Sisu Polar
1%
Volvo FH 2020
42%

Total votes: 334

Graf_Boinenn

Re: Next ETS2 truck speculation

#781 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 27 Jul 2021 17:52

If it has the same internal name for both games, is something that are tied and will work for both games.

If it is related to accessories, well, the list goes short. Alcoa Wheels or Hella lights maybe. Two brands are on those two markets. The other one can be another tire company.
If it is related to skins, well, that can be anything.
leo.arevalo12ss

#782 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 29 Jul 2021 05:02

If it's a tuning company it'll have to be for both games or it could be tyres or paint jobs since a trailer from the same brand for both games is impossible though if it's a truck then it'll have to be Volvo but its probably impossible despite the fact that the daf xg is a dlc but that's the most unlikely
Take it with a grain of salt nothing is 100% sure
Wolfi
Beta tester

#783 Post by Wolfi » 29 Jul 2021 07:56

I'll just say that the fact it has the same internal name doesn't mean the DLC will have the same content for both games ;)
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Trenero

#784 Post by Trenero » 29 Jul 2021 12:46

it's obviously Rigid trucks DLC for both games :D

Im thinking about a new cargo DLC, paint DLC or something related with a future WOT event.
JolliciousJosh

#785 Post by JolliciousJosh » 29 Jul 2021 14:31

Rigid Trucks DLC is absolutely unlikely.
In ATS, all flagship truck models present in the game are purely semi-truck chassis based. Rigids in these truck models are focused in Austraila and New Zealand.
For the case of ETS2, rigids are a big possibility, but not this time, and SCS will tell when the rigids come out for the use of purely cargo, or attached with BDF Trailers, and compatible with Krone and Schwarzmuller DLCs, and not the rigid trucks DLC itself. When SCS confirms the scheme, first, they might probably bring in mid-duty truck models, excluding the following:
- Scania L
- Volvo FL
- Mercedes-Benz Atego
- MAN TGL and TGM
- DAF LF

One more thing, VC DLC is still unknown what DLC is.
It might be a:
- Map DLC
- Cargo Pack
- Trailer DLC
- Tuning Pack
- Accessory Pack
- Tire Pack
- Paint Job.

Only SCS will know what it is.
supersobes
Global moderator

#786 Post by supersobes » 29 Jul 2021 15:41

JolliciousJosh wrote: 29 Jul 2021 14:31 Rigid Trucks DLC is absolutely unlikely.
In ATS, all flagship truck models present in the game are purely semi-truck chassis based.
While these trucks are certainly more common as semi tractors, it's not uncommon to see them as straight truck in real-life. It's more common that most people think, especially in states that allow longer combination trucks. It is very much possible for SCS to add rigids to ATS with the current truck lineup if they wanted to.

[ external image ] [ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ]
Some newbie driver

#787 Post by Some newbie driver » 29 Jul 2021 19:04

To be honest, I don't care at all about rigids the way people wants them (line haulers). They are more or less the same we are playing now with a different chassis. If they come I will welcome them of course; but if I would had to chose between rigid bodies for current trucks or new different trucks models; I've a clear winner.

But rigids with vocational bodies and related jobs... that would be way much appreciated as it will add way more variety to the game.

Of course, that would require way more work. So, the chances are that the day rigids come, they will be line haulers almost at the beginning.
leo.arevalo12ss

#788 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 31 Jul 2021 04:31

I don't think rígid trucks would come as a dlc rather as a new feature kind of like ownable trailers
Take it with a grain of salt nothing is 100% sure
Wolfi
Beta tester

#789 Post by Wolfi » 31 Jul 2021 06:27

I have to agree with Some newbie driver, rigids won't bring anything new gameplay-wise. The only difference to the current semi truck, is the fact that you are limited to certain loads due to the body type of the truck.
Anyways, as stated above, rigids won't be a separate DLC. So VC is something else.
I still think it's a generic troll name and indeed the DLC will have different stuff for each game. I highly doubt it's a truck though.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
harishw8r

#790 Post by harishw8r » 31 Jul 2021 07:25

Could be a truck as well but ATS has the Volat DLC, I’d rather giver the truck status to it.

VC would be either some cargo pack or a paint job pack. Tire/Wheel rim DLC is also a possibility.

Return to “General discussion about the game”