ETS2 fanmade concept map (WIP) (November 2021 update)

Eduard_Kenobi

Re: ETS2 fanmade concept map (WIP) (August 2021 update)

#91 Post by Eduard_Kenobi » 29 Aug 2021 18:28

plinio.lisboa.br wrote: 28 Aug 2021 20:10 What do you, ladies and gentlemen, have to say about this concept map? Would the Czech Republic and the Slovak Republic have any viability for the current map to be reworked with additions of these new cities?

[ external image ]
Prešov will have biggest highway intersection in country when D1 highway will be finished in October 2021.

https://www.ndsas.sk/stavby/vystavba/pr ... presov-juh
SenseFM

#92 Post by SenseFM » 29 Aug 2021 18:33

I wonder how the (hopefully) eventual rework of Czechia could look. It's the home country of SCS Software so at least they would have the research easily covered.
krmarci

#93 Post by krmarci » 30 Aug 2021 14:03

@IvanKuz Iberia could also benefit from the missing section of the A-52, if there's room for it...
Shiva

#94 Post by Shiva » 31 Aug 2021 11:51

Ourense to A-75 section?
Yeah, that would be <3
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Stefan E.

Re: ETS2 fanmade concept map (WIP) (April 2021 update)

#95 Post by Stefan E. » 31 Aug 2021 12:35

IvanKuz wrote: 03 Apr 2021 13:39 New version is here! There isn't all that much in terms of new areas, but I've revised a lot of stuff to be more realistic about the scale, and even had to remove a few towns that I naively included before due to scale issues.
I wanted to publish whatever progress I have made before Iberia comes out, so that I can take a break from this project and I explore the glorious new DLC. And later we will see what can I add to it :)

Full size images are now uploaded to imgbb.com, so mobile users shouldn't have problems opening them anymore.

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]
(full size images available by clicking on these previews)

Changelog:
  • 🇭🇷🇧🇦🇷🇸🇽🇰🇲🇪 Western Balkans phase II: added the rest of Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo and Montenegro
  • 🇮🇸🇫🇴 Added Iceland and Faroe Islands
  • 🇵🇱 Rebuilt and expanded more of Poland: rebuilt Warsaw, Łódź and Olsztyn; added Elbląg, Piotrków Trybunalski, Radom, Kielce and Siedlce
  • 🇩🇪🇫🇷 Merged the new and reworked parts of Germany and France by SCS
  • 🇩🇪 "Germany rework phase IV": rebuilt Bremen, Duisburg, Düsseldorf, Cologne and the surrounding roads; added Emden, Bremerhaven, Bonn, Koblenz, Saarbrücken and the airports of Bonn-Cologne and Frankfurt; added or expanded sections of A27, A2, A3, A40, A44, A6, A61, A81
  • 🇪🇺 Reworked a lot of cities and roads that I previously added all over the map to be more realistic about the scale; also added or removed garages in several cities
  • 🇱🇻🇷🇺 Revised my previous additions to the Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC: removed Ogre, unmarked Ostrov (the farm that I previously added there now counts as Pskov) and downgraded Kolka to scenic (it doesn't have any industries, but I want to keep it for a viewpoint)
  • 🇸🇪 Removed Norrköping because it felt too crammed and didn't realistically fit
  • 🇸🇪 Adjusted the distance between Falun and Borlänge; added Söderhamn as an unmarked town and extended road 50 towards it
  • 🇳🇴 Extended road 76 from Forsmark towards Kapellskär
  • 🇳🇴 Added Berlevåg
  • 🇳🇴 Removed the Kirkenes - Vadsø ferry route (as far as I can tell, no such freight ferry actually exists, only a cruise route)
  • 🇫🇮 Added the under-construction nuclear power plant in Pyhäjoki
  • 🇫🇮 Unmarked Siilinjärvi (its quarry now counts as Kuopio)
  • 🇫🇮🇷🇺 Rearranged the hypothetical borders between future DLCs to be more in line with what we know about Heart of Russia so far
  • 🇷🇺 Broke up the Moscow metropolitan area into multiple cities due to its sheer size; reworked it to have a better selection of prominent industries and distribution centers
  • 🇷🇺 Added Shatura, Chagoda, Boksitogorsk, Kondopoga and Sokol
  • 🇷🇺 Reworked Arkhangelsk, Veliky Novgorod, Tver, Slantsy, Uglich, Vesyegonsk and Ustyuzhna (scenic town) to more accurately reflect where trucks are allowed to go
  • 🇧🇾 Added road R15 between Liepieĺ and Orša
  • 🇷🇴 Completed route E81 between Hunedoara and Pitești; added Sibiu and Râmnicu Vâlcea; marked Sebeș as its own town on the map
  • 🇲🇩 Added Giurgiulești
  • 🇭🇺 Rebuilt Szeged
  • 🇧🇬 Added Vidin
  • 🇮🇹 Added ferry terminals in Ancona and Bari
  • 🇫🇷🇮🇹 Removed the Porto-Vecchio - Naples ferry which I previously added (apparently, no such freight ferry route actually exists)
  • 🇪🇺 Miscellaneous minor tweaks
This is a really interesting project I am following.
ProMods Romania Developer
https://discord.gg/2HezBQTw7v
Creator of RO-Rebuild Project
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=297813
Juli On Tour

