Which area in ETS2 should be reworked next ?

Which are should be reworked next ??

United Kingdom
19%
BeNeLux
57%
Poland
12%
Hungary
6%
Slovakia
1%
Czech Republic
6%

Total votes: 305

Some newbie driver

Re: Which area should be reworked ?

#21 Post by Some newbie driver » 16 Oct 2020 12:14

They opened a good line of work with the truck dealers indeed. To renew the look of old companies is possible without touching anything else on most cities but they will still be limited to the size and entry point of the current sets (don't expect Posped to become an NHC for example).

What I don't know is the amount of work that it will require. I mean, they just need to do a new depot, replace it on the files and will be put by the game engine in all the locations where it is. Or if they had to manually copy&paste and check everything fit for every instance of the same prefab. People who mod maps would have a way better idea of the work impplied on those changes; but anyways, they seem to me a good way to improve all old maps zones looks with an smaller effort and could be a good work to train new crew members

BTW, talking of crew members, the option you mention @IvanKuz about freelancers isn't a good option for SCS. A freelancer could be an option to made specific isolated 3D models, not to put them all in a game map. The develop of a game map requires to be previously trained on all the tools and processes the company uses to streamline their map creation on the whole mapping team. That takes time to be learned before you even could start to work on mapping anything. Even if one is a successful map modder, he still would need to learn how to work on an SCS team in the way SCS want to do things. It's not the kind of work that can be outsourced at convenience. Remember that Sardinia and Corsica were the result of the training of several new map team members and we had the first teasing images lots of months after they announced they were training them (and the teases several months before the release of the map zones).

Regards
erkinalp

#22 Post by erkinalp » 16 Oct 2020 13:54

Prague, as it misses the SCS Software building, which would enable us distribute virtual copies of ETS2 to various cities.
jackalnxt

#23 Post by jackalnxt » 17 Oct 2020 10:43

While it should be technically possible to just create a new depot to replace the old ones automatically, they will have to manually check each of them regardless, just in case there are some bugs or some weird connections happen.
isaac_mihai

#24 Post by isaac_mihai » 17 Oct 2020 10:58

But why not just change textures of the buildings with better/more high quality ones. That would be enough for me. It is way easier and faster to do than to make new prefabs from scratch and them manually check all of them how they fit.
Vlad (ua)

#25 Post by Vlad (ua) » 21 Oct 2020 10:36

Netherlands/Belgium/Luxembourg and after this go to England, for me it is more logical way but away whole base map except reworked Germany looks awful for 2020.
ETS2 and ATS translator.
Marcello Julio

#26 Post by Marcello Julio » 21 Oct 2020 16:35

For UK, I think that different from Germany, UK deserves a complete rework, including new companies.
Some newbie driver

#27 Post by Some newbie driver » 21 Oct 2020 17:02

UK is the hot potato in the list of the old reworking areas. It will require a lot of work but that means a big investment on it that has to be sustained with a lot of benefit made from something else.
garhead2005

#28 Post by garhead2005 » 21 Oct 2020 17:32

I'd prefer for Uk to be redone properly and I would also want to see Germany ,Switzerland,Austria(most of the base game),Netherlands especially,Belgium and well the interchange in Calais and the Eurotunnel too and also Lyon since its pretty inaccurate in my opinion.Tho when they try to do London(UK) I would completley avoid the central area and add outer London like the A13 Road up to Blackwell Tunnel etc...
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#29 Post by Mohegan13 » 21 Oct 2020 17:38

I voted UK simply because already know it would be the next on the list since they are doing it in age order.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
SimLive

#30 Post by SimLive » 14 Apr 2021 14:43

I voted for Benelux because, there is the biggest port of Europe & the biggest export of Europe!

Also Benelux has nice culture
it fits good for a trip from France to Denmark
RoadNett Developer

Return to “General discussion about the game”