2021 Map expasion Discussion

plinio.lisboa.br

Re: 2021 Map expasion Discussion

#251 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 22 Oct 2020 06:27

I completely agree, with you young man it is a map that is possible to be made.
You map: https://i.imgur.com/A157UFO.png

It would be very interesting.
perhaps with the construction of Western Ukraine to allow a connection between the Baltic region and Romania if also something very interesting.
Ultimately, we don't know what the SCS Software team has in mind with the next DLC.
But your map with the title ..; "paths to Moscow" is a very good idea.
Perhaps after this DLC there may be DLC: "paths to Kiev" or "'Beyond Dnieper".
It would be DLC mega map possessing all of Ukraine.

SCS Software's projects are now starting to become big in terms of the size of the territories they are mapping, as well as the challenge of mapping more and more for small European countries.
The island countries: Iceland, Ireland, Faroe, and some of the great islands of Greece CRETE, RHODES, LESVOS, NAXOS, PAROS, CHIOS, ZEKYNTHOS, SAMOS, KEFALONIA, EUBEIA, the island of the Republic of CHYPRUS.
It has many great mapping challenges.

In my opinion, there would still be other major challenges, such as doing; Andorra, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Channel Islands Isle of Man, Aland Islands, Shetland, Monaco, Malta, San Marino, offer great challenges for mappers.
And it could be a DLC called itself; "Little Europe". It would be pretty cool. I can only say that Monaco has the biggest parking challenges for truck loads, it does not have many parking options, but it also shows the great skill of truckers in real life, who will deliver loads and also pick up loads in the small country.

But even for this situation there are many techniques that can be used, from automatic parking to the resurrection of the old reverse parking system used in the German Truck Simulator game (slightly less realistic, but more predictable and easier to obtain reverse parking) that gameplay would be ideal for parking in short spaces in Monaco in some factories, to carry out the reverse discharge underground.

Because the truck's maneuverability in that system was much easier than in the current system (which is more realistic) but for that type of Monegasque environment, it would be ideal for players (who in this case don't have much skill with the current system).

Monaco's parking lots are very very very difficult because of the little space to maneuver it would be in real life, one of the alternatives.
So

For XP experience points there would be three basic types;
Realistic parking (current system would have the greatest value but the player would also have the greatest efforts to perform in those tight spaces).
Moderate parking (old German Truck Simulator system) that would be intermediate.
Automatic parking (current that has always existed) but XP is low.
So my friends have a lot that can still be done.

jackalnxt

#252 Post by jackalnxt » 22 Oct 2020 08:46

One change I would make to the concept map is the inclusion of Tula. There is some major mining industries there. It can be the Pirdop of 'Road to Moscow'.

Evgenius

#253 Post by Evgenius » 22 Oct 2020 09:38

Sametbey2 wrote:
21 Oct 2020 17:26
Also remember that; this is not a mountainous area, it is very flat. It probably takes less time to build a flat terrain than to build a mountainous terrain. Iberia has a mountainous and diverse terrain. Russia (European division), Belarus and Ukraine are just the opposite.
I would exclude Ukraine from this list. Driving along its roads, you will significantly increase your average fuel consumption due to hilly terrain... You should stop mixing these countries as one and the same plateau. :!:
Make three correct guesses in a row - and you are guaranteed a reputation as an expert.

If someone tells you that something is possible, they are almost certainly right. If he claims that something is impossible, he is very likely wrong.

Sametbey2

#254 Post by Sametbey2 » 22 Oct 2020 09:52

There are plateaus, of course. I talked about mountains. After all, this region has less geographic diversity compared to a region like Iberia.

Some newbie driver

#255 Post by Some newbie driver » 22 Oct 2020 11:43

The main map design problem with mountainous zones SCS faces is the limit of drawing distance. On regular central Europe zones that has just gentle hills and plains, that's way less problematic.

plykkegaard

#256 Post by plykkegaard » 22 Oct 2020 12:02

Along the western border of Slovaka, the eastern borders of Ungarn, Romania but also north to Belarus is a little more than gentle hills :)
Office moved to Fort Collins, Colorado

Some newbie driver

#257 Post by Some newbie driver » 22 Oct 2020 12:07

Yes, but on other regions like still awaiting Western Balkans or the upcomming iberia there are mountains literally everywhere. So that extra work for the mapping teams (modifying the map to reduce as much as possible the "pop in" effect) ins continuous and a lot more time consuming that it could be on most of the Eastern Europe that still isn't mapped.

BTW, I like a lot the roads near Košice due those mountainous layout; even being old map zones, are fun to drive.

plykkegaard

#258 Post by plykkegaard » 22 Oct 2020 12:18

Yes I am looking forward to the Pyreneese in the Iberia DLC
Last edited by plykkegaard on 22 Oct 2020 13:56, edited 1 time in total.
Office moved to Fort Collins, Colorado

plinio.lisboa.br

#259 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 22 Oct 2020 13:54

@Some newbie driver
Yes, i agree with you.
This region of Slovakia is very interesting.

I really like this diversity of relief as the country has some plains and immediately you have mountains and deep valleys. I already transported through that region in Euro Truck 2 is really good. The only regret is that there are few cities on the map of Slovakia, there is always a taste of wanting to be transported to some other city.

It is a pity that we no longer have cities in that region of the country we could have for example: Svidník, Humenné, Poprad.
Who knows, maybe this future DLC has Highway 74 with access to Ukraine, and Highway 19 that is part of Route E 50.
It would be something very interesting to enter the Ukrainian Plateau towards the big city LVIV.

krmarci

#260 Post by krmarci » 22 Oct 2020 14:08

jackalnxt wrote:
22 Oct 2020 08:46
One change I would make to the concept map is the inclusion of Tula. There is some major mining industries there. It can be the Pirdop of 'Road to Moscow'.
Tula is probably too far east and would probably make more sense in the next Russian DLC. An (intelligent) inclusion of Tula in RtM would also require the addition of Oryol and Kursk, which would basically block the Kiev-Voronezh route and would require two DLCs to complete.

Return to “General discussion about the game”