do we still need promods

hypervoodoo77

Re: do we still need promods

#21 Post by hypervoodoo77 » 29 Sep 2020 07:20

I think it is to each his own of course but...
I have recently stopt using promods and have the base map + euroadnet swedish islands and northmap and to be honest it suits me fine and runs great.
With Iberia I do think playing a vanilla map becomes more attractive.
Personally I like what you see in ATS a lot is improving certain aspects of the map more or less what euroadnet does.

Shiva

#22 Post by Shiva » 30 Sep 2020 12:02

I have one profile with ProMods and RusMap.
And another profile with no mods at all.
At the moment, the modless has more hours driven and played.

And sometimes I have test profiles for a bit larger map combos.
Alexboss1979 wrote:
28 Sep 2020 22:32
I'll never use PM just because I'd read anywhere that cause crash and lacks of compatibility with world of trucks contracts ,events and achievements.
Correct me if is not true. WoT is the core of this game,giving an official recognize to all the hours spent on this wonderful game.
As plykkegaard wrote.
Map mods are mostly not compatible with Worlf of Trucks contracts.
Some routes and cities that have not been touched by map mods should work, but modified/added areas, quite possibly not.

Ah yeah, regarding the question if we still need ProMods?
That's up to the player.
ETS2 works ok without it, but ProMods does improve old areas and add more roads.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

plykkegaard

#23 Post by plykkegaard » 30 Sep 2020 12:59

Shiva wrote:
30 Sep 2020 12:02
... ProMods does improve old areas and add more roads.
PM covers and fairly huge part of Scandivia and the North Atlantic
If you like to travel in the Scandinavian countries PM is a must :D
Office moved to Fort Collins, Colorado

Shiva

#24 Post by Shiva » 01 Oct 2020 09:12

Adds to Ireland too.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

worldisblack

#25 Post by worldisblack » 01 Oct 2020 18:47

I dont really know you guys but i, yes, still need ProMods, specially a person from Adana, i really need next Middle East Add-On update.

I actually never play in ProMods because i easily realise the difference between ProMods from the real game. But when the southern Turkey will finish, and added to ME Add-On, i think im gonna play it a lot. It will not taste the real game, it never tastes like. But on the other hand, its just a game and i wanna play in my hometown area.
Çukurova Logistics TB site: https://trucksbook.eu/company/65722
Çukurova Logistics TMP site: https://truckersmp.com/vtc/9892

ponstan

#26 Post by ponstan » 02 Oct 2020 16:52

Hi Guys
I have an issue with trains on promods and romania extended maps. I have traveled with my car almost all over Europe and nowhere saw trains on the railway crossings, passing for ten and maybe more minutes in a row on both railway lines with traffic, almost like the cars and trucks on national highways. Does this make sense? Maybe something needs to be fixed at this point.Many players may consider it my weirdness, but others will have noticed it too.
Definitely without promods maps, I would have greatly reduced the playing hours.
I'm afraid of what you can do in the name of your God

SlashBeefgnaws

#27 Post by SlashBeefgnaws » 05 Oct 2020 17:31

I added map mods very soon after puchasing the game. I think that was not too long after Scandinavia had been released. By that time, I felt that either PM or TSM were absolutely necessary for me because - well, we know the old vanilla map.
It has already been mentioned that modders can pick their priorities differently from SCS. Nowadays, SCS are slowly improving on the old parts and I like what they have done so far. Driving vanilla is much more fun today! Still, modders are able to lose themselves in ever more intricate detail if they wish to do so.
My mod map profile built around PM is my primary profile. The area around my home town feels more recognizeable on PM; the UK is still more fun to drive around in; map mods add so much more to discover. If you combine them, you're in for some epic trips to spark a sense of adventure which I believe many of us associate with some kind of "golden age of trucking" - if there has ever been such a thing. ;)

Yeah, I'd says that I still "need" PM.

Return to “General discussion about the game”