Re: ETS2 fanmade concept map (WIP) (April 2021 update)

#96 Post by Juli On Tour » 31 Aug 2021 16:54

Stefan E. wrote: 31 Aug 2021 12:35
IvanKuz wrote: 03 Apr 2021 13:39 New version is here! There isn't all that much in terms of new areas, but I've revised a lot of stuff to be more realistic about the scale, and even had to remove a few towns that I naively included before due to scale issues.
I wanted to publish whatever progress I have made before Iberia comes out, so that I can take a break from this project and I explore the glorious new DLC. And later we will see what can I add to it :)

Full size images are now uploaded to imgbb.com, so mobile users shouldn't have problems opening them anymore.

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]
(full size images available by clicking on these previews)

Changelog:
  • 🇭🇷🇧🇦🇷🇸🇽🇰🇲🇪 Western Balkans phase II: added the rest of Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo and Montenegro
  • 🇮🇸🇫🇴 Added Iceland and Faroe Islands
  • 🇵🇱 Rebuilt and expanded more of Poland: rebuilt Warsaw, Łódź and Olsztyn; added Elbląg, Piotrków Trybunalski, Radom, Kielce and Siedlce
  • 🇩🇪🇫🇷 Merged the new and reworked parts of Germany and France by SCS
  • 🇩🇪 "Germany rework phase IV": rebuilt Bremen, Duisburg, Düsseldorf, Cologne and the surrounding roads; added Emden, Bremerhaven, Bonn, Koblenz, Saarbrücken and the airports of Bonn-Cologne and Frankfurt; added or expanded sections of A27, A2, A3, A40, A44, A6, A61, A81
  • 🇪🇺 Reworked a lot of cities and roads that I previously added all over the map to be more realistic about the scale; also added or removed garages in several cities
  • 🇱🇻🇷🇺 Revised my previous additions to the Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC: removed Ogre, unmarked Ostrov (the farm that I previously added there now counts as Pskov) and downgraded Kolka to scenic (it doesn't have any industries, but I want to keep it for a viewpoint)
  • 🇸🇪 Removed Norrköping because it felt too crammed and didn't realistically fit
  • 🇸🇪 Adjusted the distance between Falun and Borlänge; added Söderhamn as an unmarked town and extended road 50 towards it
  • 🇳🇴 Extended road 76 from Forsmark towards Kapellskär
  • 🇳🇴 Added Berlevåg
  • 🇳🇴 Removed the Kirkenes - Vadsø ferry route (as far as I can tell, no such freight ferry actually exists, only a cruise route)
  • 🇫🇮 Added the under-construction nuclear power plant in Pyhäjoki
  • 🇫🇮 Unmarked Siilinjärvi (its quarry now counts as Kuopio)
  • 🇫🇮🇷🇺 Rearranged the hypothetical borders between future DLCs to be more in line with what we know about Heart of Russia so far
  • 🇷🇺 Broke up the Moscow metropolitan area into multiple cities due to its sheer size; reworked it to have a better selection of prominent industries and distribution centers
  • 🇷🇺 Added Shatura, Chagoda, Boksitogorsk, Kondopoga and Sokol
  • 🇷🇺 Reworked Arkhangelsk, Veliky Novgorod, Tver, Slantsy, Uglich, Vesyegonsk and Ustyuzhna (scenic town) to more accurately reflect where trucks are allowed to go
  • 🇧🇾 Added road R15 between Liepieĺ and Orša
  • 🇷🇴 Completed route E81 between Hunedoara and Pitești; added Sibiu and Râmnicu Vâlcea; marked Sebeș as its own town on the map
  • 🇲🇩 Added Giurgiulești
  • 🇭🇺 Rebuilt Szeged
  • 🇧🇬 Added Vidin
  • 🇮🇹 Added ferry terminals in Ancona and Bari
  • 🇫🇷🇮🇹 Removed the Porto-Vecchio - Naples ferry which I previously added (apparently, no such freight ferry route actually exists)
  • 🇪🇺 Miscellaneous minor tweaks
This is a really interesting project I am following.
Nice WORK!
Scandinavia fan Norway, Sweden Look at my WoT Profile:https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/1265700
Tassen

