ETS2 1.39 Speculation Thread

LincolnCFCruz

Re: ETS2 1.38 Speculation Thread

#41 Post by LincolnCFCruz » 14 May 2020 13:41

Euro truck on Unreal engine = Fortnite Truck Simulator with Travis Scott on the radio and BattleTruckersRoyaleMP, EPIC GAMES LAUNCHER EXCLUSIVE! :lol: :lol: :lol:
But seriously, it would be interesting to see SCS using 3D models from Quixel.
Micho014

#42 Post by Micho014 » 14 May 2020 13:46

I think that in the next update we are going to get some new types of trailers, I would really hope for lowbed trailers, as it is the last type of trailer that got includetd in the Schwartzmuller DLC but can' t be owned yet.
And mabye some new trailers from Krone (I would say a Step-Frame trailer, mainly used in Scandinavia amd for high volume loads).
And if they are going to add this types of trailers we are going to get some new wheels too.
weejohn67

#43 Post by weejohn67 » 14 May 2020 13:52

for me same old wishes,
update UK to include EIRE, update Northern France/Benelux
Cargo from/to relevant destinations, boats and diggers to Stokes/LKW etc not realistic
loads from Steelworks/timber /quarries to relevant building projects (as above)
for Fridge work maybe central Fresh Food/veg/fish Markets in each Country
Loading Fish products from Fishing Ports
major RDC's for companies like ASDA/Tesco/Aldi/Lidl relative to the country

better home depots/garages with a variety of AI trailers/trucks parked

Make the FH2012 the correct height for Trailers
Sorry English is my 1st language , i am just bad at spellin :D

WOT https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/18729
SabR

#44 Post by SabR » 14 May 2020 14:02

piva wrote: 14 May 2020 06:15 SCS will move to Unreal Engine in 1.38 with new Sky's and Atmosphere features in this engine? Or they just update dx11 shaders only :lol: ?
I know you are joking & I'm grateful to SCS that it won't happen. Some of the skyboxes in TSW (Train Sim World) are down right hideous (the cloud ones).
Even though I know it won't happen ever given the minimum requirements of SCS games & customer demographics, deep down I wish for FH4 like skyboxes & lighting but it'd be a wasted effort and not to mention the "interesting" way Forza captures the skies & puts them in their games, SCS won't go that deep.. yet.
N95JPL

#45 Post by N95JPL » 14 May 2020 14:07

In all honesty, as long as the UK gets some much deserved love (it’s been an awfully long time now) - I’m not bothered what else they include for the time being!
The UK looks & feels awful compared to the likes of the Baltic’s/Italy/Germany - so generic & repetitive when driving through.

Some more Flat-Bed loads wouldn’t go a miss either, Along with a Nooteboom style Own-able trailer for things like;
Long railway Crossings/Switches (UK could even include railway access points that lorries drive too!) [Yes Railway engineer by trade but hey my 2 lives can intercept!]
Mobile telephone masts
Portable offices
Etc etc

However, the UK Refresh is much more of a killer to me, as my home country!
N95JPL
GitHub
weejohn67

#46 Post by weejohn67 » 14 May 2020 14:12

@N95JPL would be nice
Sorry English is my 1st language , i am just bad at spellin :D

WOT https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/18729
piva

#47 Post by piva » 14 May 2020 18:21

@@JD6 and @SabR nobody said that SCS must use UE, we all understand that huge models count and other game defines can't be converted to UE at once, but Prism3D is very old engine, of course SCS try to update so that it looking not so bad, but anyway they must to see what to do on other game engines, and to take an ideas and implement it in this game.
SCS don't say what they do and what kind of "graphics improvements" we can wait in next game update. Maybe it will be weather setup with new type of shadows, ambient occlusion or just shaders change for modern dx11 requirements - we don't know and SCS sill silent too. So it is just speculation and our dreams :lol:
Some newbie driver

#48 Post by Some newbie driver » 14 May 2020 20:38

@piva you are wrong, Pavel already said very clearly in what part of the graphics are they working: He said they are working on the illumination.

That means three things:
- They have to check all the textures in the game to be sure they behave as expected with the new illumination engine (probably the ones on last released DLCs are already prepared for it).
- Everything we see in the game will change its looks. EVERYTHING.
- So any mod that adds visual changes into the game will also be affected (prepare for a flood of cries regarding ProMods; when they had to check all its content too)

Because all that we see on a 3D computer generated world through a display is shown as it is because there's a (virtual) source of light that makes it look that way. Change the light and the look will change too; sometimes dramatically.

And they would probably add something else in the update (maybe a proper AA finally). But I thing that's not a small change something that has the potential to modify how the WHOLE game looks; not small at all.

Regards
DanniBee

#49 Post by DanniBee » 14 May 2020 20:46

I hope this means we get properly long shadows at sunrise and sunset.
Some newbie driver

#50 Post by Some newbie driver » 14 May 2020 21:14

IRL light and shadows are the two sides of the same coin; but in a 3D world not. One thing is illumination and another thing the cast of the shadows based on that illumination. They can improve both things, I hope they improve both things; but the quality of the results in light and shadows doesn't have to be the same.

To put an example, the first Mirror's Edge game. It had an astonishing look for the year it was released, specially regarding it's light in every scene and place. But that was accomplished with a cost: all the lights and shadows of the scene were calculated in advance; that game was unable to depict a change in the main light sources, specially the Sun; so neither in the shadows those lights generate. You can stop at a place and let the game run for several hours, and the sun would remain in the same position in the scene.

They added that "dynamic" illumination and shadows on the second part of the game but that has a cost too... even being released several years later, it looked WORSE than the predecessor. Not because they did something specially wrong; it was just because at those times, the dynamic illumination could not compete with the results in overall looks of a pregenerated static calculations. SCS has to find the sweet spot for its games; considering the performance cost and the level of realism they want to achieve.

Regards

Return to “General discussion about the game”