FMOD - why implement something that make the trucks sound even worse?

Roadkill

Re: FMOD - why implement something that make the trucks sound even worse?

#21 Post by Roadkill » 08 Jun 2020 03:18

@abasstreppas I'm not experiencing the lack of bass on my system, I do have fiber optic connection to Realtek HD audio with Dolby digital that may be why, not sure. What sound chip and speakers do you have?
---- Rockies Back. This time HE'S at the wheel. Look out stoopid hoomans.
Leen

#22 Post by Leen » 08 Jun 2020 04:47

Well I do experience the lack of bass with v1.37 FMOD sound but with playing Project Cars 2 who has even the FMOD sound system I have enough bass, there is something missing in this sound what was present in 1.36 where the sound realistic sounds.
I try to explain it, I bought a CD from Jimi Hendrix and when I start to play the CD I was something missing in the music the same experience with the Moody Blues, I buy a Pioneer turntable from the 70s and play it on vinyl and guess what the soul was back into the music and it came alive.

After a while I go back to v.136 the sound of the trucks came alive and realistic, for me FMOD is not the sound system yet for this game.
gandalf7472000

#23 Post by gandalf7472000 » 08 Jun 2020 05:42

Using one sound set for exterior and create the interior sounds with a filter won’t cut it. It is very difficult to simulate With a filter the thousand parameters that affect the engine and environment sounds.
Question for those that work with fmod.
Is it possible to have 2 sound sets like before and with the position of the window control the mix? As you lower the window the interior sound fades out and the exterior fades in?
I drive 100% from inside view. If it can’t be done I prefer correct interior sounds even if from outside sounds like crap.
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan
Phantom19

#24 Post by Phantom19 » 08 Jun 2020 06:08

the fmod for me is like no difference rather than dopplers,but fmod made the sound mods highly compressible due to banks,thats an advantage,but the problem is that it takes a lot of time for correct configuration,routing,automations etc it takes skill to learn and make these.
mackintosh

#25 Post by mackintosh » 08 Jun 2020 09:06

Can't have two separate sound sets any more, it's all one set and filters. You can create a very good approximation of interior sound with filters, but for that we need proper occlusion, reverb and echo.
Leen

#26 Post by Leen » 08 Jun 2020 09:55

When you driving under a viaduct on the freeway with windows closed you do not hear the echo sound in game you do and it isn't realistic, cabin sounds are nowadays isolated and more trucks have double glass windshield for sound isolation, so realistic is isolated sounds in cabin.
gandalf7472000

#27 Post by gandalf7472000 » 08 Jun 2020 12:08

I believe that after all the complaining and whining in some many different topics, SCS got the message and working on it harder. If 1.38 comes with only graphics improvement and not with significant corrections to the sound engine, it will be disappointing
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan
Leen

#28 Post by Leen » 08 Jun 2020 13:08

The Trouble is that we complaining about the sound from the early days and till now nothing improved so far
gandalf7472000

#29 Post by gandalf7472000 » 08 Jun 2020 13:46

I was one of the first to complain durring the beta period and early days after the release of 1.37. Now I say, lets wait for 1.38. No matter how match we complain, improvements will not come faster. There is the posibility they are working In a complietly new implementation of fmod and that is why we have nothing new so far

Carl Sagan
xyzan

#30 Post by xyzan » 08 Jun 2020 14:06

I agree that there are to many to severe errors in FMOD implementation. I like some of the trucks, while I don't like another. There are several general issues for all trucks (like, lack of sound when stopping pressing accelerator, spacial sound)... What i do not understand is why they rushed... Who cares about their schedule... They can delay 1.38 by half a year, nobody cares... They do not get money from it, they still can plan to release the same Iberia on 1.36, 1.37 or 1.38... or 1.40 if they need. I would rather wait for 1.37 with FMOD without so many issues even half a year or a year. SCS became bigger and bigger, so someone is pushing for goals, schedules etc. It goes wrong way, I would say.

Return to “General discussion about the game”