ETS2 fanmade concept map (WIP) (November 2021 update)

Juli On Tour

Re: ETS2 fanmade concept map (WIP) (August 2021 update)

#101 Post by Juli On Tour » 05 Sep 2021 18:01

IvanKuz wrote: 01 Sep 2021 11:09 Well... This topic blew up :)
Juli On Tour wrote: 28 Aug 2021 14:45I looked carefully at the cards. That looks great. I myself shared 3 links from my PDF lists somewhere on my own. I've already written a few posts, maybe you can find my links there. It took me 3 days for the lists. Please start reading the Norway list, it also contains my thoughts on this project. Best regards Julian
Look, mate, I'm going to be bluntly honest with you. First of all, if you are going to ask people to look at your your map expansion idea in every single comment, you could at least have the courtesy to provide a link to it yourself instead of just asking people to go search for it :roll: Or just put it in your signature - that way it will always be accessible.
Secondly, yes, I have found your PDFs. While they are certainly impressive work, they are quite inconvenient to digest. I'm sorry, but I don't really want to sit through slideshows of zoomed in Google Maps screenshots detached from the context of a larger map. If it were an interactive map (like, for example, krmarci's map), it would be a lot more comprehensible.
As for my map, I think Scandinavia and Finland are already pretty densely packed with content, so unless I've missed something really significant, I don't think I will be adding any more stuff there.

Yes, I can imagine that. Maybe I can try the signature as you described. Best regards Julian :D
plinio.lisboa.br wrote: 28 Aug 2021 20:10Would the Czech Republic and the Slovak Republic have any viability for the current map to be reworked with additions of these new cities?
At 1:19 scale this would look terrible. In theory you can put city markers as close together as you like, but at this scale and density each of these "cities" would be just a few blocks of buildings located a rock's throw away from the next such "city". It simply won't be realistic.
krmarci wrote: 30 Aug 2021 14:03Iberia could also benefit from the missing section of the A-52, if there's room for it...
Thanks for the tip. Into the backlog it goes :)
Tassen wrote: 31 Aug 2021 19:36A beautiful piece of work...except...sort of funny in a way. It appears all of the cities and towns in Sweden have the correct Swedish names, spelling, and letters (å, ä, ö), with the exception of Gothenburg (where I come from). Göteborg is the correct name in Swedish, not Gothenburg. ;)
I'm using English names where available, just as SCS does. Göteborg is marked as Gothenburg in the English version of the game, just like Köln is marked as Cologne, Lisboa is marked as Lisbon, and so on.
Stefan E. wrote: 31 Aug 2021 20:36By the way, is there any download link available..?
You want my photoshop files?
Wait... you realise this is just an image, not an actual map mod you can drive on? :lol:
Scandinavia fan Norway, Sweden Look at my WoT Profile:https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/1265700
WolfRamXX_CZ

#102 Post by WolfRamXX_CZ » 10 Sep 2021 07:35

Looks great, id just add two more cities in Czech and thats Pilsen (Plzeň (to right of Prague)) and Czech Budejovice (České Budějovice (below prague)). Pilsen is industrial town, most iconic are Škoda Electric factory (there is posibility of adding transformators, Trolleybuses and EL-buses as cargo as well as posibility of some special cargos) and Gambrinus (posibility of adding beer as cargo). Czech Budejovice is... industrial town as well i guess. There are hall complexis with Volvo center, Mercedes center, etc. There is also (what i asume is) old military airport now used as civil one (posibility of special cargos: plane, plane parts).
Owner of WolfTrans.com. An fictional trucking company.
IvanKuz

#103 Post by IvanKuz » 10 Sep 2021 09:16

@WolfRamXX_CZ thanks for the tips, I'll see if I can add these things when I get around to working on Czechia.
WaldStein17

#104 Post by WaldStein17 » 11 Sep 2021 14:34

Where's Nizhny Novgorod? And Arzamas?
IvanKuz

#105 Post by IvanKuz » 12 Sep 2021 09:00

WaldStein17 wrote: 11 Sep 2021 14:34 Where's Nizhny Novgorod? And Arzamas?
:roll:
IvanKuz wrote: 16 Nov 2020 23:07Please keep in mind that:
  • This is a work in progress.
IvanKuz wrote: 18 Aug 2021 18:22Yes, [Arzamas is missing,] as well as Kovrov, Nizhny Novgorod and a few other cities that we can be quite certain will be in HoR based on what we know so far. I'm in no hurry to do them, knowing that in a year's time I'll have to delete them and replace with SCS's version anyway.
aquaticsparrow

#106 Post by aquaticsparrow » 19 Sep 2021 14:22

Is this supposed to be ProMods or your own project? It wasn't really specified in the topic?
Also, the map is just zoom level 1 of the world map. Now, if it was interactable like TruckersMP (where it shows roads, companies, and services), your idea can actually be in the top tier.

Props to your dedication on this. But i rather not be coming back if it's just going to stay a zoomed out world map. (Also, you're missing Greece).
IvanKuz

#107 Post by IvanKuz » 19 Sep 2021 15:22

aquaticsparrow wrote: 19 Sep 2021 14:22Is this supposed to be ProMods or your own project? It wasn't really specified in the topic?
This has nothing to do with ProMods, it's not even mentioned in OP.
I use ProMods, as well as some other map mods, as inspiration and sometimes even as reference for some specific areas here and there, but overall this project is it's own thing. In general I find that ProMods often like to cram too much stuff in too small a space for my liking.
aquaticsparrow wrote: 19 Sep 2021 14:22Also, the map is just zoom level 1 of the world map. Now, if it was interactable like TruckersMP (where it shows roads, companies, and services), your idea can actually be in the top tier.
Yeah, it is just a series of images. Unfortunately I don't have the technical capabilities to do anything more complex than that.
De_Ruyter

#108 Post by De_Ruyter » 04 Oct 2021 20:27

Specially love the Nordic countries updates which is very much needed. However, why no update for the Netherlands?
cristianrpbeijo

#109 Post by cristianrpbeijo » 02 Nov 2021 04:05

the best fan made map speculation that i ever have seen
Juli On Tour

#110 Post by Juli On Tour » 06 Nov 2021 11:09

De_Ruyter wrote: 04 Oct 2021 20:27 Specially love the Nordic countries updates which is very much needed. However, why no update for the Netherlands?
I would of course also welcome an update for the Netherlands. With the other urgent statement you are of course right and you have surely noticed that I am a Nordic fan. After Russia, I would work most of the north all the way to the top. I've been to Trondheim or Tromsø. "Nordic Dream".
Scandinavia fan Norway, Sweden Look at my WoT Profile:https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/1265700

Return to “General discussion about the game”