Which area in ETS2 should be reworked next ?

Which are should be reworked next ??

United Kingdom
19%
BeNeLux
57%
Poland
12%
Hungary
6%
Slovakia
1%
Czech Republic
6%

Total votes: 307

SimLive

Re: Which area should be reworked ?

#61 Post by SimLive » 23 Apr 2021 17:00

maybe i change my mind for Austria/Swiss

Enjoy the snowy mountains and cultural buildings there
RoadNett Developer
oldmanclippy

#62 Post by oldmanclippy » 24 Jun 2021 13:36

I have also changed my mind to Austria and Switzerland, adding Northern Italy since I don't count that as being reworked (the cities are mostly OK but the scenery in between them needs work). This makes the most sense because:

A completed Alps region would pave the way to the Western Balkans DLC. Currently you would have to drive through RttBS if you wanted to enter the Western Balkans from a newly mapped region. The other borders are very old and outdated. With Switzerland, Austria, and Northern Italy reworked, you can get from Portugal, Spain, France, Germany, Scandinavia, BtBS (with ferries), and RttBS (i.e. all the well mapped areas) to the Western Balkans without having to go through an older base map or Going East area. This would be a huge boon to the usability of ETS2's map.

This region is very very scenic and very very marketable. The whole point of reworking the base map isn't really to do what I described in the previous paragraph, it's so that when someone buys the ETS2 base map, they see evidence of stellar mapping right before their eyes and are more likely to want more and buy later DLC's. So if the mountainous south of Europe is rendered in modern SCS quality, then base map owners will be much more excited about buying HoR, Iberia, RttBS, etc because they've seen the quality that SCS can put out firsthand. So Switzerland, Austria, and Northern Italy are the regions that are most likely to elicit that response in players IMO, with a reworked UK coming in second probably.

Yes, Benelux would be faster mapping and also improve France -> Germany travel, but strategically for SCS I think southern Europe makes more sense as a rework target. Better to do it now before the Western Balkans than after it, if it comes in late 2022 or early 2023. I am guessing the rework team has been hard at work since Germany was finished, so I imagine that we will get the next rework update with 1.42 or whatever the update is later this year. The UK can be pushed off as late as possible since it's the easiest to avoid, and there's no point in doing it until Ireland is planned anyways. Czechia + Going East can wait, but ideally they get done before Belarus/Ukraine/Moldova come (which could be late 2023 or early 2024 maybe).
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
phylip25

#63 Post by phylip25 » 27 Jun 2021 20:28

After the UK gets reworked (I voted for UK) I like to see the Alpine states/countries get a major rework. I like to see the improvement on the mountains in par with the ATS's Colorado DLC. The Alps needs a Colorado treatment of mountains.
MG Mike

#64 Post by MG Mike » 04 Jul 2021 21:42

Hi.
If asking me I also would say Austria and Switzerland should be next.
Especially the Alpine mountanregion could really use a refreshment. There are so beautyfull Mountains in the upcoming Vyoming DLC for ATS similar to the Alps with snow on top.. Those should also be in Ets2.. And please SCS increase the sight field. I hate it if mountains are building themselves up in front of you..

And maybe add some small cities in Swiss. Or some Alpine villages where to deliver some goods to a hotel or so...
Also nice would be to have some mountain pass routes as a alternative to the main roads. For example Gotthart tunnel.. Rebuild and refresh this area.. And build the Gotthart Pass road.. Und make it as an random event that the tunnel is closed due to an accident or constructions.

Also it could be a nice thing to have some radio broadcasts from SCS with some licensed music and if there comes a random event up to the driver make a traffic newsflash for it.. Like ".. And here is Radio Swiss again.. trafficjam at A2 caused by an accident in the tunnel.. Please use detour via near pass road,..,"
Just as an example.. Could be a funny thing. And since you have multi lingual Navi voyces it could also be multilingual broadcasts to choose from.

And as next, well Benelux states, great Britain and the whole going east DLC needs a refreshment.. Scandinavia and France are also older by now but are still in good shape compared to basemap and going east.
EuRoadNet
Senior Tester and assistant Mapper
Trucker Nik

#65 Post by Trucker Nik » 05 Jul 2021 14:32

I would like them to rework the UK, (I voted for it) looks the worst with the whole base map
Sametbey2

#66 Post by Sametbey2 » 06 Jul 2021 06:26

Next up is the Austrian renewal. SISL said it in a live stream. He even said he was half done. :) I hope he's not wrong.
Some newbie driver

#67 Post by Some newbie driver » 06 Jul 2021 06:44

If after Russia comes Western Balkans, then to rework around Austria is the best decision. If not, the best would be to let that rework to be done as late as possible because the very big problem in that part is the current drawing distance in the engine an that has not been (still) changed. So it doesn't matter how appealing could look a rework there, the mountains will keep "popping" up.

I wonder if the hurtful lack of roads through Pyrenees was about the same reason. If they preferred to wait until they could change the part of the engine that cause problems when trying to make those mountainous zones more realistic. So they don't have to bear the complains of people about it if released already (well, there had been the complains about its lack) neither to do double work later to fix it.

Regards
JolliciousJosh

#68 Post by JolliciousJosh » 06 Jul 2021 08:52

Not just Austria but the entire Alpine states (which includes Switzerland), so I bet the Alps as the next rework after Germany, as the sign of introducing the Western Balkans DLC. While remaining parts of base Italy (which contains Venice, Verona and Turin) will follow.
Even if Germany completed a series of rework, some are missing, especially landmarks, such as Frankfurt Airport (at the side of Route 3 Eastbound, where an airline logistics company to be located at.
The second priority to rework is the Benelux, in which Liege will have another airline logistic company located at the airport, at the side of A15 Westbound. Antwerp, Ghent (B) and Eindhoven (NL) will be added as new cities in the base game, once rework has been made with the addition of DAF Factory and HQ in Eindhoven. Two expressways in Belgium, A10 and A18, linking Ghent and Calais (F) from Brussels, should be added into the game.
guilhem1

#69 Post by guilhem1 » 06 Jul 2021 10:00

Sametbey2 wrote: 06 Jul 2021 06:26 Next up is the Austrian renewal. SISL said it in a live stream. He even said he was half done. :) I hope he's not wrong.
to have finished the rebuilding in one go, moreover without having announced anything is strange but I hope that it is the truth.
for germany, he had rebuilt the city center first in the first update
oldmanclippy

#70 Post by oldmanclippy » 06 Jul 2021 17:42

@Sametbey2 that's great news, especially now that we've got those wonderful Teton models, it shows that SCS is ready to tackle the Alps more properly.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri

Return to “General discussion about the game”