ETS2 fanmade concept map (WIP) (November 2021 update)

IvanKuz

Re: ETS2 fanmade concept map (WIP) (August 2021 update)

#81 Post by IvanKuz » 21 Aug 2021 23:56

@Janaff I did some preliminary drafting for London and I'm certain that I can include the Blackwall Tunnel and a view of Canary Wharf in the background, which would be the closest you'd get to the city centre. This wouldn't be too different from how Paris is represented in the game, or how Moscow seemingly will be based on what've seen of HoR so far. London will have to be stretched significantly in order to accommodate for realistic interchanges and the Dartford Crossing on M25 anyway, so there's quite an amount of space to play with. Of course, things still will have to be cut or condensed significantly, but most of the sacrificing will be done to the suburbs, which I don't think would be too huge a loss.

For Cambridge and Peterborough, thank you for the tip, but I'd not be comfortable with removing an existing city from the game. But I hope that maybe I'll be able to fit both. We'll see.
Janaff

#82 Post by Janaff » 22 Aug 2021 17:38

I like your thinking for a London rebuild! One route close to the centre while keeping stuff like Heathrow, HS2's Colne Valley site, the industry around Dartford, etc. closer to the M25 as additional delivery locations is probably the way to go. I look forward to seeing the final result.

Besides, it'll be figuring out the Liverpool - Manchester - Sheffield - Leeds - Hull axis that will provide the real challenge in a condensed UK map.

I think one kind of delivery destination Truck Simulator is missing are science/medical facilities. If ETS2 had some of these company types, then Cambridge would be a perfect place to be a hub for them.
dsf.fernando

#83 Post by dsf.fernando » 25 Aug 2021 19:55

Coimbra too
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
krmarci

#84 Post by krmarci » 26 Aug 2021 11:06

IvanKuz wrote: 20 Aug 2021 14:20 [...]

@krmarci Eindhoven seems pretty doable. Antwerp will be trickier, but hopefully I'll be able deal with it.
But's let's burn that bridge when we get there ;) I'd like to finish Germany and Going East first.
I have some ideas for Hungary: you could add
  • Siófok (a town next to lake Balaton with a marina)
  • Paks (Hungary's only nuclear power plant, and one of its most important energy sources)
  • Szolnok (few industries, something to fill eastern Hungary)
  • Győr (has an Audi factory)
  • Esztergom (has a Suzuki factory)
  • Kecskemét (has a Mercedes factory)
  • Veszprém (industries in the north of the city, something to fill western Hungary)
Here's a map I've made (though it's incomplete yet)

Of course, including all of it is not really feasible, just wanted to give some ideas. ;-)
IvanKuz

#85 Post by IvanKuz » 26 Aug 2021 17:00

@krmarci, thanks for your map, it's definitely going to be very helpful! Nice selection of industries you have there. Can't believe I missed the Nyíregyháza LEGO Plant, this will have to be rectified ASAP :lol:
Juli On Tour

#86 Post by Juli On Tour » 28 Aug 2021 14:45

IvanKuz wrote: 16 Nov 2020 23:07 Hi everyone! I'd like to finally share something that I have been slowly working on on-and-off for quite a while now :)
This project was heavily inspired by ads678's excellent ATS concept map, but focuses on ETS2 instead, and has a more idealistic, wishful nature.

Last updated: 16 August 2021, see changelog below.
Full size images are now uploaded to imgbb.com, so mobile users shouldn't have problems opening them anymore.

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]
(full size images available by clicking on these previews)

Please keep in mind that:
  • This is a work in progress. I've only added and reworked a few territories so far. I'd like to add as much stuff as possible in the future, but I can't afford to spend a lot of time on this, so the work has been rather slow.
  • I aim for realism in terms of map scale, but not necessarily for realism in terms of what we can plausibly expect SCS to spare efforts on in the near future. I know that it is unlikely that they will add new cities to a recent DLC. But I can still dream ;)
Bonus stuff:
E81 Sibiu - Pitești draft
Germany Rhine-Ruhr area rework draft

Note: the names of cities in Belarus are written in accordance with the official transliteration rules. I'm not sure if it was the right choice to use them in this context though, because this spelling differs from English and can get rather confusing. For example, "Polack" should really be pronounced "Polatsk" or "Polotsk", and is spelled so on most maps.

