Which area in ETS2 should be reworked next ?

Which are should be reworked next ??

United Kingdom
19%
BeNeLux
57%
Poland
12%
Hungary
6%
Slovakia
1%
Czech Republic
6%

Total votes: 307

jackalnxt

Re: Which area should be reworked ?

#41 Post by jackalnxt » 21 Apr 2021 06:02

There are literally no other options for the next DLC. It will either be Ireland or Greece + Yugoslavia or Aegean. I know North Scandinavia is a fan favorite but adding it before Greece and Ireland might be seen as disrespectful by some.
Jatruck

#42 Post by Jatruck » 21 Apr 2021 07:33

Thanks @Marcello Julio

I hope Austria-Switzerland are the following because it's a very beautiful area and ETS2 needs some good mountain roads. Norway is the only at the moment and it's quite old too, although not as old as the base map.
killingjoke28336

#43 Post by killingjoke28336 » 21 Apr 2021 09:37

I voted Austria/Swiss. For me that makes the most sense as it would close the gap between the rebuilt Germany and Italy DLC.
guilhem1

#44 Post by guilhem1 » 21 Apr 2021 10:28

Komen wrote: 21 Apr 2021 02:30 Also in Southern Germany there is signs pointing out to inaccessible cities in Switzerland and Austria eg Basel (Switzerland) and also Bregenz in Austria. Which may be a possible indication of reworks to be conducted in that area next but not sure if those cities will be included in the rework.
I also saw the sign for the city of Füssen in germany which is right next to the austrian border
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#45 Post by Mohegan13 » 21 Apr 2021 17:56

Marcello Julio wrote: 20 Apr 2021 21:40 Possibly Austria, because of this _at termination.
What if they are doing both.

It actually makes sense if you think about it. We already know that the UK is going to be done in 1 bulk update, which means we as players aren't going to see it for 3-4 years at best.

So what if they take the Germany rework team, let's say there was 4 people on it. 1 Person is put on the UK to work on it in the background, much like what happened with Texas. While the the other 3 work on other areas starting with Austria and then maybe even Switzerland, Belgium, and Luxembourg. The latter ones are so small it should be fast to do them. Then once the UK is in a phase where they might be able to complete it in a year the remaining team joins the individual for that last push to get it across the finish line.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
oldmanclippy

#46 Post by oldmanclippy » 21 Apr 2021 19:55

I've thought more about this recently and I have to say I'm stumped on what my opinion is on this. On one hand, it makes sense for them to tackle Austria and Switzerland next (even without the _at discoveries), since that would lay the groundwork for connecting RttBS and later the Western Balkans to the rest of the newer parts of the map. On the other hand, I think northern Poland being redone would really make Heart of Russia more enjoyable so that we don't have to use and abuse Travemunde to avoid going through older areas to get there like we do now with BtBS. On the other hand, Benelux has a lot of fantastic potential I think to be one of the premier areas of the map with a proper rework, and it's comparatively small so would go faster for the mappers. I still am of the opinion that they should delay reworking the UK for as long as possible because a) it doesn't need to come until right before Ireland, b) it deserves all the mapping improvements and innovations that SCS can muster for it so delaying it longer will result in a better rework, and c) it's out of the way enough where it's completely avoidable, and that's why Germany was done first: because it is unavoidable to travel through Germany to get to BtBS and Scandinavia if you want to avoid other older areas of the map. Priority should be given to areas that cause the most inconvenience to drive through them in their current state. With that in mind, Austria, Switzerland, and Benelux should have the highest priority, because like I said earlier we can keep using Travemunde to avoid northern Poland for now (but not indefinitely!). Benelux will be far easier from a technical and volume of work standpoint, so I'm a bit surprised that the evidence points towards Austria being first. But on the positive side, we'll get some good mountain roads in ETS2 which it is sorely lacking compared to ATS. California and Austria are gonna make for some fantastic reworks.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Marcello Julio

#47 Post by Marcello Julio » 22 Apr 2021 01:00

@Mohegan13 If Austria is really the next country to be rebuilt, it makes sense because of the fact that she was on the German Truck Simulator together with Germany. And Austria is not big compared to Germany, I believe that her rework should come at once without division, as was the case in Germany.
Dr. Delerious

#48 Post by Dr. Delerious » 22 Apr 2021 02:20

I always thought the best way to get these reworks done is to focus on one country at a time, that way they can get those done faster and then assign the devs to the next country and so forth.
jackalnxt

#49 Post by jackalnxt » 22 Apr 2021 05:54

guilhem1 wrote: 21 Apr 2021 10:28 I also saw the sign for the city of Füssen in germany which is right next to the austrian border
That is actually a trend I've noticed with RttBS. Instead of pointing to the neighboring country, you put a sign with the border town. They've done this with Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria.
Some newbie driver

#50 Post by Some newbie driver » 22 Apr 2021 09:13

It's not a trend, it's depicting reality as it should.

It has been a lot of years that EU requested in a directive that their members don't use names of countries in the road signage when that signage is near the borders. So, nothing about "France" signaling directions in Spanish roads going to the north border, for example. You could find "Perpignan", "Montpellier" or similar. WhiIe way more to the south there could be a generic "France" signal pointing direction North.

Of course, that's not 100% mandatory neither all signals previous of that directive had been changed everywhere in the EU; so there exist still a mix in lots of places.

Return to “General discussion about the game”