Which area in ETS2 should be reworked next ?

Which are should be reworked next ??

United Kingdom
19%
BeNeLux
57%
Poland
12%
Hungary
6%
Slovakia
1%
Czech Republic
6%

Total votes: 306

Some newbie driver

Re: Which area should be reworked ?

#131 Post by Some newbie driver » 10 Sep 2021 17:17

You don't need to counterpart me, I was just remembering what was said (with greater detail I can remember) somebody that has to suffer those roads (and their traffic jams) frequently. I even would prefer what you propose (i was advocating for those kind of changes when that person explained his experience).

We agree that whatever, the reskin would be welcome. I didn't deny that; I just pointed that it seems there's reasons the layout of the city is as it is and could remain so. I tried to search the message but was a lot of months ago and I don't remember even who was talking about it.

Regards
dahaka

#132 Post by dahaka » 11 Sep 2021 12:19

Except Lyon is completely innacurate, for a trucking game as it is right now. Trucks are not allowed through the tunnel that runs under the city, at least not in transit. Only trucks delivering within the city of Lyon are allowed through that road and the tunnel. Also, ADR is banned from the tunnel completely, one driver who I was working with in the past drove there with ADR and got a 9000 euro fine for it. Payed it out of his pocket too. Lyon has a Ringroad, which is used by all trucks that drive past the city.

It shouldn't be hard to implement. The situation in Lyon right now is at least as unrealistic as those old road pieces they are replacing in the reworks. So hopefully they'll include the ringroad.
Jatruck

#133 Post by Jatruck » 11 Sep 2021 13:21

So that is the reason Lyon has not been rebuilt. Too much work ... :lol:
oldmanclippy

#134 Post by oldmanclippy » 14 Sep 2021 15:07

Speak of the devil! The Lyon rebuild looks fantastic. I really like how SCS has been focusing on adding soccer stadiums in the reworks lately. Makes things feel more alive when you can see where the people in this 1:19 world go to have fun :)
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Jatruck

#135 Post by Jatruck » 14 Sep 2021 15:16

The "much work" was in progress ... :D ;)

Maybe for 1.42 we'll have Lyon finally.
oldmanclippy

#136 Post by oldmanclippy » 14 Sep 2021 15:23

Oh certainly it will come in 1.42. It looks pretty much done already. I especially like pic #1 with the Musee des Confluences. Looks like an actual proper city with density.
55sixxx

#137 Post by 55sixxx » 14 Sep 2021 15:28

Finally we're getting Lyon's rework... I always go through that area when going from northern Germany to Iberia and the quality difference is overwhelming. The rework looks really good.
IvanKuz

#138 Post by IvanKuz » 14 Sep 2021 17:23

Some newbie driver wrote: 10 Sep 2021 13:41There's nothing that would be reworked in Lyon that could be necessary or relevant to Iberia. Somebody already explained that very well with extra images and details time ago in the Iberian thread: Lyon as it's in the game is IRL regarding it main roads. They have those main roads that literally enter till the center of the city and become a bottleneck. There are some ring roads in there but, if I recall correctly what he said; either they are not complete or the detour is too big to be a good alternative for the trafficc going through the city; just for the traffic of the own urban zone of Lyon for internal commutes.

Considering accurate what he explained us, the rework of Lyon, when it arrives, is going to be mostly cosmetic and luckily bringing to the game also the Renault Trucks factory. But we will have to suffer exactly what they suffer IRL: traffic bottlenecks and slowness That's what we can expect.
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet :lol:
Some newbie driver

#139 Post by Some newbie driver » 14 Sep 2021 17:32

Finally, my masterwork evil plan succeeded! :twisted:

I found SCS weak point: Just publicly insist saying you expect from them exactly the opposite you really want to happen! I'm a genius. :P
oldmanclippy

#140 Post by oldmanclippy » 14 Sep 2021 23:52

Some newbie driver wrote: 14 Sep 2021 17:32 Finally, my masterwork evil plan succeeded! :twisted:

I found SCS weak point: Just publicly insist saying you expect from them exactly the opposite you really want to happen! I'm a genius. :P
There's no possible way that SCS could include the Pyrenees, Cody, US-14, rigids, seasons, the moon, a higher speed limiter in WoT for ATS, multi-drops, drivable buses, VTC's, or Liechtenstein.
;) ;) ;)

Return to “General discussion about the game”