Version history

v0.3 (16 August 2021, current)

• 🇺🇦 Revised Kyiv and Boryspil; added Mykolaiv, Yuzhnoukrainsk, Kropyvnytskyi, Cherkasy, Kremenchuk, Poltava, Kharkiv, Sumy and Konotop
  • 🇺🇦 Marked Boryspil and Chornomorsk as separate towns on the map
  • 🇷🇺 Began building the next hypothetical Russia DLC: added Kursk, Belgorod, Voronezh, Tambov, Lipetsk, Yelets, Kurchatov, Gubkin, Stary Oskol and Borisoglebsk; revised Zheleznogorsk
  • 🇷🇺 Rebuilt the area between Tikhvin, Kirishi and Borovichi; added Chudovo; removed the barely driveable Boksitogorsk - Borovichi road and added the paved Chudovo - Tikhvin road instead
  • 🇷🇺 Moved Rostov, Yaroslavl, Cherepovets, Vologda and Sokol to make their geographical locations more accurate
  • 🇷🇺 Added Belozersk and further rearranged the borders between hypothetical future DLCs to be more in line with what we can guess about Heart of Russia so far
  • 🇷🇺 Made a small expansion to northern Russia: added Veliky Ustyug, Kotlas and Koryazhma
  • 🇷🇺🇧🇾🇺🇦 Added the "Three Sisters" 3-way border crossing
  • 🇸🇪🇳🇴 Added Tynset, Åndalsnes and new connecting roads between Norway and Sweden
  • 🇸🇪 Revised Sveg in accordance with truck restrictions
  • 🇵🇱 Rebuilt and expanded more of Poland: added Świnoujście, Gorzów Wielkopolski, Koszalin, Słupsk, Piła, Wałcz, Bydgoszcz and Ostrołęka; rebuilt Szczecin, Gdańsk and Gdynia (now marked as a separate town on the map)
  • 🇩🇪 Extended A20 towards A11 and added Greifswald
  • 🇩🇪 Added an extra depot at the Frankfurt Airport
  • 🇩🇪🇫🇷🇨🇭 Extended A5 towards France and Switzerland and rebuilt the surrounding areas; added Mulhouse and Basel
  • 🇪🇸🇵🇹 Merged Iberia
  • 🇪🇸 Added Palma de Mallorca
  • 🇮🇹 Added Civitavecchia
  • 🇬🇧 Added Portsmouth
  • 🇪🇸🇮🇹🇫🇷🇬🇧 Replaced the fictional ferry routes in Iberia DLC with realistic ones
  • 🇮🇹🇫🇷 Removed the Marseille - Porto Torres ferry route which I previously added (I swear it existed when I was adding it, but it appears to be defunct now)
  • 🇧🇾 Marked Vialiki Kamień (Great Stone) as a separate "town" on the map (it is an industrial park and a "special economic zone" rather than a proper town, but I think it warrants its own dot)
v0.2 (03 April 2021)

