ETS2 fanmade concept map (WIP) (November 2021 update)

De_Ruyter

Re: ETS2 fanmade concept map (WIP) (November 2021 update)

#121 Post by De_Ruyter » 20 Nov 2021 23:12

Would be awesome to see this image turning into a actual playable map!
Can't wait for future updates! Keep up the good work!
(and thank you for replying, I'd be waiting for that specific update!)
Juli On Tour

#122 Post by Juli On Tour » 21 Nov 2021 08:02

IvanKuz wrote: 20 Nov 2021 10:19 I realized that this week marks one year since I started this topic, so I wanted to put out a new update for the occasion.
Unfortunately, as usual, progress has been very slow, so this version doesn't include everything I originally wanted it to include. So there's almost nothing new in Iberia or central Europe, I'm afraid. But there is some very cool new stuff on the east!

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]
(full size images available by clicking on these previews)

Changelog:
  • 🇷🇺 Further expanded the next hypothetical Russia DLC (working title - "Volga"): added Volgograd, Volzhsky, Kamyshin, Saratov, Engels, Volsk, Balakovo, Syzran, Zhigulyovsk, Tolyatti, Samara, Novokuybyshevsk, Pugachyov, Yershov, Penza, Kamenka, Morshansk, Kirsanov, Balashov, Mikhaylovka, Vyoshenskaya, Uryupinsk, Novovoronezh, Alexeyevka, Rossosh, Pavlovsk, Millerovo, Kamensk-Shakhtinsky, Belaya Kalitva and Morozovsk; revised Borisoglebsk and gave it a garage
  • 🇷🇺 Further updated and expanded Heart of Russia territories based on what we know or can guess about it so far: moved Ryazan, Yegoryevsk, Gus-Khrustalny and Vladimir to make their geographical locations more accurate; added Novomoskovsk, Kovrov, Kostroma, Ivanovo, Shuya, Zavolzhye, Nizhny Novgorod, Dzerzhinsk, Arzamas, Murom, Vyksa, Saransk, Umyot and Kalyazin; made Petrozavodsk, Sortavala and Priozersk part of HoR and added the Petrozavodsk - Vytegra road
  • 🇷🇺 Added the Tonar trailer factory near Orekhovo-Zuyevo
  • 🇺🇦 Added the rest of Ukraine (except for disputed territories)
  • 🇺🇦🇸🇰🇭🇺🇷🇴 Revised the area around Uzhgorod and Mukachevo and its connecting roads
  • 🇭🇺 Added the LEGO factory in Nyíregyháza
  • 🇦🇱🇲🇰 Western Balkans phase III: added Albania and North Macedonia
  • 🇧🇬 Added Blagoevgrad
  • 🇧🇬🇷🇴 Added the Bechet - Oryahovo ferry crossing
  • 🇷🇴 Added Bistrița and E58 towards Sucaeva
  • 🇫🇷🇪🇸🇵🇹 Merged the rebuilt Lyon and the new roads and towns in Iberia from the 1.43 Open Beta
  • 🇫🇷 Added the Renault factory in Bourg-en-Bresse
  • 🇪🇺 Miscellaneous minor tweaks
I will try to put out the next version by the end of the year. You can expect Greece at the very least.
I will most likely not be touching Heart of Russia anymore until its release, since my version of it is getting obsolete with each new piece of news about it that comes in, so playing catch is getting exhausting.

Thank you everyone who is enjoying this concept map and leaving feedback!
De_Ruyter wrote: 04 Oct 2021 20:27However, why no update for the Netherlands?
The Netherlands, just like every other place that I haven't touched yet, are planned, I just haven't got around to it yet. But TBH I enjoy drawing new areas more, so I prioritize those over reworking the existing countries. I'm also kind of hoping that SCS would get to reworking Benelux before I do.
cristianrpbeijo wrote: 02 Nov 2021 04:05the best fan made map speculation that i ever have seen
I agree :lol:
gasonnaa wrote: 19 Nov 2021 13:48Hi can I somehow download this map?
Bruh... This is just an image, not an actual map mod you can drive on :lol:
Thanks for this update. Nice Map!
Scandinavia fan Norway, Sweden Look at my WoT Profile:https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/1265700
Trucker Nik

#123 Post by Trucker Nik » 21 Nov 2021 12:31

@IvanKuz What is marked in red (on your map) do you estimate will be included in the HoR?
Fenix

#124 Post by Fenix » 30 Nov 2021 12:47

I don't understand the point of this work. So it's just a picture. SCS are not making anything according to this, a well as modmakers. What is it for?
Some newbie driver

#125 Post by Some newbie driver » 30 Nov 2021 13:32

For the sake of his amusement doing it. And if somebody else enjoys it, the better.

Regards
Fenix

#126 Post by Fenix » 30 Nov 2021 14:26

The only point could be making a prediction.
But Russia is already wrong in that case. No Ivanovo, no Kostroma, no Nizhniy, no Saransk.
Balkans being not full (without Greece) is very doubtful too. For me Greece is the main feature of Balkans.
Also I don't think anybody would buy Scandinavia-2 dlc because it will depreciate the first one.
Ukraine and Belarus separately - doubtful, I am almost sure they will be made in 1 dlc.
South of Russia dlc must be larger.
Also there may exist Russian republics dlc - they are mostly to the East from red zone.

The only thing I agree here is the blue zone. Northern Russia + Finland is a highly possible dlc.
Shiva

#127 Post by Shiva » 30 Nov 2021 14:58

No one would buy Scandinavia 2, aka northern parts of Norway and Sweden DLC?
I would surely buy it.
The rest of the map DLC's too.

The map is done as sort of prediction / wishlist of places that could come.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Fenix

#128 Post by Fenix » 30 Nov 2021 15:54

We already have Scandinavia-2 as a part of ProMods. Of course you may say that official one would be more qualitative but looking at the first Scandinavia...

The entire continent is a wishlist actually. So we are dealing with a statement of the obvious actually.
Komen

#129 Post by Komen » 30 Nov 2021 16:16

Fenix wrote: 30 Nov 2021 14:26 Also I don't think anybody would buy Scandinavia-2 dlc because it will depreciate the first one.
Maybe take a look at the "What area comes after Russia" poll thread.
ETS2 map that I'm working on a time to time basis
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mi ... WbhJ&hl=en
Fenix

#130 Post by Fenix » 30 Nov 2021 17:42

Seen already. Just speculations, with no official info.
And I am sure this would be Balkans. SCS will shoot their foot if this won't include Greece. What will they do next if they don't include it? Release Greece separately? It's not big at all to be a separate dlc. Balkans entirely is the only really European and really interesting big territory left.

Return to “General discussion about the game”