2021 Map expasion Discussion

gaillard

Re: 2021 Map expasion Discussion

#291 Post by gaillard » 04 Nov 2020 21:59

Stevecro wrote:
04 Nov 2020 20:12
I would be willing to pay for the updates as a DLC.
Do you have the slightest idea of the logistical nightmare it would be to have every future update to be tailored/tested on two/three different versions of the base map? :o :?
They dropped the legacy sale of new map DLCs because it was too heavy vs benefits... Other DLCs were not even ever offered as direct sale.

plykkegaard

#292 Post by plykkegaard » 04 Nov 2020 22:24

IIRC with RttBS and forward it is Steam only
Office moved to Fort Collins, Colorado

Some newbie driver

#293 Post by Some newbie driver » 04 Nov 2020 22:29

It's not just the technical problem gaillard. Even if technically would be like a warming exercise; that doesn't change other things most people don't even bother to consider.

Let's say SCS would made a DLC "Improved Germany" with all the bling they can. That means a lot more manpower than a slow paced and limited scope rebuilt. That means funds will be needed to cover that development. That means probably to take credits at bank to cover those costs. What if the DLC is a flop then? SCS has a debt problem that hinders the rest of their projects.

If they keep doing free updates, that means they are spending their already obtained money in an investment. So, whether we like or not the rebuilt, they aren't risking any debt of money due that. So, slower rate of work but a way much safer way to keep running the company for years.

But one reads some comments people do, and it looks they don't care the company go bankrupt in the mid-term if only they can get their whim now. They want moar and moar and moar expecting the company do some practices whose only result would be we would have less to none content in the future. It's a nonsense.

Regards

plykkegaard

#294 Post by plykkegaard » 04 Nov 2020 22:32

Look at the goose that lays golden eggs, if not patient you can end with nothing
Office moved to Fort Collins, Colorado

plinio.lisboa.br

#295 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 05 Nov 2020 00:57

my comment will be very brief:

"I fully agree with what the "Some newbie driver" said, is absolutely correct, his perception of economic and technical reality in relation to game development".

that is it.

YugoDriver

#296 Post by YugoDriver » 22 Nov 2020 14:54

In 2021 I would like to see Germany re-build finished. SCS did a very nice job there and raised the quality standard in the base map which is respectful.

After Iberia, It will be great to see Western Balkans, but I think that Balkans will wait a little bit more. Based on screenshots we have seen it's 90% sure that's a further east (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova and more of Russia).

In very first release stream for Baltic Sea, there has been a question for Pavel, is there any plans on going further more into Russia and he said that is possible in the future, not just for Baltic Sea DLC but for any else. Which has been true since we got expansion for France and Italy on Corsica and Sardinia.

So based on that it might be that those screenshots are not next "main" map expansion, it might be expanding Baltic Sea, more beyond the Baltic Sea. :D

Just remember teasing screenshots from Carthoo for Corsica and Sardinia...

Shiva

#297 Post by Shiva » 22 Nov 2020 15:51

I would not count on Ukraine and Moldova for the DLC after Iberia.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

CarTMatt

#298 Post by CarTMatt » 22 Nov 2020 16:05

Maybe like an Ireland expansion. The East, the South, and the North got a DLC. The west is now left. I would be happy to have an Irish DLC because the UK in general isn't getting much love. Much happier if they add Iceland to the mix. But, I would rather for them to build more of the map itself. The barriers irritate me. Also, I wanna have an off-road shortcut or more trails stuff like that. And, I wanna see them improve the older DLCs like Scandinavia and Going East!.
My PC:
Intel Core i5-6200U Skylake-U 2.30GHz base clock, Turbo Boost up to 2.80GHz CPU
Intel HD Graphics 520
8 GB of RAM
120GB Kingston SATA SSD
Yeah, my computer sucks...I want an upgrade but I'm poor.

YugoDriver

#299 Post by YugoDriver » 22 Nov 2020 16:52

I think that Ireland will be in DLC with Iceland. The United Kingdom and Going East have the same quality which is long ago out of date. That's the reason why I installed ProMods.
My opinion is that when the re-build of Germany is finished they should start with the United Kingdom, which will be good for the UK drivers and much more people will enjoy driving through very nice and scenic views.

krmarci

#300 Post by krmarci » 22 Nov 2020 18:17

@YugoDriver Ireland and Iceland are unconnected by ferry. Also, they would require completely different assets. It would be hard to do them together, and it makes no sense from a marketing point of view, either. The most I can see is both of them coming in the same year, one in summer, one in winter, priced similarly to ATS DLCs.

Return to “General discussion about the game”