ETS 3 or Renewal ETS 2 Area?

Teppey71

ETS 3 or Renewal ETS 2 Area?

#1 Post by Teppey71 » 14 May 2020 18:35

Hi guys,

I've talked to someone about this topic and I've had the idea for a some years.

Sometimes I think it would be nice if the SCS team focused more on older map areas to renew them before they release a new DLC.
I would even be willing to pay for this as a Renew DLC. Maybe also so that they run both in parallel. 15 euros were paid for the basic game and I would, for example, 5 euros or less more pay for the Renew DLC for what they create. This is naturally the decision of developer, I don't know, how much this must cost that this pays off.

The base game is years old and everybody is willing to buy a new DLC. After all, the creators also have to be paid. So they could concentrate on the essentials "Renew DLC" and it doesn't have to be done on the side.

Well, my think is to push the thought that the main focus would be on the renewal. Hence this idea.

How do you think about this topic?

PS: I think it's a good idea to talk more about this. The more you react to this topic, the clearer it becomes to see whether the buyer/gamer is interested.
Beta tester for ProMods

Teppey71

Re: ETS 3 or Renewal ETS 2 Area?

#2 Post by Teppey71 » 14 May 2020 21:07

I might want to create a survey, but then I have to figure out what kind of question I want to ask. Does somebody has any idea? Write it down.
Beta tester for ProMods

Some newbie driver

#3 Post by Some newbie driver » 14 May 2020 21:20

In fact, what you state is something I've seen discussed several times in the forum. And some of those times, recently. But it's hard to search it with keywords. Go in advance that lot of people will be in disagree with the "renewal paid DLC".

Regards

nodin747

#4 Post by nodin747 » 15 May 2020 21:38

ets3

xXCARL1992Xx

#5 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 15 May 2020 21:43

ETS3 wont happen for the foreseeable future, and even if, why should they ?, if they start to work on ETS3, we would loose at least 50% of the trucks we currently have ingame, if not more and this is not worth it just to get a newer map that will also take time to make

also, a DLC that overwrite existing content will never happen either, 1. SCS isnt so greedy to make people pay twice for the same, and 2. they will definitely not maintain 2 maps
| !!!NO MODDING/BLENDER SUPPORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Video Thread | Youtube Channel | World of Trucks Profil |

Frayner

#6 Post by Frayner » 15 May 2020 22:20

I honestly believe what they are doing right now, with the refresh on the side is good enough. Yeah, it’s going to take a few years for them to finish it, but in the end rushing something like that while making DLC will only end up with a bad product.

It’s a waiting game, but it’s a wait that I’m willing to make.
Intel i7 7700K 5 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 2080ti, Valve Index

Teppey71

#7 Post by Teppey71 » 19 May 2020 08:38

Well, I forgot that it was promised to rebuild ETS2 for free. And I hadn't bothered to look at the forum in the past to see if this topic had already been raised and how it was discussed.

Regardless, I thought I had found a new approach to rebuilding it as a DLC so that SCS could rightly earn their money because the work should eventually be paid for. No one can live on air and love alone. And now it is clear to me that SCS cannot do such a survey itself, considering that unwillingness is not willing to pay for a game again. And I can imagine their reaction if SCS reacted that way. Bad reviews circle faster than good reviews and SCS would degrade their reputation faster.

So I had the idea that if a private, uninvolved person asked this survey, it could be seen from a different perspective.
And I thought I was trying to be naive about it to free my- and ourself from all the rules. In the sense of "Everyone says: It doesn't work. Then someone came who didn't know it and did it!"

It was worth a try. But based on the reactions so far and just 390 times read by people, I see that this topic is of little or no interest.

So I prefer to devote myself to other things.

With that in mind, have fun doing what you do.

Greetings

Teppey71
Beta tester for ProMods

Mikolaev_

#9 Post by Mikolaev_ » 19 May 2020 14:58

Whats about rework older trucks (Volvo, Renault, Iveco & MAN TGX older version)

Bumer

#10 Post by Bumer » 19 May 2020 15:05

Mikolaev_ wrote:
19 May 2020 14:58
Whats about rework older trucks (Volvo, Renault, Iveco & MAN TGX older version)
Forget they will never be updated! :lol:

Return to “General discussion about the game”