ETS2 fanmade concept map (WIP) (November 2021 update)

IvanKuz

ETS2 fanmade concept map (WIP) (November 2021 update)

#1 Post by IvanKuz » 16 Nov 2020 23:07

Hi everyone! I'd like to finally share something that I have been slowly working on on-and-off for quite a while now :)
This project was heavily inspired by ads678's excellent ATS concept map, but focuses on ETS2 instead, and has a more idealistic, wishful nature.

Last updated: 20 November 2021, see changelog below.

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]
(full size images available by clicking on these previews)

Please keep in mind that:
  • This is a work in progress. Work on Benelux, the UK, Slovakia, Greece, Turkey, etc., etc. is planned! It will just take some time. I have a job and way too many other hobbies, so I can't afford to spend a lot of time on this project.
  • I aim for realism in terms of map scale. If some road or city is missing, it's probably because there was no space to depict it in a satisfactory way.
  • Because apparently some people don't realize this: this is just a series of images. Not an actual map mod that you can download and drive on :lol:
Bonus stuff:
E81 Sibiu - Pitești draft
Germany Rhine-Ruhr area rework draft

Note: the names of cities in Belarus are written in accordance with the official transliteration rules. I'm not sure if it was the right choice to use them in this context though, because this spelling differs from English and can get rather confusing. For example, "Polack" should really be pronounced "Polatsk" or "Polotsk", and is spelled so on most maps.

Version history

v0.4 (20 November 2021, current)
  • 🇷🇺 Further expanded the next hypothetical Russia DLC (working title - "Volga"): added Volgograd, Volzhsky, Kamyshin, Saratov, Engels, Volsk, Balakovo, Syzran, Zhigulyovsk, Tolyatti, Samara, Novokuybyshevsk, Pugachyov, Yershov, Penza, Kamenka, Morshansk, Kirsanov, Balashov, Mikhaylovka, Vyoshenskaya, Uryupinsk, Novovoronezh, Alexeyevka, Rossosh, Pavlovsk, Millerovo, Kamensk-Shakhtinsky, Belaya Kalitva and Morozovsk; revised Borisoglebsk and gave it a garage
  • 🇷🇺 Further updated and expanded Heart of Russia territories based on what we know or can guess about it so far: moved Ryazan, Yegoryevsk, Gus-Khrustalny and Vladimir to make their geographical locations more accurate; added Novomoskovsk, Kovrov, Kostroma, Ivanovo, Shuya, Zavolzhye, Nizhny Novgorod, Dzerzhinsk, Arzamas, Murom, Vyksa, Saransk, Umyot and Kalyazin; made Petrozavodsk, Sortavala and Priozersk part of HoR and added the Petrozavodsk - Vytegra road
  • 🇷🇺 Added the Tonar trailer factory near Orekhovo-Zuyevo
  • 🇺🇦 Added the rest of Ukraine (except for disputed territories)
  • 🇺🇦🇸🇰🇭🇺🇷🇴 Revised the area around Uzhgorod and Mukachevo and its connecting roads
  • 🇭🇺 Added the LEGO factory in Nyíregyháza
  • 🇦🇱🇲🇰 Western Balkans phase III: added Albania and North Macedonia
  • 🇧🇬 Added Blagoevgrad
  • 🇧🇬🇷🇴 Added the Bechet - Oryahovo ferry crossing
  • 🇷🇴 Added Bistrița and E58 towards Sucaeva
  • 🇫🇷🇪🇸🇵🇹 Merged the rebuilt Lyon and the new roads and towns in Iberia from the 1.43 Open Beta
  • 🇫🇷 Added the Renault factory in Bourg-en-Bresse
  • 🇪🇺 Miscellaneous minor tweaks
v0.3 (16 August 2021)

