What will ETS2 look like in 3, 8 or 10 years from now on?

JD6

Re: What will ETS2 look like in 3, 8 or 10 years from now on?

#21 Post by JD6 » 22 Jul 2020 15:52

We already get plenty of paid DLC and the game doesn't need to be as stagnant to be good. So not much argument there.
FawnPrince

#22 Post by FawnPrince » 22 Jul 2020 17:13

@JD6 What is that picture? Seeing SCS Software and those two game publishers together induced that peculiar, powerful and deep sense of utter panic incoming doom.
FlyingPigeon

#23 Post by FlyingPigeon » 22 Jul 2020 17:48

Underscore_101_ wrote: 22 Jul 2020 15:06 Why does he deserve cake, all he's writing is nonsense, comes across as what someone old and bitter would say
Uhh sweet.. you get upset because theres no cake for you? Dont worry my friend i Will share it With you too, no need to be unhappy 😉😚
Scandinavian truckdriver.
IonutL

#24 Post by IonutL » 22 Jul 2020 18:14

FawnPrince wrote: 22 Jul 2020 17:13 @JD6 What is that picture? Seeing SCS Software and those two game publishers together induced that peculiar, powerful and deep sense of utter panic incoming doom.
Can i present you my version?

[ external image ]
BooRoK

#26 Post by BooRoK » 22 Jul 2020 19:46

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 22 Jul 2020 15:48 where every truck will be sold as a DLC and we get a "New" game every year or 2 that is just the previous game but reheated, we see it all the time with sports games, or NFS or better yet, Farming Simulator
If it were NFS then it'd be way worse
Cut all the support for game after 4 mere months
see: NFS Heat
IvanKuz

#27 Post by IvanKuz » 22 Jul 2020 23:29

How do I see ETS2 in 10 years?
Just imagine... New map expansions keep coming out at a steady pace, with more mappers being hired to share the load and new tools being developed to make the mapping process easier. The game world now stretches from Iceland and Svalbard all the way to the Urals and Transcaucasia, with expansions to the north of Africa underway. Old areas of the map are completely reworked, up to and including parts of Scandinavia, with many new cities and companies added, and even post-Scandinavia expansions receive a fair share of new roads and towns. The game doesn't cease to be popular and only keeps gaining new players, in part because more and more people find their local areas finally represented in the game, but mainly because the game is constantly tweaked and improved to stay more or less modern, with new features constantly being added to keep the playerbase interested. These include new truck brands, new trailer types, completely revamped economy, multi-drop jobs, driver model customization, blown tires, physical damage, dirt accumulation/truck wash mechanic, walking outside the truck in limited areas, meeting your drivers on the road, passenger coaches DLC, local delivery vans DLC, and many more - and of course, an official multiplayer.

Too good to be true? Well, a man can dream... But let me try a more realistic take:
New map expansions slow down after a while, with more focus being shifted towards ATS instead. Iberia, the rest of the Balkans, Ireland, Belarus and parts of Russia and Ukraine definitely make it into the game, but not much more than that. Maybe we get Iceland and more of Turkey and Fennoscandia, maybe not. Base map and Going East are reworked, as are some parts of newer DLCs, but with little to no new cities. Existing cities are improved, but generally keep the same basic layouts (like the reworked German cities), with only a few getting completely rebuilt (like Paris). There still isn't a single IKA Bohag store in Germany. The game remains fairly popular, but more and more players flock to ATS as it takes over the spotlight over time. Ford trucks are added, maybe Kamaz as well. I can image an existing truck brand getting removed due to some bizarre licensing issues. A variety of new features is added though, but nothing outlandish like driver model customization or delivery vans. Absolutely no physical damage due to licensing issues. An official multiplayer is finally implemented though.
JD6

#28 Post by JD6 » 23 Jul 2020 00:12

@FawnPrince These bigger companies aren't cutting support as @BooRoK would suggest out of nowhere. ETS2 is constantly growing so Take 2 (as example) would support it just as long (see GTAV) as SCS. They'd probably double the DLC amount and make it more online oriented. On the plus side there would be a lot more content to feed the fans.

If you're reading the forums you can see people ask for a lot of new stuff besides the graphical upgrade. A massive company could fund that need.

It could be worse as @IonutL mentioned. :lol: At least Take 2 and UbiSoft are responsible for proper AAA titles.
OldVern

#29 Post by OldVern » 23 Jul 2020 07:28

In 10 years...

We will be on ETS4, which will be the trucking equivalent of FS2020. All of Europe and Scandinavia to 1:1 scale including the parts currently catered for by ProMods. A new graphics engine and plug in to download real weather conditions etc. A fully interactive world including first person movement away from the truck and GTA style missions/careers (minus the violence). we will not just be able to drive trucks, but buses, taxis and the trains too.

I can but dream!!
F4R35

#30 Post by F4R35 » 23 Jul 2020 07:56

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 22 Jul 2020 15:48 where every truck will be sold as a DLC and we get a "New" game every year or 2 that is just the previous game but reheated,
If SCS ever took this route then I'm out, I quit playing most of the games for this reason.
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"

Return to “General discussion about the game”