ETS2 1.38 Discussion

IvanKuz

Re: ETS2 1.38 Discussion

#461 Post by IvanKuz » 22 Jul 2020 22:30

xXCARL1992Xx wrote:
22 Jul 2020 22:20
there is no meaning behind it, random names choosen for meeting rooms, if there would be any sense behind it dont you think DAF would be more important then the relative no name Ford in Europe ?, also all ATS brands are missing
All the same, even if this has nothing to do with upcoming game content, why would they chose a brand that's not in the game over a brand that is, despite the other 6 being brands from the game?

AnnaKarelia

#462 Post by AnnaKarelia » 22 Jul 2020 22:35

Pardon my ignorance but why would a company have a Discord server in the first place?
Wouldn't they use something a bit more .. professional or something in that region?

xXCARL1992Xx

#463 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 22 Jul 2020 22:36

why should they ?

it is free and a viable solution, alternativ would be Microsoft Teams or whatever that takes your money for miserable service, from what i heard, Discord may be not perfect (tencent) but it does its job
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

Some newbie driver

#464 Post by Some newbie driver » 23 Jul 2020 12:04

Question is that those "more professional" tools are "too professional". The options they give you have not with tools like Discord only have sense in very big (or very de-centralized) companies and cost you a big chunk of money. Those tools are thought for big companies which IT department only want something that works and if it not "I'm paying you, solve it". On a much smaller company that usually work together in a single building (except those on trips); their IT systems department will probably have a more humble budget and lots of things where to spend it more important that a more "pro" video-conference tool.

Discord allows them also to be "where our customers are". SCS players aren't using Teams, or Webex or similar professional tools. They are on Discord (among others) and so to use it internally eases too the moments in which they want to be directly in touch with players.

Regards

JD6

#465 Post by JD6 » 23 Jul 2020 14:24

You should be happy they have a Discord, it feels close to the userbase. All gaming companies have forums/Twitter/FB/IG as well.
Social media is important and that's the fastest way to get to people since everyone is using it. It's not a exec chat room for Activision or EA.

OldVern

#466 Post by OldVern » 23 Jul 2020 17:48

Just found the 1.38 update has gone in.

Somewhat disappointing... Killed off ProMods again. Really not inclined to bother just to have it kicked by the next patch/update in a month or two. Hey ho, we already had the debate about PMs, so won't say any more on the matter.

The sound is still awful. Started off a new profile with the opening mission in a Renault - my Kia Sportage sounds more like a truck than that. Still getting the all or nothing engine sound too. This does not appear to afflict ATS where I'm currently driving a Mack and the sound quality and presentation is excellent.

Handling all over the place, even with the dead zone on my pad configured and sensitivity all the way left there is no progressive feel at all, truck immediately swings left or right.

I used to love ETS2 but this feels like a huge step back to the quality of truck games 10 - 15 years ago.

jyry

#467 Post by jyry » 23 Jul 2020 20:04

Full approval with OldVern:
- The sound is still terrible, not only are the sound qualities terrible, but the volume levels are also completely wrong. Now I've finished driving with the Actros, and after starting the engine just can't be heard at all, when I turn up the sound to hear a little, while driving the sound is terribly loud and unreal again, oh yeah, I think the change in sound was a major mistake, the game lost factor that forms the atmosphere
- Adjusting the steering wheel is fart, I have to use the mod to make the steering a little realistic
- Based on the development of the game over the last year and a half, I think that the SCS philosophy has completely detached from the simulation mode and forms the game as a candy-eye arcade with a focus on players who control the game with keyboard, use an external view to driving and realize rides that last twenty minutes. Apart from the newly added vehicles, the interiors are disgusting, the textures ugly, and when used in a high-resolution cabin view, the indicators are blurred, etc.

In order to continue playing the game, it is difficult for me to dig through the whole game using the mode, and the performance of the game and stability is reduced.
If SCS keeps doing this, unfortunately I'll have to throw this game overboard with great regret.
It's a pity that there is no competition for SCS to produce a game as a simulation without unnecessary nonsense around

Of course, I understand that SCS makes the game its own way, and since there are probably significantly more players who don't want a simulation than I do, the game looks like that. But it would be fair for SCS to name their game truthfully and not refer in the title to a simulation that disappears from the game and will probably disappear completely soon. It could be called, for example, "easy trucker" recommended age category - children 6-10 years, this name and classification would correspond to reality
Last edited by jyry on 23 Jul 2020 20:29, edited 1 time in total.
MAN TGX 2020 v.2my design is free to use, you must use the app from the play store ► ...link hereMercedes Actros MP5

gandalf7472000

#468 Post by gandalf7472000 » 23 Jul 2020 20:13

I find the handling has improved in 1.38, especially in wet conditions. And sound has greatly improved compared to 1.37 with the volumes almost perfect.
Modern European trucks are really quiet idling (personal experience) engine sounds need a little more work but I don’t think that the game is unplayable because off this.
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan

OldVern

#469 Post by OldVern » 23 Jul 2020 20:30

It's not just that the engines are quiet, they continue play at either the inaudible idle sound then jump straight to the full throttle which, at the risk of repeating myself, sounds less like a heavy diesel truck than my 1.6 petrol Sportage.

Just wish there was an option to rollback to 1.36 or earlier, even if it meant losing some DLC. And again repeating myself, why do these problems not seem to affect ATS which is running at the same version and the trucks sound great and handle like the heavy road vehicle they are.

Bandit & The Snowman

#470 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 23 Jul 2020 20:35

You can roll back, it's in the properties of the game in the Steam client. And ATS did go through the same problems, time will help.

Return to “General discussion about the game”