DAF DLC KEY GIVEAWAY

55sixxx

DAF DLC KEY GIVEAWAY

#1 Post by 55sixxx » 09 Jul 2020 15:19

So, when SCS released the Unity edition paintjobs for the DAF and made that treasure hunt to get a free key for the XF Tuning DLC, i did all the steps and got one for myself... but then i felt like i took away the chance of someone that doesn't own the DLC to win it for free.

So i contacted a person that i have on my steam friends list that plays ETS2 but doesn't have the DLC and sent the activation key to her.. but it's been two days that i sent it and she didn't used the key neither said thanks... so instead of giving to someone ungrateful, i chose to give it to someone that's active in the game community and this forum is the best place to do so.

I have read the rules from the forum and haven't found one that forbid what i'm about to do here... so, to anyone that doesn't have the XF Tuning DLC in particular and is also active here on the forum is eligible to get this.

All you have to do is reply to this thread with your steam account link (I'll check your profile to see if you have the DLC on your library or not), complete the lyrics below that i took from a particular song and also say what song it comes from.

Our ******* taller than our *****
There ***** a lady we all ****
Who shines ***** ***** and wants to ****

The first person that get this right wins the key. {PS: I checked to see if the key is still valid and it seems to be, but it's not 100% guarantee tho, i'd say 99.9% sure}
Underscore_101_

Re: DAF DLC KEY GIVEAWAY

#2 Post by Underscore_101_ » 09 Jul 2020 16:49

I know the answer, but I have the DLC

Though at first I thought Pink Floyd, and for some reason Dire Straits came to mind, I know it's neither of those, but it's an awesome piece of music and there's a bar in Utrecht in The Netherlands named after it, just saying that to prove I know it, but I won't share for obvious reasons.
55sixxx

#3 Post by 55sixxx » 09 Jul 2020 16:52

Since it's an older DLC i know a lot of people here on the forum already have it, but i'm hoping for someone that doesn't have it and is also an active member to eventually show up.
Underscore_101_

#4 Post by Underscore_101_ » 09 Jul 2020 17:01

Good luck, hope someone that is really interested in it will get it. and with that i mean, not someone that just got the game, gets bored in a few days,.... and never plays it again.
Must be an older person though, how often is that played on any Popular.fm station :-)
jackalnxt

#5 Post by jackalnxt » 10 Jul 2020 05:44

But what if she activates the key before someone on the forum wins? :shock:
Nemiro
SCS Software

#6 Post by Nemiro » 10 Jul 2020 06:49

This is so good to read that it probably restored a bit of my faith in humanity, haha.

Thank you guys for being so generous and kind to each other that when someone won a key to DLC that already has the first idea is to share it for free with someone else who might love to get that DLC instead of putting it to G2A and other shady websites.

We really do have the #BestCommunityEver!
--- NEMIRO ---

Gamer. Mountains lover. Addicted to freedom. Proud member of the #BestCommunityEver!
55sixxx

#7 Post by 55sixxx » 10 Jul 2020 12:53

@jackalnxt I check her library everyday to see if she activates and if she does, which probably is not going to happen... I'll post it here and let everybody know about it and I'll ask a mod or admin to close this topic for me.
Silver Cap

#8 Post by Silver Cap » 10 Jul 2020 14:57

Following OP's rules, here's my answer ;)

Our shadows taller than our soul
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show

It's Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin :D :D

My Steam profile is Silver-N

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was rather active in playing during the pandemic (I had the game on Steam for almost 5 years already but work made my game times) and checked the blog almost everyday, but made the unlucky decision to deviate from my regular activities on the week that a give-away is due! I was looking forward to buy any tuning pack this Steam sale but the pandemic made my budget really tight (lost my job when my contract expired and no luck with finding a new one yet) so missing out on the event was really unlucky for me. There's no bitterness for anyone who did make it, though, it's well deserved especially if they had fun with it.

So you can imagine my surprise, and delight, upon seeing this post. It felt like a little ray of sunshine amongst the dark clouds. I felt that it's an answered prayer, that someone could be so kind to help another. And for that, OP has my gratitude.

If I am given this DLC key, I hope I can do something for someone as well in return for this kind gesture.
Words I try to live by:

1. Don't count on the obvious, because it can make you overlook the evidence
2. There's no such thing as a sure event
3. Solutions to problems appear through hard work, not magic
55sixxx

#9 Post by 55sixxx » 10 Jul 2020 15:06

@Silver Cap I've sent you the key via PM's
Silver Cap

#10 Post by Silver Cap » 10 Jul 2020 15:18

Thank you! I have received your message.

You have my gratitude always. I am happy to be part of the #BestCommunityEver. Maybe someday I can do something kind for anyone in this community as well
Words I try to live by:

1. Don't count on the obvious, because it can make you overlook the evidence
2. There's no such thing as a sure event
3. Solutions to problems appear through hard work, not magic

Return to “General discussion about the game”