Which area in ETS2 should be reworked next ?

Which are should be reworked next ??

United Kingdom
19%
BeNeLux
57%
Poland
12%
Hungary
6%
Slovakia
1%
Czech Republic
6%

Total votes: 305

Some newbie driver

Re: Which area should be reworked ?

#11 Post by Some newbie driver » 13 Oct 2020 12:52

Finished Europe?

That could require from 7 to 10 more years depending on where you wanna put the Europe limits

I don't think nobody wants to wait till then for the reworks ;)
leo.arevalo12ss

#12 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 14 Oct 2020 01:46

The uk should be reworked because it's been the same for who knows how long and they can add some new cities although it's not likely but the UK needs to be reworked
Take it with a grain of salt nothing is 100% sure
angrybirdseller

#13 Post by angrybirdseller » 14 Oct 2020 08:48

Germany then UK
Brian Benton

#14 Post by Brian Benton » 14 Oct 2020 17:23

I cannot say for sure in what order it is better to process the above territories. Each one is important because it links quality DLCs to one another. Traveling between the new Germany and Romania, for example, is torture for me and I once again use teleportation through the console, so as not to see all this prehistoric nightmare. In any case, the processing of even the unfortunate tiny third piece of Germany, we will wait with you for several more decades. I see no problem releasing paid DLCs that would update the standard territories. Those who don't care will continue to ride in territories from 2010-2012, and those who vomit when looking at the standard map will happily acquire quality content. And such people, it seems to me, will be the majority. Let the quality be at the level of the updated Germany and the price is two times lower than for standard DLC, but I think that such an option would suit both the developers thanks to the income with less labor costs, and the fans who hate the old map.
dahaka

#15 Post by dahaka » 15 Oct 2020 03:45

Or, they can start a fundraiser, and I'm sure hardcore fans like me will be happy to donate. That way those who don't want to pay won't, and SCS gets the money they need, and us players get the old map parts reworked, and everyone goes home happy.
Some newbie driver

#16 Post by Some newbie driver » 15 Oct 2020 09:00

Fundraising on a well established company don't use to be perceived with good eyes by customers. And even if not, isn't a good idea at all even if we could get what we want.

You all have to understand that, as any company, SCS should be economically sustainable if they want to have a future. Reworking old map areas is essentially SCS investing part of their benefit into improving their product. But that investment is limited by the benefits SCS have and all the other investments they do (all the new updates, with its features, its new trucks, trailers...). All what we have for free comes from that same shared pool of money that it's limited and neither can't be completely depleted (if they aren't going to made any benefit they would rather close the company before keeping acting as a NPO).

Let's suppose they raise funds for the rework of UK for example and that by absolute miracle no customer complains about the several things that people would really complain hard about it... Then what? All the people hired for that rework would be fired once it's done? They had to be trained first to be able to work on maping for SCS you know? And all that training would be wasted investment in staff members if they had to fire them not so much later. Or should they do another fundraising action the next year to rework another map zone? And keep repeating that one year after another. Work of people depending on our humor and willingness to keep donating money? That's not how a serious company is keep working for years. You have to learn you can't have everything you want now and you should think about those things each time you demand more updates with more content added for free. Because nothing is free, money has to come from somewhere more predictable than "customer's charity" to keep the company working.

Regards
IvanKuz

#17 Post by IvanKuz » 16 Oct 2020 00:59

People can be hired on a freelance basis for just a specific task instead of being permanent employees though. And it is not uncommon for game developers to hire modders from their fan community, which means there is less training to do, and the ETS2 community has its fair share of talented mappers.

All that being said, yes, the idea of a well established company doing a fundraiser to complete a side project does indeed sound ridiculous. Still, I'd support this option if it was available. I'm just sad that under the current system SCS can only afford to rework a small piece of the map at a time - and even then it's not really on par with the latest DLCs, because, despite new textures and scenery, city layouts and old companies mostly remain unchanged - and any hypothetical alternatives, such as this or map reworks being paid DLCs, are shunned because of bad optics.
mambanoir

#18 Post by mambanoir » 16 Oct 2020 01:17

No chance Britain will get a rework before anyone knows what the post-Brexit infrastructure will look like IRL at Dover and Plymouth. Otherwise they'd have to doctor around the map several times to catch up.
And if they want to include Ireland (or prepare the map for an Ireland DLC, ie extend the road network to Holyhead and Stranraer) they'd have to wait for even more real-life changes to port/border infrastructure.
Benelux or Austria/Switzerland are likely first for practical reasons.
55sixxx

#19 Post by 55sixxx » 16 Oct 2020 01:18

In my opinion some companies should get reworked. Some examples are: NBFC, WGCC, ITCC, Posped, Euro Goodies... And those plain rectangular depots like Stokes, Transinet, LKW, TradeAux and etc. (Basically all that came with the base map)

Many of them were present in the first ETS and they are really showing their age. Especially when compared to new companies from newer DLC's... even Scandinavia that released back in 2015 has better prefabs compared to many that can be found in the base game.

That's one thing that would be vital if SCS's goal is to bring a reworked area to the current quality standards.

Take the new Calais re-skin as an example, it's looking great but the old company prefabs really compromises the overall look of the city. If they were new too, it would bring a totally different feeling to Calais.
IvanKuz

#20 Post by IvanKuz » 16 Oct 2020 01:45

Oh yeah. To me, the the worst offender is the SellPlan/Kaarfor prefab, with a low-quality logo on the side and a stone wall that looks completely out of place more often than not. The truck dealer prefabs were revamped earlier this year, so hopefully the base game company depots are on the planned list as well.

Return to “General discussion about the game”