ETS2 1.38 and 1.39 Speculation Thread

Jatruck

Re: ETS2 1.38 Speculation Thread

#251 Post by Jatruck » 23 Jun 2020 14:31

So, wait for several years :D

dahaka

#252 Post by dahaka » 23 Jun 2020 14:42

Maybe SCS should make a fundraiser? Donations wouldn't be necessary, but the more players would donate, the faster SCS could rework the base map. I would definitely donate a good 20 euros. If not more.
That way we would all benefit greatly, and since donating wouldn't be mandatory, and everybody would get the update, nobody would be angry either.

TheTiger

#253 Post by TheTiger » 23 Jun 2020 16:11

I guess... the 1.38 won't show up today.
Image Image

Some newbie driver

#254 Post by Some newbie driver » 23 Jun 2020 19:03

dahaka wrote:
23 Jun 2020 14:42
That way we would all benefit greatly, and since donating wouldn't be mandatory, and everybody would get the update, nobody would be angry either.
Anyone of us had payed for the game once time ago and never more spend a penny on it, despite all the updates it has received. Although that's a FACT, you could find everywhere people continuously demanding more in not so polite ways; some of them even in very harsh manners. Do you really expect that, people who would hypothetically pay that fundraising, to not to complain? Not all of them of course, but there will be lots of complainers and using the argument they have payed twice and still don't have XXXX they wanted. SCS customers aren't going to be different from others, it's pure human nature wherever you look at it.

SCS isn't going to fund-raise anything, even if it's a good idea for startups, not so good for well consolidated companies. And they aren't going to charge us for the changes in the map, that would be a very BAD idea (and they know it). What it's left is the same they had been doing all this time: take part of the money they achieve as profit from their sales (mainly map DLC) and invest it back to keep improving the game. As any other company, they know they musk keep investing into its product; they are the first interested into keep doing that. But that investment has to be done accordingly to the money income, otherwise it would be a ruin.

SCS has achieved a very high amount of players, indeed. But last Christmas event clearly showed us that a VERY big part of them had only the base game and maybe at most one map DLC (probably the one with their home country; it's the most attractive for anyone of us if available). So, the biggest money income they have isn't so big as some numbers you could find from here and there. And a good part of the investment has to go anyway to the next map DLC, that every year are bigger and better; so, more expensive. That's why they insist more and more as time goes with the "wishlist" on steam; it gives them more info about the level of income they could achieve than the number of players or "social media followers". I'm sure that's one of the reasons it has been no teasing at all with Iberian DLC: it's going to be the biggest and more expensive they have ever done and they need to know how much cost they can sustain with it.

SCS needs to find ways to increase the appealing of people for the map DLC or to find other ways to capitalize all the money and effort made in its biggest asset: the map. Hence the interest to keep doing the Bus/Coach game in the background or probably other projects they could have talked about internally. That map is too costly to use it only in a long-haul truck sim game; it's under-used that way. Soon or later they will be able to release other products relying on it and, when that moment arrives, I guarantee you another of the whines you will read often for sure: "SCS you have abandoned ETS and only thing in those other new games and blahblahblah". It already happened with ATS, I don't need to be a foreseer to know it will happen again.

Regards

kreti

#255 Post by kreti » 23 Jun 2020 20:32

TheTiger wrote:
23 Jun 2020 16:11
I guess... the 1.38 won't show up today.
Testing senior branch was updated 5 hours ago. Can be the OB. I suppose that will be out in a few days, if nothing goes wrong.

TheTiger

#256 Post by TheTiger » 23 Jun 2020 20:37

I think that for sure the OB will show up this week. :D
Image Image

Frayner

#257 Post by Frayner » 23 Jun 2020 23:34

Maybe. I know they don’t usually like to have both the open betas going at the same time, since there both pretty much the same. But maybe with how big this one is, it might come out before ATS is out of beta.
Intel i7 7700K 5 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 2080ti, Valve Index

TheTiger

#258 Post by TheTiger » 24 Jun 2020 07:47

Yea, but is looking like this update doesn't have so much bugs. More of them are textures...
Image Image

Beta_Project

#259 Post by Beta_Project » 24 Jun 2020 11:30

SCS teaser Daf in Instagram?What could it be
I don't speak English very well, and I use Google translator, excuse me :geek:

Yusuf_AzgarWafflez

#260 Post by Yusuf_AzgarWafflez » 24 Jun 2020 11:36

New paintjobs for daf tuning pack?

Return to “General discussion about the game”