#97 Post by Tassen » 31 Aug 2021 19:36

A beautiful piece of work...except...sort of funny in a way. It appears all of the cities and towns in Sweden have the correct Swedish names, spelling, and letters (å, ä, ö), with the exception of Gothenburg (where I come from). Göteborg is the correct name in Swedish, not Gothenburg. ;)
Stefan E.

#98 Post by Stefan E. » 31 Aug 2021 20:36

By the way, is there any download link available..?
IvanKuz

#99 Post by IvanKuz » 01 Sep 2021 11:09

Well... This topic blew up :)
Juli On Tour wrote: 28 Aug 2021 14:45I looked carefully at the cards. That looks great. I myself shared 3 links from my PDF lists somewhere on my own. I've already written a few posts, maybe you can find my links there. It took me 3 days for the lists. Please start reading the Norway list, it also contains my thoughts on this project. Best regards Julian
Look, mate, I'm going to be bluntly honest with you. First of all, if you are going to ask people to look at your your map expansion idea in every single comment, you could at least have the courtesy to provide a link to it yourself instead of just asking people to go search for it :roll: Or just put it in your signature - that way it will always be accessible.
Secondly, yes, I have found your PDFs. While they are certainly impressive work, they are quite inconvenient to digest. I'm sorry, but I don't really want to sit through slideshows of zoomed in Google Maps screenshots detached from the context of a larger map. If it were an interactive map (like, for example, krmarci's map), it would be a lot more comprehensible.
As for my map, I think Scandinavia and Finland are already pretty densely packed with content, so unless I've missed something really significant, I don't think I will be adding any more stuff there.
plinio.lisboa.br wrote: 28 Aug 2021 20:10Would the Czech Republic and the Slovak Republic have any viability for the current map to be reworked with additions of these new cities?
At 1:19 scale this would look terrible. In theory you can put city markers as close together as you like, but at this scale and density each of these "cities" would be just a few blocks of buildings located a rock's throw away from the next such "city". It simply won't be realistic.
krmarci wrote: 30 Aug 2021 14:03Iberia could also benefit from the missing section of the A-52, if there's room for it...
Thanks for the tip. Into the backlog it goes :)
Tassen wrote: 31 Aug 2021 19:36A beautiful piece of work...except...sort of funny in a way. It appears all of the cities and towns in Sweden have the correct Swedish names, spelling, and letters (å, ä, ö), with the exception of Gothenburg (where I come from). Göteborg is the correct name in Swedish, not Gothenburg. ;)
I'm using English names where available, just as SCS does. Göteborg is marked as Gothenburg in the English version of the game, just like Köln is marked as Cologne, Lisboa is marked as Lisbon, and so on.
Stefan E. wrote: 31 Aug 2021 20:36By the way, is there any download link available..?
You want my photoshop files?
Wait... you realise this is just an image, not an actual map mod you can drive on? :lol:
Stefan E.

#100 Post by Stefan E. » 01 Sep 2021 13:43

Oh... Bruh

Return to “General discussion about the game”