Which area in ETS2 should be reworked next ?

Which are should be reworked next ??

United Kingdom
19%
BeNeLux
57%
Poland
12%
Hungary
6%
Slovakia
1%
Czech Republic
6%

Total votes: 305

Aziz

Re: Which area should be reworked ?

#191 Post by Aziz » 01 Nov 2021 10:38

Some newbie driver wrote: 31 Oct 2021 16:37 But then, they sell Iberia the same price than any previous DLC in past 4years or more; despite the inflation and that Iberia has double the content approx.
Iberia may be as large as the base map now (and the price tag is the same as the game itself) but then I believe the playerbase is still growing, right? So they earn more without changing the price, even despite the inflation.
It may be a good idea but then, as I said, GE would have to be vastly expanded. More roads, more cities, among usual improvements.
Trucker Nik

#192 Post by Trucker Nik » 01 Nov 2021 12:23

I would like to see a blog today about the reskine of Austria with new pictures, after exactly three months it would be great to get this blog
Some newbie driver

#193 Post by Some newbie driver » 01 Nov 2021 20:48

Aziz wrote: 01 Nov 2021 10:38Iberia may be as large as the base map now (and the price tag is the same as the game itself) but then I believe the playerbase is still growing, right? So they earn more without changing the price, even despite the inflation.
Well, Iberia isn't as big as the base map, but it's for sure near double the size of what was Baltic, Black Sea, Italy or VLF at launch (this last one has grown a lot with time). A lot more roads and a lot more detailed means a lot more work had to be done (not to mention the delay of 4 months and everything such a delay can cause). So, a LOT more costs that require a LOT more sales than previous DLC.

Of course they know what they do and they have the numbers and if it worth for them, it's OK. But IMHO, they let pass an opportunity to just say "Iberia is more expensive because it has a lot more content. Point" and if people isn't grown enough to understand it is their problem, not SCS problem. Nothing prevents them to return to "regular" price for future DLCs that should be about the size of the ones we had before Iberia. To let more clear that fact that price goes with the amount of content offered.

Regards
ant06031

#194 Post by ant06031 » 01 Nov 2021 22:34

In Belgium, they really should add Antwerp... I'm not from Belgium but only 2 cities for this country is quite a disgrace...
Aziz

#195 Post by Aziz » 02 Nov 2021 05:47

Some newbie driver wrote: 01 Nov 2021 20:48 Of course they know what they do and they have the numbers and if it worth for them, it's OK. But IMHO, they let pass an opportunity to just say "Iberia is more expensive because it has a lot more content. Point" and if people isn't grown enough to understand it is their problem, not SCS problem. Nothing prevents them to return to "regular" price for future DLCs that should be about the size of the ones we had before Iberia. To let more clear that fact that price goes with the amount of content offered.

Regards
Fair, but I think there's a certain psychological barrier for a lot of people - when dlc is more expensive than the game itself. They are on the edge on that and the sales would drop A LOT if it happened. I don't care personally as I've never paid full price for any part of the game, but many players would object. It may not be noticeable for us, as there are tons of people with unconditional love for the game so they buy anything they see, but the rest? Let's say that steam reviews wouldn't be as sweet.
Trucker Nik

#196 Post by Trucker Nik » 02 Nov 2021 05:57

The prediction didn't work out for me again, I stop understanding the logic of scs when publishing news, we got a blog with irritating images of reworked Austria, (1.8.) Since then no news about reskin Austria, scs doesn't want to publish any news about this reworking, then I don't understand why 1.8. teased by a blog about Austria
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#197 Post by Mohegan13 » 02 Nov 2021 16:06

I found the logic a couple of days ago. Looking at the polls we've had over the last few years, what we get is nearly always the 3rd most wanted option on the poll. 🤣
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Some newbie driver

#198 Post by Some newbie driver » 02 Nov 2021 17:54

@Mohegan13 isn't said in english too that third is the good try? :P

@Aziz fair too... But DLCs cost around 18€ for a lot of months long time after their release (now 10% off in Iberia for example, still over 15€)... While the base game is at 4.99€ on sale several times a year. So, the chances you will find the most published DLC at triple the price of the base game is very high. It doesn't seem they are so much concerned about that.

Regards
Aziz

#199 Post by Aziz » 02 Nov 2021 18:44

Some newbie driver wrote: 02 Nov 2021 17:54 @Aziz fair too... But DLCs cost around 18€ for a lot of months long time after their release (now 10% off in Iberia for example, still over 15€)... While the base game is at 4.99€ on sale several times a year. So, the chances you will find the most published DLC at triple the price of the base game is very high. It doesn't seem they are so much concerned about that.

Regards
That is because of their age. The older a product is, the more often it will go on sale. Or the base price drops. I was genuinely surprised when I found Road to the Black Sea at -70% or whatever a week ago, absolutely did not expect it to get such a huge discount that soon. They can afford larger sales when most of the revenue is already gained (though that would explain why it got -70% already, last and this year people have been spending much, much more time at home, so, buying and playing games). You know, and probably have heard like new famous titles earn millions within months or even weeks after the release? And then the income slows down. Same happens here. But sales are sales. Standard price is what matters. But since it doesn't change, and I doubt it will anytime soon - because, again, if they lower the price of the game for whatever reason, same would've happened to dlcs. Simple PR.
Shall we head back to reworks perhaps? I feel like this is going slightly offtopic.
jpgale

#200 Post by jpgale » 02 Nov 2021 22:05

I think your right it is going a little off topic. As for price, I am lucky the cost is not important to me, but given that SCS really is a small indie developer who create neich games, I am happy to pay them even for content that I care less about. I make it a habit to buy skins and stuff simply to provide some more revenue so that SCS can rework the UK and other areas.

Return to “General discussion about the game”