This project was heavily inspired by ads678's excellent ATS concept map, but focuses on ETS2 instead, and probably has a more idealistic, wishful nature.
Please keep in mind that:
- This is a work in progress. I've only added and reworked a few territories so far. I'd like to add as much stuff as possible in the future, but I can't afford to spend a lot of time on this, so the work has been rather slow.
- I aim for realism in terms of map scale, but not necessarily for realism in terms of what we should plausibly expect in the near future. Think of this less as "what ETS2 would look like in X years" and more as "what ETS2 would look like in X years in an ideal world where SCS has unlimited money"
- This was started long before the surprising new Russia expansion was teased, so don't pay much attention to the colours of potential DLCs - the DLC borders are almost certainly inaccurate and will have to be updated when we learn more.
(full size images available by clicking on the previews above)
Some additional notes:
- While I'll admit that some places were added more because of the "coolness" factor than anything (e.g. much of Northern Scandinavia), I believe that pretty much every single dot on the map is justified. Sure, some of them are small towns or villages with barely a thousand inhabitants - but there is always a quarry, a forestry area, a marina, a local warehouse or something else that makes it belong in the game. Such places are usually counted as part of the nearest big dot city (except for nuclear power plants for some reason), but in the absence of big cities in the north I believe the approach should change a little.
- Yes, Moscow is so huge that I gave it a new type of a super-big dot. The other such huge dots are planned to be London (once its rebuilt) and Istanbul (once its complete with the rest oh Turkey - currently the game contains only about 1/4 of the city)
- The names of cities in Belarus are written in accordance with the official transliteration rules. I'm not sure if it was the right choice to use them in this context though, because this spelling differs from English and can get rather confusing. For example, "Polack" should really be pronounced "Polatsk" or "Polotsk", and is spelled so on most maps.
- I removed the Hull - Esbjerg ferry route as it no longer exists in real life. I also added a bunch of new ferries between the existing vanilla cities: Bergen - Stavanger, Travemünde - Trelleborg, Marseille - Ajaccio, Marseille - Sassari, Porto-Vecchio - Napoli. As far as I know, all these are valid ferry routes IRL, although feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.