Sisu Polar
1%
Volvo FH 2020
41%

Total votes: 335

jackbus

Re: Next ETS2 truck speculation

#621 Post by jackbus » 11 Jun 2021 15:45

How long in between the launch of 49X in game and the mega update?
harishw8r

#622 Post by harishw8r » 11 Jun 2021 15:53

Around 123 days…
xXCARL1992Xx

#623 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 11 Jun 2021 15:54

would have been longer if the Cascadia wasnt in the making, they reused the Cascadia model most likely and made some changes, the mesh is 1:1 identical, so it can take longer for the DAF XF but with it only being a different roof hight it could be faster
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Marcello Julio

#624 Post by Marcello Julio » 11 Jun 2021 16:31

DAF is a different case if 49X, because for example the chassis, they will have to wait for DAF to announce them in real life to add to the game and we don't know how long it will take DAF to announce the new chassis. But I believe that for the first update of new additions in the New DAF, besides of course the XF cabin that is already confirmed to come, I believe that more customization options will be added, like for example, the Kerb view window.
xXCARL1992Xx

#625 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 11 Jun 2021 16:32

they dont have to wait for anything, DAF doesnt sell them yet doesnt mean they dont exist in CAD form, almost all chassis are known already but DAF thinks selling the most used chassis first is better
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
harishw8r

#626 Post by harishw8r » 11 Jun 2021 16:48

Carl has a point. That said we can actually expect some chassis updates within the year, maybe along with the XF.

But one thing I’d really like to see is the kerb glass option. It’s one of a kind and would definitely make a cool addition. I don’t remember any european truck having such opening either.
Winchester1979

#627 Post by Winchester1979 » 11 Jun 2021 22:57

harishw8r wrote: 11 Jun 2021 16:48 Carl has a point. That said we can actually expect some chassis updates within the year, maybe along with the XF.

But one thing I’d really like to see is the kerb glass option. It’s one of a kind and would definitely make a cool addition. I don’t remember any european truck having such opening either.
It's a factory option on the Scania P series (called the City Safe window), and apparently has been available as an aftermarket option for most construction trucks for a while. The city of London passed some laws on direct driver visibility that encourages the addition of windows like this on vehicles that operate inside the city limits a few years back, so they've gotten more popular outside of the construction segment.

As for making them in game, it's a complicated endeavor. You'll need to not only cut the cab apart to separate both doors, you'll then have to make both an exterior door window and the matching interior one, then mirror the whole setup (and hope the cab model is perfectly centered), create a hidden dot for the windowed exterior door models, then write definitions for the interior with the safety window such that when you pick the windowed door, it'll change the exterior as well, and if you pick the non-windowed one it'll swap back to the default exterior.

The hardest part of this would be modeling the interior of the door itself, as the interior door card is different on the windowed version of the door.
xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 11 Jun 2021 16:32 they dont have to wait for anything, DAF doesnt sell them yet doesnt mean they dont exist in CAD form, almost all chassis are known already but DAF thinks selling the most used chassis first is better
The new DAF is not the first truck to launch as a 4x2 first and 6x2 later - Iveco did the exact same thing with the S-Way, and Ford only makes a 4x2 chassis for the F-Max in the first place. I'm not sure what the launch options for the Renault T were, but I'm pretty sure their rollout truck was also a 4x2.

Only Scania and Volvo I think roll out the 6x2s on day one, and that's because 4x2s don't sell well at all up here and they know their market.

Also, if everything was up to SCS, I'm pretty sure we'd have at least gotten locators for bull bars and roof bars.

I'm hoping to see some evolution of the truck over the next little while - there's a couple of critical bugs that need fixing (plastic mirror cams, the half-orange roof light on the XG) that I'm hoping will arrive with at least more dots on the model, even if there's no options for them. I could totally add the dots myself, but then everything that anyone makes for those dots would have to be adjusted whenever SCS adds the *official* dots, which we know they will eventually.
xXCARL1992Xx

#628 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 12 Jun 2021 08:02

there is no complication at all adding the side window to the truck, it is just a matter of correct def file linking that it works correct
[ external image ]
55sixxx

#629 Post by 55sixxx » 12 Jun 2021 14:14

Regarding customization the new DAF is pretty bare... No roof bars, no sidebars, no bumper bars, there's no option to use the Window Flag DLC, you can't have DAF's lightboards inside the cab, no DAF DLC options on the outside, you have basically the way the truck is when comes out of the factory and that is it. When the new XF arrives and more chassis options release i think it's possible that it will get about the same level of customization as the 49X got but i don't think it will be soon... You can pretty much expect this DAF update by the end of 2021 and i'm being quite optimistic with that guess.
dahaka

#630 Post by dahaka » 12 Jun 2021 17:37

It's probably like with the new Scania, DAF has probably asked SCS to keep the truck as it comes from the factory for now, and later on the customizations will be added to it.

Return to “General discussion about the game”