Which area in ETS2 should be reworked next ?

Which are should be reworked next ??

United Kingdom
19%
BeNeLux
57%
Poland
12%
Hungary
6%
Slovakia
1%
Czech Republic
6%

Total votes: 305

oldmanclippy

Re: Which area should be reworked ?

#81 Post by oldmanclippy » 02 Aug 2021 15:39

Right now I don't use roads in the Alps often because of how outdated they are, but if they could put just half of the quality that Colorado has with its mountain roads into the Alps region, then it will become one of the best parts of the ETS2 map. Plus, Austria and Italy border the Western Balkans, so it will be nice to have those revamped before that DLC comes. I think Hungary could even be a better option to revamp before Benelux even, so you could get from western Europe to Romania on well made maps without going through a corridor in Slovenia. But Benelux is part of the base map so it will probably be revamped first. Plus a revamped Amsterdam and Brussels is really exciting.

Northern Poland probably would have been the smartest idea though, to allow a corridor from revamped Germany to BtBS to HoR. But base map should probably take priority at the moment.

The poll should probably be reset to UK, Benelux, Czechia, and Going East. If SCS says that Switzerland and Northern Italy aren't part of this rebuild, then put those in the poll as well unless SCS says "the rest of the Alps will follow Austria".
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Reignman

#82 Post by Reignman » 06 Aug 2021 01:37

I just started playing ETS2 after a million miles over on ATS (that's 1,609,334 km for those of you using units that make sense lol), so I'm really not sure which areas are most in need of a rework yet, but the one thing I have noticed is a lot of the textures seem incredibly outdated in a lot of places, like the eAcres farms for example or San Builders. That was my first impression. It's like taking a trip back to 18WoS sometimes. So I'm wondering how difficult it would be to just update the textures first, as a quick temporary thing, then do a more detailed rework of older areas? Can't they just replace older image files with higher resolution versions? The greens and yellows of the vegetation need to be toned down a bit too, so they look more natural.
dahaka

#83 Post by dahaka » 07 Aug 2021 09:17

No street view is no excuse. SCS can easily take a buncha cameras and take a little trip through Austria and Germany. I'm a simple trucker, and I frequently travel from Budapest to Munchen to have a coffee with my friend who lives there. If I can do it then a multi-million company can do it too.

Also, draw distance shouldn't be a concern when deciding which place to rework. We got pretty nice mountain roads in ATS, and Iberia also looks satisfactory. Could it be better? Yes, drawing distance could be improved, but they can make the mountains now and improve the drawing distance later.

Just my opinion of course.
oldmanclippy

#84 Post by oldmanclippy » 09 Aug 2021 14:26

Austria is allowing vaccinated people from Czechia to enter the country without quarantining, so there's nothing stopping SCS from going there for research as far as I can tell.

https://www.austria.org/current-travel-information
https://ris.bka.gv.at/NormDokument.wxe? ... r=20011574
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
cliff60

#85 Post by cliff60 » 09 Aug 2021 15:35

UK as its even older than Germany. its from UK trucking sim thats even older than ETS let alone ETS2. Germany was revamed for ETS 2 UK wasnt.

UK is the only part of the map that has never been revamped.
xXCARL1992Xx

#86 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 09 Aug 2021 15:38

Germany is from GTS wich is OLDER then UK from UKTS (not much i think a month or two) and both maps were taken 1:1 from the games, there was no revamp of Germany for ETS2 other then adding roads to connect to France, Switzerland and Poland
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
dahaka

#87 Post by dahaka » 21 Aug 2021 15:58

Yes the UK is the oldest, and yes a lot of british players would love it rebuilt next, but it's not a logical step to make. It's not a transit country, only a destination country. Players drive through BENELUX and Austria/Switzerland all the time. UK, not so much. It should come last, after the transit countries are reworked.
AlexxxF1

#88 Post by AlexxxF1 » 22 Aug 2021 05:01

I agree. no matter how oldest UK is. it's big.
reworking it will take as much time as Germany. 3-4 years.

it is most logical to make small areas first, which can be done in one year. like
Austria - Switzerland
Czech Republic - western edge of Poland
BeNeLux
moreover, they are the most visited on the basemap.

and the situation with UK is not so bad , it is reworked in Promods and even added Scotland and Ireland there.

and I still believe that it would be better for UK , as well as for Poland, to create new DLC for them -
it's better than rework reskin -
for us this is more details, more elaboration, more roads, cities.
for SCS this is new money.
all only win

old territories UK Poland Slovakia Hungary are permanently removed. and sell the new DLC Going East at a discount, for those who have already bought the old. for UK Irland DLC full price.
guilhem1

#89 Post by guilhem1 » 22 Aug 2021 10:46

I would so much like that scs would make a partnership with promods in order to export the uk part of promods on the official scs maps ...
I know i dream, on top of that promods would lose a major asset in their mods and so i don't see why promods would accept.

For the dlc which will replace the base map, it would be unbelievable to have all the base maps with dlc quality but I'm not really in favor this would make everything complicated for example for the official multiplayer and truckersmp.
Rocha

#90 Post by Rocha » 23 Aug 2021 11:07

I think Germany with Austria should be reworked and added Switzerland.

Return to “General discussion about the game”