• 🇺🇦 Revised Kyiv and Boryspil; added Mykolaiv, Yuzhnoukrainsk, Kropyvnytskyi, Cherkasy, Kremenchuk, Poltava, Kharkiv, Sumy and Konotop
  • 🇺🇦 Marked Boryspil and Chornomorsk as separate towns on the map
  • 🇷🇺 Began building the next hypothetical Russia DLC: added Kursk, Belgorod, Voronezh, Tambov, Lipetsk, Yelets, Kurchatov, Gubkin, Stary Oskol and Borisoglebsk; revised Zheleznogorsk
  • 🇷🇺 Rebuilt the area between Tikhvin, Kirishi and Borovichi; added Chudovo; removed the barely driveable Boksitogorsk - Borovichi road and added the paved Chudovo - Tikhvin road instead
  • 🇷🇺 Moved Rostov, Yaroslavl, Cherepovets, Vologda and Sokol to make their geographical locations more accurate
  • 🇷🇺 Added Belozersk and further rearranged the borders between hypothetical future DLCs to be more in line with what we can guess about Heart of Russia so far
  • 🇷🇺 Made a small expansion to northern Russia: added Veliky Ustyug, Kotlas and Koryazhma
  • 🇷🇺🇧🇾🇺🇦 Added the "Three Sisters" 3-way border crossing
  • 🇸🇪🇳🇴 Added Tynset, Åndalsnes and new connecting roads between Norway and Sweden
  • 🇸🇪 Revised Sveg in accordance with truck restrictions
  • 🇵🇱 Rebuilt and expanded more of Poland: added Świnoujście, Gorzów Wielkopolski, Koszalin, Słupsk, Piła, Wałcz, Bydgoszcz and Ostrołęka; rebuilt Szczecin, Gdańsk and Gdynia (now marked as a separate town on the map)
  • 🇩🇪 Extended A20 towards A11 and added Greifswald
  • 🇩🇪 Added an extra depot at the Frankfurt Airport
  • 🇩🇪🇫🇷🇨🇭 Extended A5 towards France and Switzerland and rebuilt the surrounding areas; added Mulhouse and Basel
  • 🇪🇸🇵🇹 Merged Iberia
  • 🇪🇸 Added Palma de Mallorca
  • 🇮🇹 Added Civitavecchia
  • 🇬🇧 Added Portsmouth
  • 🇪🇸🇮🇹🇫🇷🇬🇧 Replaced the fictional ferry routes in Iberia DLC with realistic ones
  • 🇮🇹🇫🇷 Removed the Marseille - Porto Torres ferry route which I previously added (I swear it existed when I was adding it, but it appears to be defunct now)
  • 🇧🇾 Marked Vialiki Kamień (Great Stone) as a separate "town" on the map (it is an industrial park and a "special economic zone" rather than a proper town, but I think it warrants its own dot)
v0.2 (03 April 2021)

• 🇭🇷🇧🇦🇷🇸🇽🇰🇲🇪 Western Balkans phase II: added the rest of Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo and Montenegro
  • 🇮🇸🇫🇴 Added Iceland and Faroe Islands
  • 🇵🇱 Rebuilt and expanded more of Poland: rebuilt Warsaw, Łódź and Olsztyn; added Elbląg, Piotrków Trybunalski, Radom, Kielce and Siedlce
  • 🇩🇪🇫🇷 Merged the new and reworked parts of Germany and France by SCS
  • 🇩🇪 "Germany rework phase IV": rebuilt Bremen, Duisburg, Düsseldorf, Cologne and the surrounding roads; added Emden, Bremerhaven, Bonn, Koblenz, Saarbrücken and the airports of Bonn-Cologne and Frankfurt; added or expanded sections of A27, A2, A3, A40, A44, A6, A61, A81
  • 🇪🇺 Reworked a lot of cities and roads that I previously added all over the map to be more realistic about the scale; also added or removed garages in several cities
  • 🇱🇻🇷🇺 Revised my previous additions to the Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC: removed Ogre, unmarked Ostrov (the farm that I previously added there now counts as Pskov) and downgraded Kolka to scenic (it doesn't have any industries, but I want to keep it for a viewpoint)
  • 🇸🇪 Removed Norrköping because it felt too crammed and didn't realistically fit
  • 🇸🇪 Adjusted the distance between Falun and Borlänge; added Söderhamn as an unmarked town and extended road 50 towards it
  • 🇳🇴 Extended road 76 from Forsmark towards Kapellskär
  • 🇳🇴 Added Berlevåg
  • 🇳🇴 Removed the Kirkenes - Vadsø ferry route (as far as I can tell, no such freight ferry actually exists, only a cruise route)
  • 🇫🇮 Added the under-construction nuclear power plant in Pyhäjoki
  • 🇫🇮 Unmarked Siilinjärvi (its quarry now counts as Kuopio)
  • 🇫🇮🇷🇺 Rearranged the hypothetical borders between future DLCs to be more in line with what we know about Heart of Russia so far
  • 🇷🇺 Broke up the Moscow metropolitan area into multiple cities due to its sheer size; reworked it to have a better selection of prominent industries and distribution centers
  • 🇷🇺 Added Shatura, Chagoda, Boksitogorsk, Kondopoga and Sokol
  • 🇷🇺 Reworked Arkhangelsk, Veliky Novgorod, Tver, Slantsy, Uglich, Vesyegonsk and Ustyuzhna (scenic town) to more accurately reflect where trucks are allowed to go
  • 🇧🇾 Added road R15 between Liepieĺ and Orša
  • 🇷🇴 Completed route E81 between Hunedoara and Pitești; added Sibiu and Râmnicu Vâlcea; marked Sebeș as its own town on the map
  • 🇲🇩 Added Giurgiulești
  • 🇭🇺 Rebuilt Szeged
  • 🇧🇬 Added Vidin
  • 🇮🇹 Added ferry terminals in Ancona and Bari
  • 🇫🇷🇮🇹 Removed the Porto-Vecchio - Naples ferry which I previously added (apparently, no such freight ferry route actually exists)
  • 🇪🇺 Miscellaneous minor tweaks
v0.1 (November 2020)

