Sisu Polar
1%
Volvo FH 2020
41%

Total votes: 335

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Next ETS2 truck speculation

#271 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 22 Apr 2021 20:18

just because the grill follows the same basic design rule ("straight" bar across) doesnt mean it is a copy, it can clearly be seen it is inspired by the E6 grill, same goes for the roof, Scania wasnt the first one with the skylights, it was DAF, the cab is a more modern version of the old cab design we know for almost 25 years

same goes for Iveco, the design is a bigger picture of the Eurocargo front, both trucks were in development where nobody knew how the New Scania will look like, so they cant copy it if even Scania didnt show anything 2 years before reveal
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
scaniadriver01

#272 Post by scaniadriver01 » 22 Apr 2021 21:28

i know.. but before every truck had thier own iconic look... like you could remove the badges and a 10 yr old can tell what truck it is.. but now it all looks the same..
i know about the skylight of daf.. but it made daf a daf.. and a volvo a volvo... now its just a square box..
i have driven a lot of trucks... as i have worked for many companies..
renault had its own quirky design on the premium.. but everything under the cabin was straight from volvo...
iveco was in a league of its own with the stratis and the turbo torpedos
same for ford joining the trucking industry
man is workhorse only.. nothing too fancy on the looks department..
volvo and scania where putting on a hp and torque competition going v8 vs straight 6 doing 700+ hp and 3500+ nm of torque..
and daf had its own look like mercedes does..
its just bricks on wheels for me.. boxy shape and it looks the same to me...
Some newbie driver

#273 Post by Some newbie driver » 22 Apr 2021 21:53

ALMOST all of them look the same, yes (Renault design could seem "quirky" to some people; but it's the only one truly different to the rest since Magnum release). And Scania didn't invented that look. So please, stop that nonsense of "bah, another Scania copycat" that has been so many times written in here.

When one has strict size constrains in every axis (they are limited in height, width and length), one is under the same law of physics (aerodynamics aren't going to work different for... hum, Iveco), and one has the market requesting you the maximum space possible for interior habitability... Then yes, expect all of them to be a brick that maximizes all the space available and the general looks to be the same. There's no room for anything else. EU truck's aren't like American ones that had way less restrictions in design (on the contrary, their bridge law push them to be larger; so more room to put in there whatever they want to).

And if one of those companies would find a trick to gain a 1% of aerodynamic efficiency (let's say, a new shape to some deflector in the front corners); take for granted it will end being used for all the brands in their next model/restyling. Because those aren't cars for personal use, those are machines to work with. They had to make money for their owners and the bigger bill is the fuel one. Whatever could cause saves on that is going to be copied by all the companies because no one of them wants to be the last one to offer that saving to their customers.

Regards
Dr. Delerious

#274 Post by Dr. Delerious » 23 Apr 2021 01:17

I would love to see a truck design that arks back to the 50's/60's with a minimalist style and round headlights.
MrCapital

#275 Post by MrCapital » 23 Apr 2021 08:00

scaniadriver01 wrote: 22 Apr 2021 21:28 renault had its own quirky design on the premium..
That's one interesting statement seeing that the Premium used the same cab that also Volvo, Daf, Sisu and many more uses/used.
[ external image ]
- retired modder - do not disturb -
Graf_Boinenn

#276 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 23 Apr 2021 12:51

The thing about the DAF is that I will include it in the list because, since what happened with Western Star and Renault, now we have chances to have a new model when it is released in real life or a couple of days after.

Anyway, about the pics, looks kinda Scania-ish, doesn't it?
Cemail Cebeci

#277 Post by Cemail Cebeci » 23 Apr 2021 14:29

Renault Tuning Packs
New point Jobs
ETS 2 Next Trucks
Offical Multiplayer

https://youtu.be/MIlJ9J0OT6c
scaniadriver01

#278 Post by scaniadriver01 » 23 Apr 2021 17:32

@MrCapital driven the premium.. i have never had a truck where i needed to put the controll switch behind the steeringwheel in drive before i could use the switch next to it in reverse.. i mean come on.. only renault would come up with that crap..
And the cab had more bodyroll then the trailer i had behind it with 27 tons of steel coils
Some newbie driver

#279 Post by Some newbie driver » 23 Apr 2021 18:04

We were all talking about LOOKS design. Now you are talking about construction and usability/ergonomics. Mixing things that way is not going to take us anywhere.
MrCapital

#280 Post by MrCapital » 23 Apr 2021 18:08

@scaniadriver01: I have. Volvo FL, which just happen to have the exact same cab. :P
[ external image ]
- retired modder - do not disturb -

Return to “General discussion about the game”