Sisu Polar
1%
Volvo FH 2020
41%

Total votes: 335

idyllicLife

Re: Next ETS2 truck speculation

#891 Post by idyllicLife » 05 Sep 2021 15:52

Ford's old Transcontinental and Cargo series were quite common, especially in UK with both 4x2 and 6x2 chassis.
Fly_Mind

#892 Post by Fly_Mind » 06 Sep 2021 13:38

@xXCARL1992Xx I think your argument is still very weak. So what about for example Kamaz? What a history do they have in WESTERN europe? I can tell you its not existing. But still it seems like many people in the community what it in the game.
xXCARL1992Xx

#893 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 06 Sep 2021 15:51

im not talking about the community for the game, im talking about companies in the real world, why should they buy a truck that has little to no history in Europe when you can choose robust trucks from 7 manufacturers with at least 50 years of history in all of Europe ?

"It seems like another brand is pushing into the european market."

they need to establish themselves first and i wont see that ever coming outside of Turkey, Kamaz is a whole different matter, it is known in the whole of ex USSR and, more or less, an iconic brand in said countries and will be recognised immediately
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Fly_Mind

#894 Post by Fly_Mind » 06 Sep 2021 18:54

Why companies might consider to buy it? Because of money. Its known that a Ford F-Max for example is much cheaper than an comparable Mercedes. And in case of the BMC, its useing Cursor engines which are made by the engine suplier of Iveco. And its useing the Traxxon gearbox which is made by the famous german company ZF. The same gearbox is used by DAF by the way. If they have at least some euroean quality standards the might get some customers. I dont say that those turkish brands will have a market share like the big 7 but i think they might be able to get some percent of the market share. As i said in the beginning its all about the money and how much you can safe of it. Time will tell.
xXCARL1992Xx

#895 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 06 Sep 2021 19:07

companies dont look at money, most of them buy what they are familiar with or whichever can deliver the trucks they need, they lease them, drive them and then return them if they have a massive fleet with regular turnover of trucks of 4 or 5 years, i know a company with 80+ trucks, it only has MAN, DAF and a few Mercedes and 3 Volvo, Mercs will only be bought with much deliberation because they already pulled the arrogance card, DAF is the most bought truck before MAN and the Volvos were bought on driver recommendation, i know back then they had more Mercs and also some Ivecos but not anymore

for bigger companies it is even less money, if they buy in bulk then it will be cheaper anyway, when i read how many bulk sales they make, DAF just made one with 200 trucks for a company in South America, smaller/new manufacturers will have it hard to establish anything meaningful in the bigger European country markets especially if they dont even have any point from where they can sell them and produce them without them having to drive 3000km first to get to the middle of Europe, Ford just now has established in CZ and in the Netherlands only recently the first one was registered

i have serious doubts BMC will ever leave the Turkey market if people have the choice between BMC, a relativ unknown, or the F-Max wich has a way better chance to establish here

also, maintenance, if they dont have any meaningful maintenance support here they have lost or very hard to establish anything
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Fly_Mind

#896 Post by Fly_Mind » 06 Sep 2021 19:12

As i said i doubt that they will have a big market share but i think with small companies with less than ten vechicles is where they might aim for because such companies dont throw their money left right and center with ease like the big players like Willi Betz or Gartner or who ever.
dsf.fernando

#897 Post by dsf.fernando » 06 Sep 2021 20:23

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 06 Sep 2021 15:51 im not talking about the community for the game, im talking about companies in the real world, why should they buy a truck that has little to no history in Europe when you can choose robust trucks from 7 manufacturers with at least 50 years of history in all of Europe ?

"It seems like another brand is pushing into the european market."

they need to establish themselves first and i wont see that ever coming outside of Turkey, Kamaz is a whole different matter, it is known in the whole of ex USSR and, more or less, an iconic brand in said countries and will be recognised immediately
they said the same when Volkswagen started to make trucks in South America in the mid-80s, and now they go toe to toe against Mercedes-Benz for overall sales.
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
Some newbie driver

#898 Post by Some newbie driver » 06 Sep 2021 20:53

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 06 Sep 2021 19:07companies dont look at money
Trucking companies DO look money, till the last penny. Point is, the purchase cost of a truck it's just the peak of the iceberg in the total ownership cost of a truck through its whole lifetime. So, of course, other companies trying to stablish in the market had to offer something more than just the cost of purchase the truck.

Anyways, having in mind that the big-7 had been over-inflating illegally their prices making a cartel (that was severely fined in recent years); price of purchase and the anger left in some customers cannot be plainly ignored.

I said a few months ago that I found one of those BMC here in Spain; and by its looks and the place where I found it seemed a local company. One in the middle of a million? Just an anecdote? Yes, for sure. But if both that company and Ford would start to play in the Spanish market they can gain a significant traction in the European market. Ours is one of the biggest truck fleets of Europe, but way more sensible to prices than more mighty markets in central Europe. It's easy for them to stablish here, gain a name and keep moving to other places.

Regards
Fly_Mind

#899 Post by Fly_Mind » 07 Sep 2021 14:26

Speaking that those turkish trucks wont have any inpact in europe. In Romania Ford is the already the market leader in the segment of municipal as well as construcion segment. And this is remarkable because they just entered the romanian market in may of 2017.

https://www.automotive-today.ro/index.p ... -in-a-row/

https://www.fordtrucks.com.tr/en/news/f ... in-romania
oldmanclippy

#900 Post by oldmanclippy » 07 Sep 2021 16:12

Pavel just said in the Wyoming stream that other truck brands have started tentative discussions with SCS :o
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri

Return to “General discussion about the game”