Which area in ETS2 should be reworked next ?

Which are should be reworked next ??

United Kingdom
19%
BeNeLux
58%
Poland
11%
Hungary
5%
Slovakia
1%
Czech Republic
5%

Total votes: 274

Thibault078

Re: Which area should be reworked ?

#121 Post by Thibault078 » 09 Sep 2021 14:04

British islands need a rework, missing Ireland too
55sixxx

#122 Post by 55sixxx » 09 Sep 2021 14:33

oldmanclippy wrote: 09 Sep 2021 14:02 I love Scandinavia, but in many ways it is closer to the base map quality than it is to Vive la France, which is why I categorize it as too out of date. The challenge of the roads is unmatched so gameplay wise it is superb, but visually it has fallen behind.
I love driving there as well and tbh i still think the quality is decent for today's standards. The major part of the roads (Not cities tho) are still better looking than a few you can find in Vive La France and Italy. But i agree that it needs a rework as well.

Plus, i think it's possible that SCS is teasing only the first part of the rework, which is Austria, and the second part still is being silently worked on (Switzerland). I would be fine waiting three to five major updates just so we could have both Austria and Switzerland rework being released together.... But since they're way smaller than Germany it's possible that it could take way less time.

Once SCS confirms the rework of Austria, I'll reset the poll.
oldmanclippy

#123 Post by oldmanclippy » 09 Sep 2021 14:42

55sixxx wrote: 09 Sep 2021 14:33
oldmanclippy wrote: 09 Sep 2021 14:02 I love Scandinavia, but in many ways it is closer to the base map quality than it is to Vive la France, which is why I categorize it as too out of date. The challenge of the roads is unmatched so gameplay wise it is superb, but visually it has fallen behind.
Plus, i think it's possible that SCS is teasing only the first part of the rework, which is Austria, and the second part still is being silently worked on (Switzerland). I would be fine waiting three to five major updates just so we could have both Austria and Switzerland rework being released together.... But since they're way smaller than Germany it's possible that it could take way less time.

Once SCS confirms the rework of Austria, I'll reset the poll.
I agree wait to reset the poll till we have confirmation. No point in doing so now when it could be based on incomplete info.

I think Austria could be either 1 or 2 updates. 1 if less time was spent on the mountain roads, 2 if a lot of effort was put into them. Switzerland I think can get knocked out in one update either way. So 2-3 updates to get Austria + Switzerland reworked, IMO. My prediction is that 1.42 will be Austria pt 1, 1.43 will bring Austria pt 2, and 1.44 will bring Switzerland. But if the next Austria blog we get shows mountain roads, i.e. central or western Austria, then I think that would mean that Austria is coming all in one update. It all depends on how many new roads are added, how much work is put into striving for Colorado-like quality in terms of mountain models and elevation, and how many people they have on the project. It could be 2 updates to get both countries, or it could be 4 or 5. We will have to see. But the way Pavel was discussing the importance of reworks during the Wyoming stream in terms of making a good first impression on new players and getting them to invest in map DLCs, I would like to think that the reworks have gotten more priority within SCS and that they will come much faster than the Germany reworks did.

I love love love the California reworks so far, but it would be a shame if ETS2 didn't receive the same treatment. The potential for the Alps to be one of the best areas in either game is too high to pass up. Make the base map breathtaking, and sales for the 2023 DLC, Heart of Russia, Iberia, RttBS, etc will follow.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Some newbie driver

#124 Post by Some newbie driver » 09 Sep 2021 20:56

Given the size of the zone, it will be 1 update for both places. Germany is a HUGE country compared with those two ones and was done in 3 steps (4 if we count an hypothetical future cities?)

Nod don't expect new roads to be added, not at all. It's still a rework (it can't even be compared with ATS reworks on base map, that was a mess due the 1:35 to 1:20 rescaling)

Regards
angrybirdseller

#125 Post by angrybirdseller » 09 Sep 2021 21:45

Think re-works will be big priority for ETS2 as Russia will spawn multiple regional DLC. Switzerland rework take two or more updates getting mountain roads to ATS quality will be more difficult for ETS2 team as they are not accustomed working on terrain like that.

Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg these areas could be better with newer assets and redesigned roads.

Poland another Iberia as highway network is rather denser in real life than when ETS2 started in 2012.

Reworks it's likely new roads could be added if there room is available to bypass some cities.

ETS2 is alot more reworking than ATS

Honestly, those mappers will be reworking both ATS and ETS2 for years.
Last edited by angrybirdseller on 09 Sep 2021 22:01, edited 2 times in total.
oldmanclippy

#126 Post by oldmanclippy » 09 Sep 2021 21:51

Some newbie driver wrote: 09 Sep 2021 20:56 Given the size of the zone, it will be 1 update for both places. Germany is a HUGE country compared with those two ones and was done in 3 steps (4 if we count an hypothetical future cities?)

Nod don't expect new roads to be added, not at all. It's still a rework (it can't even be compared with ATS reworks on base map, that was a mess due the 1:35 to 1:20 rescaling)

Regards
Austria and Switzerland are far far more challenging to map than Germany though, so don't underestimate them. Also, Germany got a few new roads, so it's possible that we get one or two new ones in Austria/Switzerland as well.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
IvanKuz

#127 Post by IvanKuz » 09 Sep 2021 22:24

Ideally, Austria needs a completed A10 between Salzburg and Klagenfurt. It's going to be crucial for when Western Balkans eventually come.

But, you know, so was rebuilding Lyon for Iberia, and SCS left it as the only unreworked French city before releasing Iberia :lol:
angrybirdseller

#128 Post by angrybirdseller » 10 Sep 2021 04:24

Be nice to bypass Lyon as already stopping enough to pay tolls lol. Austria good bye suicide ramps which is good. 👍
Some newbie driver

#129 Post by Some newbie driver » 10 Sep 2021 13:41

IvanKuz wrote: 09 Sep 2021 22:24But, you know, so was rebuilding Lyon for Iberia, and SCS left it as the only unreworked French city before releasing Iberia :lol:
There's nothing that would be reworked in Lyon that could be necessary or relevant to Iberia. Somebody already explained that very well with extra images and details time ago in the Iberian thread: Lyon as it's in the game is IRL regarding it main roads. They have those main roads that literally enter till the center of the city and become a bottleneck. There are some ring roads in there but, if I recall correctly what he said; either they are not complete or the detour is too big to be a good alternative for the trafficc going through the city; just for the traffic of the own urban zone of Lyon for internal commutes.

Considering accurate what he explained us, the rework of Lyon, when it arrives, is going to be mostly cosmetic and luckily bringing to the game also the Renault Trucks factory. But we will have to suffer exactly what they suffer IRL: traffic bottlenecks and slowness That's what we can expect.

Regards
IvanKuz

#130 Post by IvanKuz » 10 Sep 2021 15:20

Counterpoint:

[ external image ]

This already makes 50% of long trips to Iberia easier. And if instead of turning it into a small road you continue the bypass further north, you can have the complete E15 around Lyon. Even if slightly longer, it would make the drive more convenient since you would never have to leave the freeway.

Also, even if no bypass is built at all, driving to Iberia through a reskinned Lyon with new textures would still have been better than driving through the current outdated Lyon.

Return to “General discussion about the game”