• 🇩🇰🇳🇴🇸🇪 Revised and expanded the Scandinavia DLC
  • 🇳🇴🇸🇪 Added northern Scandinavia
  • 🇱🇹🇱🇻🇪🇪🇷🇺🇫🇮 Revised and expanded the Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC
  • 🇦🇽 Added Åland
  • 🇫🇮 Added northern Finland
  • 🇷🇺 Added parts of Russia roughly corresponding to the Central and Northern Economic Regions
  • 🇧🇾 Added Belarus
  • 🇺🇦 Added western Ukraine
  • 🇲🇩 Added Moldova (and Transnistria)
  • 🇷🇴 Added Baia Mare, Suceava and Foscani; expanded Bacău and Buzău (now a functional town) and connected them via E85
  • 🇷🇴 Replaced road 1J near Cluj-Napoca with a new highway section
  • 🇭🇺 Added Nyíregyháza
  • 🇮🇹 Added Trieste
  • 🇸🇮🇭🇷 Western Balkans phase I: added Slovenia, added Zagreb and Rijeka
  • 🇵🇱 Started rebuilding and expanding Poland: rebuilt Lublin and Białystok; added Ełk, Augustow, Chełm and Rzeszów
  • 🇱🇮 Added Lichtenstein for some reason
  • 🇪🇺 Added various ferry routes between the already existing ports; removed the Esbjerg - Hull ferry route which no longer exists in real life

Any feedback and suggestions are welcome!
Last edited by IvanKuz on 20 Nov 2021 10:18, edited 6 times in total.
Hukedalen

Re: ETS2 ultimate concept map (WIP)

#2 Post by Hukedalen » 16 Nov 2020 23:29

It looks very great👍
Mc.Duli

#3 Post by Mc.Duli » 16 Nov 2020 23:44

Nice job! I would like to see cities in Poland like Radom, Kielce, Bydgoszcz, Toruń, Zielona Góra, Suwałki, Koszalin, Opole, and of course remodeled road grid of Poland because it's very outdated (there is much more highways and expressways now) ;)
IvanKuz

#4 Post by IvanKuz » 17 Nov 2020 00:53

Thank you :)

I've only started with Poland, I'd like to do more. However, I deliberately excluded Suwałki because I couldn't fit it in a satisfactory way. I know ProMods has both it and Augustow, and they did a great job, but that whole area felt a bit to crammed to me, so I had to sacrifice it.
Polarlicht

#5 Post by Polarlicht » 18 Nov 2020 14:27

Stunning map. Makes me want a "beyond the arctic circle" DLC even more, since the current Scandinavia DLC isn't even half of what it should be :roll:
krmarci

#7 Post by krmarci » 18 Nov 2020 17:24

Well done! I would also recommend checking out my concept map in my signature, maybe that can give you some more ideas... ;-)
The Moscow area and the Baltics are probably a bit too dense, though.
tobrago

#8 Post by tobrago » 18 Nov 2020 18:09

The concept of the map is bad. Where is the Western Balkans, Greece!
Google translator | Greetings and cheers | Keep truckin'

Discord: tobrago#1504

Everything will be okay in the end, and if it`s not okay, it`s not the end.
krmarci

#9 Post by krmarci » 18 Nov 2020 18:13

@tobrago That's what WIP means. It's not finished yet.
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#10 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 18 Nov 2020 21:40

Resolution of the maps are too low
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood

Return to “General discussion about the game”