 but surprisingly not as bad (It's still off in scale but the model itself is a tad bit better)... A whole new 3D model will be a must for the release of the Actros 2019 tho.
harishw8r

#304 Post by harishw8r » 29 Apr 2021 11:36

^ Agreed. Newer models has to be standalone. I don’t see a chance of SCS redoing older models from scratch and add the new facelift parts, which is also a good alternative if you ask me.

The TGX Euro 6 looks good quality wise, but the XXL cab looks shorter to me while in real life images, the cab looks taller.
Some newbie driver

#305 Post by Some newbie driver » 30 Apr 2021 09:42

If they keep working with original CAD files (considering other manufacturers allow them that option as others did); then the "parts over old model" is mostly discarded; because as nothing will match they would had to end modeling everything from scratch anyway. I suppose that, arrived that point, for them it would be way better to create new models correctly proportioned that allow them not just to release something now, but also to have a solid base for future changes.
harishw8r

#306 Post by harishw8r » 30 Apr 2021 10:12

Yeah, given the current quality of trucks I don’t think we would get any facelifts except the TGX.
Lukemfc

#307 Post by Lukemfc » 01 May 2021 20:38

Love the new iveco but for my would love the MAN tgx especially has driving for h essers
Graf_Boinenn

#308 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 04 May 2021 15:42

Guys, I have a question about old trucks and modding community. Can SCS go out and "buy" some mod of an old truck that is made by the community and, after some fixes and adjustments, use it as an update of an old model? Because ETS2 and ATS have a very good modding community, with some models close to real life on details that are amazing.

Maybe that can save up some time, speed things up and raise the bar of the quality of the trucks in general.
Winchester1979

#309 Post by Winchester1979 » 04 May 2021 17:19

@Graf_Boinenn The problem is that there are basically three kinds of truck mods for these games:

1 - "Rework" mods, where the modder took the SCS mod and split it into more segments so they could offer alternate pieces. Ohaha's, Schumi's, and Eugene's mods are all rework mods. Most of the stuff they've done, other than some of the specific accessories, are things that SCS could add already if they felt the need to. Aside from allowing more customization, these mods all retain the problems that the original models have, like the super-heavy ambient occlusion maps that make bright trucks look grungy, or actual shape issues like being too wide, tall, squat, etc.

2 - "Turbosquid Conversion" mods, where the modder took a commercially available 3D model and imported it into the game. Most of these are for trucks that SCS didn't povide, and they're almost universally frame-rate hogs, because they're not in any way optimized for games. There might be an entire lovingly modeled engine or interior door sills and whatnot modeled that you'll never see in the game, that the game still has to keep track of. Not to mention excessive surface density of the mesh.

3 - "Original 3D model" mods. I don't know if any of the modders that have the skills to make their own trucks from scratch have bothered trying to make a better version of a truck that is already in the game, and most of the projects where a fan mod overlaps with an SCS truck were started before the SCS truck was released and were discontinued because the SCS model superseded it. (The one exception I can think of off hand being Viper2's Peterbilt, which was originally an ETS2 mod that was ported to ATS because it had more options than the SCS model).

It's possible there are paid mods that are "better" versions of the original SCS stuff, but even talking specifics about those here might be against the rules and I actually don't know if they exist because I am not paying the price of a full game for a slightly better version of a truck I'm probably never going to drive...

Anyway, none of the above are really suitable for the whole "buy them from the modder and release them as an update" thing, because of licensing - SCS would need to run the model past the licensing team at the manufacturer and get them okayed, and then have to answer questions about "why do you need to replace the old model, wasn't the old one good enough?".
jdwarfer

#310 Post by jdwarfer » 04 May 2021 17:32

SCS need the right to use any existing truck in the game, new or old.
Truck manufacturers seem to only want to give rights for current or new models. I guess it's because they don't see what they would get by promoting old models.

Return to “General discussion about the game”