ETS2 1.40 speculation thread

Taburetka_

Re: ETS2 1.40 speculation thread

#241 Post by Taburetka_ » 10 Jan 2021 10:19

There is an interesting theory about car transporters.
Previously, it was possible to deliver trucks and other goods to Volvo and Scania dealers, I don’t know if this was provided for by the game initially, but at the time of version ~1.30 it was possible to make such a delivery through VirtualSpeditor program. At the moment, there are no orders for dealerships, nor their place of delivery to TruksBook.
Now, with this remark, we begin to compare some of the actions of the SCS in the blog and in the game.

1.38: https://blog.scssoft.com/2020/07/euro-t ... lease.html
"First of all, one of the more significant changes that drivers will notice across the map at most major cities in the introduction of newly designed and unique truck brand dealerships. All dealerships locations across the Euro Truck Simulator 2 map have received a refresh, so make sure to visit them in-game as you drive past (it is well worth the stop!)"

I don't know if this is limited to cosmetic changes only, the blog does not mention this, and I did not dig into the base of the game.

Now we turn to the blog again and look at this post: https://blog.scssoft.com/2020/09/ibera-barcelona.html

"Truckers heading in to the city, in our upcoming Iberia DLC for Euro Truck Simulator 2, can expect a wide array of industries to accept job contracts from; including car factories, glass factories, truck dealerships, and even the local airport"

In combination with the existing capabilities of dealerships in the ATS and the developer's focus on unification of the functionality and gameplay component of these games, we get the likely addition of truck transportation by car transporters, not only in their current form for Volvo and Scania trucks, the factories of which are present in the game. Therefore, I consider it quite possible that our own car transporters with an output of 1.40 for the ETS2.

It would be very interesting to get the implementation of my proposal on the algorithm for the selection of cargo for an auto transporter: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=287318
Just imagine how cool it is to get randomly selected cargo for a car transporter! You are transporting tractors from the Scania factory to a dealer in Iberia. And the trucks on the platform are those that are used in traffic, you make 5 deliveries and the quality composition of the cargo changes from delivery to delivery (S 4x2 + R 6x4, R 6x4 + R 6x4, S 4x2 + R 4x2 and so on).

P.S. I completely forgot to mention that in addition to the appearance of empty passenger car transporters (after about 1.35-1.36) at 1.38-1.39, empty freight car transporters appeared in traffic.
Some newbie driver

#242 Post by Some newbie driver » 10 Jan 2021 11:26

People mostly expects that Iberia comes with at least the Iveco factory near Madrid thus the possibility to load Iveco cargoes like we already do with Volvo and Scania. So far we had got only a "placeholder" in Suzzara with the name of CoMoTo. For the other companies they should include the factories in already released areas mostly in base map; so that can arrive at any moment with not so much previous announcement.

And about car transport, we still don't know is if Iberia will have several different brands of car manufacturers or only 1 fake brand that will share all the factories we had been teased (4 or 5 if I recall correctly). I suppose they will be different as most of the car companies already in game use fake brands with a resemblance on its IRL counterpart.

The images teased seems to suggest too that we will have delivery points that will be "logistic platforms" specifically for cars on a few ports, similar of the container yards we had got in several previous DLC. So far we only have car manufacturing companies and final dealers.

Regards
Kororuz

#243 Post by Kororuz » 11 Jan 2021 05:43

That's what I talk about all the time. We need a distance setting option for dynamic shadows. Otherwise, we will have inconclusive pictures, like the one on which we see the forest.

[ external image ]

However, you need to admit that sunsets look fantastic. My Respect

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
My mods:
Scratches on windshield(ATS,ETS2)
3D Interior Mod (ATS,ETS2)
and more[/i]
leo.arevalo12ss

#244 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 14 Jan 2021 03:15

That looks so beautiful especially with the new lighting
Take it with a grain of salt nothing is 100% sure
piva

#245 Post by piva » 14 Jan 2021 07:13

Kororuz wrote: 11 Jan 2021 05:43 We need a distance setting option for dynamic shadows.
I agree. SCS now have time (maybe if they do not out 1.40 EB at 18-19 January when both WOTs events expire :lol: )
We need global values for LOD model. For example

Code: Select all

lod_distances[0]: @@lod1@@
	lod_distances[1]: @@lod2@@
	lod_distances[2]: @@lod3@@
	lod_distances[3]: @@lod4@@
So player can change values of LOD distance drawing on own risks. Because one have GeForce GTS 450, another RTX 3090.
Also we need global variables for shadows and lights distance drawing in global config files.
I don't think that this is a "hard" work for SCS team.
plykkegaard

#246 Post by plykkegaard » 14 Jan 2021 07:20

Depends on how many LOD models you have if only one which is the case for most assets you have quite some work to do if you need 4 LOD models

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
piva

#247 Post by piva » 14 Jan 2021 11:50

plykkegaard wrote: 14 Jan 2021 07:20 Depends on how many LOD models you have.
I have all SCS models :lol: I don't use any maps or custom models. I talk about vanilla game.
plykkegaard

#248 Post by plykkegaard » 14 Jan 2021 12:14

Sorry, you can have a number of LODs pr 3D model
In other games I have seen up to 3 extra LOD models
Close up you ca see a very detailed model A, and the further away you are from A it will be replaced by A1, A2, A3 etc with fewer and fewer details on each model
This can is also configures pr model
With fewer details it could maybe be almost the same model but without bump mapping, next LOD could with fewer polygons and so forth

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
xXCARL1992Xx

#249 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 14 Jan 2021 12:23

The games use at least 3, LOD0, LOD1 and LOD2
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
piva

#250 Post by piva » 14 Jan 2021 12:39

That does not matter, I want that SCS use global parameter from config file for LOD distances, so, if I have power GPU, can increase this values if I want.

Return to “General discussion about the game”