• 🇭🇷🇧🇦🇷🇸🇽🇰🇲🇪 Western Balkans phase II: added the rest of Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo and Montenegro
  • 🇮🇸🇫🇴 Added Iceland and Faroe Islands
  • 🇵🇱 Rebuilt and expanded more of Poland: rebuilt Warsaw, Łódź and Olsztyn; added Elbląg, Piotrków Trybunalski, Radom, Kielce and Siedlce
  • 🇩🇪🇫🇷 Merged the new and reworked parts of Germany and France by SCS
  • 🇩🇪 "Germany rework phase IV": rebuilt Bremen, Duisburg, Düsseldorf, Cologne and the surrounding roads; added Emden, Bremerhaven, Bonn, Koblenz, Saarbrücken and the airports of Bonn-Cologne and Frankfurt; added or expanded sections of A27, A2, A3, A40, A44, A6, A61, A81
  • 🇪🇺 Reworked a lot of cities and roads that I previously added all over the map to be more realistic about the scale; also added or removed garages in several cities
  • 🇱🇻🇷🇺 Revised my previous additions to the Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC: removed Ogre, unmarked Ostrov (the farm that I previously added there now counts as Pskov) and downgraded Kolka to scenic (it doesn't have any industries, but I want to keep it for a viewpoint)
  • 🇸🇪 Removed Norrköping because it felt too crammed and didn't realistically fit
  • 🇸🇪 Adjusted the distance between Falun and Borlänge; added Söderhamn as an unmarked town and extended road 50 towards it
  • 🇳🇴 Extended road 76 from Forsmark towards Kapellskär
  • 🇳🇴 Added Berlevåg
  • 🇳🇴 Removed the Kirkenes - Vadsø ferry route (as far as I can tell, no such freight ferry actually exists, only a cruise route)
  • 🇫🇮 Added the under-construction nuclear power plant in Pyhäjoki
  • 🇫🇮 Unmarked Siilinjärvi (its quarry now counts as Kuopio)
  • 🇫🇮🇷🇺 Rearranged the hypothetical borders between future DLCs to be more in line with what we know about Heart of Russia so far
  • 🇷🇺 Broke up the Moscow metropolitan area into multiple cities due to its sheer size; reworked it to have a better selection of prominent industries and distribution centers
  • 🇷🇺 Added Shatura, Chagoda, Boksitogorsk, Kondopoga and Sokol
  • 🇷🇺 Reworked Arkhangelsk, Veliky Novgorod, Tver, Slantsy, Uglich, Vesyegonsk and Ustyuzhna (scenic town) to more accurately reflect where trucks are allowed to go
  • 🇧🇾 Added road R15 between Liepieĺ and Orša
  • 🇷🇴 Completed route E81 between Hunedoara and Pitești; added Sibiu and Râmnicu Vâlcea; marked Sebeș as its own town on the map
  • 🇲🇩 Added Giurgiulești
  • 🇭🇺 Rebuilt Szeged
  • 🇧🇬 Added Vidin
  • 🇮🇹 Added ferry terminals in Ancona and Bari
  • 🇫🇷🇮🇹 Removed the Porto-Vecchio - Naples ferry which I previously added (apparently, no such freight ferry route actually exists)
  • 🇪🇺 Miscellaneous minor tweaks
v0.1 (November 2020)

• 🇩🇰🇳🇴🇸🇪 Revised and expanded the Scandinavia DLC
  • 🇳🇴🇸🇪 Added northern Scandinavia
  • 🇱🇹🇱🇻🇪🇪🇷🇺🇫🇮 Revised and expanded the Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC
  • 🇦🇽 Added Åland
  • 🇫🇮 Added northern Finland
  • 🇷🇺 Added parts of Russia roughly corresponding to the Central and Northern Economic Regions
  • 🇧🇾 Added Belarus
  • 🇺🇦 Added western Ukraine
  • 🇲🇩 Added Moldova (and Transnistria)
  • 🇷🇴 Added Baia Mare, Suceava and Foscani; expanded Bacău and Buzău (now a functional town) and connected them via E85
  • 🇷🇴 Replaced road 1J near Cluj-Napoca with a new highway section
  • 🇭🇺 Added Nyíregyháza
  • 🇮🇹 Added Trieste
  • 🇸🇮🇭🇷 Western Balkans phase I: added Slovenia, added Zagreb and Rijeka
  • 🇵🇱 Started rebuilding and expanding Poland: rebuilt Lublin and Białystok; added Ełk, Augustow, Chełm and Rzeszów
  • 🇱🇮 Added Lichtenstein for some reason
  • 🇪🇺 Added various ferry routes between the already existing ports; removed the Esbjerg - Hull ferry route which no longer exists in real life

Any feedback and suggestions are welcome!
I looked carefully at the cards. That looks great. I myself shared 3 links from my PDF lists somewhere on my own. I've already written a few posts, maybe you can find my links there. It took me 3 days for the lists. Please start reading the Norway list, it also contains my thoughts on this project. Best regards Julian
Scandinavia fan Norway, Sweden Look at my WoT Profile:https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/1265700
dsf.fernando

#87 Post by dsf.fernando » 28 Aug 2021 18:25

Are Plzen on Czech Republic and Bielsko-Biala on Poland viable on the current map space?
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
plinio.lisboa.br

#88 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 28 Aug 2021 20:10

What do you, ladies and gentlemen, have to say about this concept map? Would the Czech Republic and the Slovak Republic have any viability for the current map to be reworked with additions of these new cities?

[ external image ]
dsf.fernando

#89 Post by dsf.fernando » 29 Aug 2021 18:19

I think at least Plzen, Liberec, Olomouc and Jihlava can (and actually should) be made in the current map scale. Trnava and Zilina too.
xXCARL1992Xx

#90 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 29 Aug 2021 18:22

if i counted correct 55 cities for CZ alone, this map is unrealistic, CZ is 7x smaller then Iberia is an it has almost 50 cities i think
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”