A trailer ownable guide to ETS 2

Some newbie driver

Re: A trailer ownable guide to ETS 2

#11 Post by Some newbie driver » 18 Nov 2020 15:04

If somebody is a freak of numbers and statistics and wanna do those maths cheers to him. I'm obsessive with some things but not that for sure. :lol:

Whatever, as I said, that kind of things only happens when you already have several AI truckers and cash flow is ob scene as plykkegaard said. So it's something that cause no concern at all.
sachy

#12 Post by sachy » 18 Nov 2020 17:16

The drop-side will get Olive trees soon, but I agree it is the least interesting trailer type. Not only the cargo is low paying, its also rare to find on WoTr. The same for Log, and it even miss the crane (really SCS, log trailer without a crane??).

Cistern and both lowboys are completely missing double variants, thus not so interesting to play. At least I can finally visit all those tiny companies into which HCTs wont fit. Any modder here? :)
Thorium Flakk Inc.

#13 Post by Thorium Flakk Inc. » 18 Nov 2020 23:47

DiegoJama wrote: 15 Oct 2020 15:32 I just want to make more money! What should I get?
STD (curtainsiders, dry vans, insulated, and refrigerated/reefers) is without a shadow of a doubt the best class for making money.

Curtainsiders are a fantastic starting point for lower level players, with many cargo types that allow me to earn between 65 and 85 €/km.
I think this part should be revised. For low level players that are starting out and want best bang for the buck, that's lowbed and hauling The Queen V39 Yacht around. At my level (currently 31, no DLCs - but remember, this is a guide for getting started, mostly players that aren't experienced enough and don't have all roads covered yet and probably no DLCs) , the Yacht pays out 60-65€/km, which beats next best thing, medical equipment easily for 5-10 €/km. The Yacht has been best paying cargo per km most of my trip to level 31 ... Also tractors (lowbed) pay out better than medical equipment (curtain, insulated or refrigerated) on average.

And also, extending the lowbed gives you a few € more per km for the same job.

I haven't yet seen vaccines with owned trailers, but I remember they paid out best for Freight Market jobs BUT were very much limited on where you could get them, usually was relation Paris-Milan. Infact... I don't remember seeing vaccines at all with 1.39....
Some newbie driver

#14 Post by Some newbie driver » 19 Nov 2020 00:44

Vaccines, like the other medical stuff cargo, can only be picked from airport companies as far as I remember. So, no jobs of that kind in any part of the base map, Going East or Scandinavia.
Thorium Flakk Inc.

#15 Post by Thorium Flakk Inc. » 19 Nov 2020 01:24

Some newbie driver wrote: 19 Nov 2020 00:44 Vaccines, like the other medical stuff cargo, can only be picked from airport companies as far as I remember. So, no jobs of that kind in any part of the base map, Going East or Scandinavia.
No, you could have those jobs in vanilla game, no DLCs. In particular there was mostly (or only, now that you mention airports) a run between Paris (FLE) and Milano (don't remember which company). Did that change with recent updates? I wasn't paying attention ever since "we" built the Genova bridge :)
Some newbie driver

#16 Post by Some newbie driver » 19 Nov 2020 08:24

FLE is the airport company for France DLC. I forget that it the rebuilt of the base map for France DLC and Italy DLC they included such companies on a few cities, my mistake.
Thorium Flakk Inc.

#17 Post by Thorium Flakk Inc. » 19 Nov 2020 11:43

Also worth mentioning, at least from the perspective of me, a relatively new player to ETS2, is the effect of and rules about the number of trailer axles. Appears to me the game doesn't really care about legal limits, ie. I was able to find a job for a 27 ton excavator with a 2-axle (spread) lowbed. Now, I don't drive trucks IRL so I don't know the rules off the top of my head, but googling for it, I think that EU countries (lowest common denominator) is 10 tons per axle? (speaking of, I tried looking for a concise guide on axle counts for different cargo weights on the forums, but found none :: that's another useful addition if anyone has the numbers).

In addition, I got myself a 5 axle lowbed, that's with 2 lifts. I thought I'd have the axles lifted up for lighter cargo and lower them for heavier cargo.

Now two things to consider here. With cargo like 11 tons (of tractors), the game lowered both axles and all five were on the ground. That's with "Automatic drop of liftable axles" Gameplay option (which is on by default). And I couldn't raise them because the game complained the trailer was too heavy (with that option disabled, you can raise them). Now, why would it need 5 axles for only 11 tons of tractors? And driving that felt like I was hauling 25-30 tons and average fuel consumption was ~10L more per km with 5 axles on the ground. I ran two trips with same cargo and route, for comparison, between 5 axle and 2 axle trailers, hauling same 11t tractors.
Thorium Flakk Inc.

#18 Post by Thorium Flakk Inc. » 19 Nov 2020 21:15

I'm actually way more confused now. Lowbed with 2 (spread) or 3 axles gives me 23t loaders, 21t excavator cargo jobs, forklifts, Yacht. But 4 axles (which is 3+1) or 5 (3+2) doesn't give more than 11-ish tons of forklifts or 9t yacht. Also, I get to carry only one loader which is 8t, versus 2 (23t) on 2 or 3 axles.....

Is this a bug... or what?
Some newbie driver

#19 Post by Some newbie driver » 19 Nov 2020 21:25

Take a look at this thread from the message I link you onward: viewtopic.php?p=1446635#p1446635
Steve Pitts

#20 Post by Steve Pitts » 20 Nov 2020 07:52

Some newbie driver wrote: 19 Nov 2020 00:44Vaccines, like the other medical stuff cargo, can only be picked from airport companies as far as I remember
As far as I can tell this was never true (proviso, I don't have the data for v1.26 or v1.27 with the France DLC installed, only from v1.28 onwards) - even whist first introduced vaccines could also be found from a handful of logistics companies (GNT, Norrsken and Wilnet), and that list is longer nowadays with all DLC installed. I suspect that the reason for the perception is that they are only one of seven cargoes supplied by the airport companies whereas the logistics companies pick from 200+ (300+ in the case of NCH and Balkan Loco, which can both send and receive every cargo in the game other than the Special Transport ones) and therefore those loads are much rarer.

It is the case that ACI and FLE are the only companies that have depots in the base game, but it has been so long since I played without all of the official DLC that I'm not sure whether those are active (I seem to recall that the original FLE in Paris was dormant without the France DLC).
Cheers, Steve

Return to “Gameplay Questions”