Sisu Polar
1%
Volvo FH 2020
41%

Total votes: 335

CarTMatt

Re: Next ETS2 truck speculation

#591 Post by CarTMatt » 10 Jun 2021 05:55

The reverse gauges are for symmetry. Because the gauges move outwards, it looks better to the eye but not great for reading how many revs are you using. Also, I probably think the new truck is just one model at the dealer but with 3 cab styles since the chassis are barely changed from model to model. The launch stream for the DAF in ETS2 is happening in a couple of hours, can't wait!

Speaking of which, now that we got new tech for trucks, the Mercedes, Volvo, and MAN trucks are inbound (if they gave licenses to SCS already)
I love modern trucks and some old ones too.
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 3.6Ghz-4.2Ghz
Mobo: Asus TUF B450M-Pro Gaming
RAM: 16 GB of DDR4 3600mhz CL18 PNY XLR8
Graphics Card: Asus TUF GTX 1660 Super OC Edition
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE 650 80+ Gold
harishw8r

#592 Post by harishw8r » 10 Jun 2021 07:09

Mercedes could have used the chance but somehow that didn't happen. Hope the other trucks are in the launch lineup.

One thing about the XG+ model seen in the ride and drive model though, the dashboard surfaces aren't shiny/glossy/reflective at all, as compared to the real-time pic. I hope that's a low-quality pic and the model in the game looks better than that.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Adsumus

#593 Post by Adsumus » 10 Jun 2021 07:15

Let's hope we'll get a DAF release today at stream or after it.
Not a native english speaker, sorry for any misunderstanding.
MACX8

#594 Post by MACX8 » 10 Jun 2021 10:23

Triple-Ce wrote: 09 Jun 2021 20:11 If we get mirrorcams for the DAF, then the new Merc MP5 is perhaps not far away. Hopefully in the future, please. 🤩
i think SCS will add What are new coming trucks
i think will not add old released trucks - idk
but i see em added trucks with released in real life if i not wrong like ( Western star 49x , Cascadia , T evolution and coming Daf New gen )
idk :)

sorry for my English :roll:
I use ( Google Translate ) For translation to English
SCANIA-S best Truck ever in a Both game
Graf_Boinenn

#595 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 10 Jun 2021 13:27

MACX8 wrote: 10 Jun 2021 10:23
Triple-Ce wrote: 09 Jun 2021 20:11 If we get mirrorcams for the DAF, then the new Merc MP5 is perhaps not far away. Hopefully in the future, please. 🤩
i think SCS will add What are new coming trucks
i think will not add old released trucks - idk
but i see em added trucks with released in real life if i not wrong like ( Western star 49x , Cascadia , T evolution and coming Daf New gen )
idk :)

sorry for my English :roll:
Some things about this thing related to the MP5, TGX 2020 and so on.

1- It always depends on LICENSES. Of course SCS decides which trucks to bring to the game and take action from that point. But also, the brands with all the license stuff it's a bit trickly and burocratic. And it takes TIME.
2. SCS is seen in a different way now in the market. With what happened with the WS49X, T Evo and now the DAF, now the games are a marketing channel to show products. AND companies reach SCS to work together. After what happened with the WS and Freightliner in ATS, I think the things with Daimler are in very good terms.
3- COVID. Affected the dynamic of work in many companies, as we saw with SCS. That also includes Daimler and Mercedes Benz Trucks Europe.
4- Resources. SCS released in the last year -including ATS- 5 TRUCKS (Anthem, 49X, Cascadia, T Evolution and new DAF). 3 of them were released after real life release. 2 of them, worked close to the brand and projects that were top secret. With a deadline that can't be moved. This reduces the amount of people working with other projects, because you have to deliver a product in time and with a quality standard.
5. Now that no new trucks are coming, i think ETS2 will get more this year. We don't know the status of the S-Way, MP5, new FH and TGX 2020. But seeing what Oscar and the guys achieved, i'm confident it wil be good and will worth the wait.
idyllicLife

#596 Post by idyllicLife » 10 Jun 2021 14:32

As i've always said, i wish SCS had focused on old generation trucks a little bit, not just super comfy lastest gen trucks.
jdwarfer

#597 Post by jdwarfer » 10 Jun 2021 14:44

That's not just SCS choice.
It's been discussed so much times.
Winchester1979

#598 Post by Winchester1979 » 10 Jun 2021 14:57

Zakxaev68 wrote: 09 Jun 2021 20:02 You must be stupid to think 3 different trucks will be added to reflect 3 different cab sizes.. Three times the amount of work even when something needs to be updated on the models. Likely the bottom part of the cab will be part of the chassis and the rest will be individual cab models. Most logical solution if you ask me.
It has to do with how the names of the trucks are rendered in the game.

Truck Manager names are rendered as "Manufacturer name" "Model name" "Cab name", on every truck in the game.

For the Scania R and S, that means that in order to get the game to show "Scania R Highline", they had to split the model (which contains all the parts for both trucks) into two with the definitions, so that there's a "Scania R" and a "Scania R" that has different definitions for all their parts despite all the parts other than the cab specific ones being the same.

For the Renault T, it meant that they had to combine the T and T High into one truck (well, they could have split it), so that the names would render as "Renault T Normal" and "Renault T High".

For the DAF, the proper names of the trucks are "DAF XF", "DAF XG", and "DAF XG+". The only way to make it all one truck would be to leave the truck model name field blank, and I don't think the game accepts that as an option. On the other hand, you can just make the cab name " " (a space) and get the right display name in the truck manager. (using " " as the model name might result in the game rendering the name as "DAF XF", "DAF XG", "DAF XG+" instead.)

Anyway, we'll find out in a few minutes.
jdwarfer

#599 Post by jdwarfer » 10 Jun 2021 16:36

I've got an update but no DAF XG... Damn I was so excited xD
JavitoSeinG

#600 Post by JavitoSeinG » 10 Jun 2021 16:37

Its already in game now

Return to “General discussion about the game”