Do you think SCS will change the current default garage layout one of these days ?

Crusader

Do you think SCS will change the current default garage layout one of these days ?

#1 Post by Crusader » 30 Nov 2020 15:13

The current default garage layout is really not that bad but I wish SCS would add some opening doors with a few trucks and trailers that change with each time cycle . I realize there a lot of good modded garages in the Workshop and I have used a few and like them but one minor thing I don't care for is that the modded garages are patterned after a small warehouse like setting and not a maintenance area like the default garages are. Ok , just sitting here hopping something like this happens one of these days as I know it has been brought up many times before here .

F4R35

Re: Do you think SCS will change the current default garage layout one of these days ?

#2 Post by F4R35 » 30 Nov 2020 15:16

I think they should give us a yard instead of a garage, and give us options with different garage sizes to build on our yard.

Crusader

Re: Do you think SCS will change the current default garage layout one of these days ?

#3 Post by Crusader » 30 Nov 2020 16:59

@F4R35 : that sounds like an excellent suggestion ! I've been with ATS ( 3 years ?? ) I don't see that garages have changed much in that period of time . As I mentioned above I do like the way they modeled the interior of the default garages with engine hoists , tools etc .

MikePetersenTrucking

#4 Post by MikePetersenTrucking » 02 Dec 2020 06:10

Id love a large yard with a small Garage " That includes´s the Service Garage in it "

bobgrey1997

#5 Post by bobgrey1997 » 02 Dec 2020 06:19

I actually didn't know there were modded garages. I know of those Company garage mods which reskin the existing garage models, but I've never seen one that replaces the models themselves.

I, too, wish they would do customizable yards. Basically, you get a plot of land and can place a service center (where you can customize and repair your truck), management office (where you manage your company, drivers, and customize your yard), and have outdoor parking spaces.
This could be done in a way where the amount of land determines how many trucks you can store, and you essentially replace some of these slots with the service center and such (because they also take up space).
You could upgrade the yard to gain more space to work with (much in the same way as the current garages take up more land as you upgrade them). This is done by the "prefab" taking up the land that the top tier would require, but you simply don't have access to much of it at first.

The possibilities for this are endless if they end up converting the "garage/yard" to the new modular prefab system many depots use in newer DLCs.
ImageImage

TomDooley

#6 Post by TomDooley » 02 Dec 2020 07:53

The current "garage" is USELESS anyway, though it implies things going on in there, they don't. As long as line maintenance is optional, and EVERY kind of customization requires going to a major repair shop (even buying warning flags over and over again for occasional "heavy" jobs), NOBODY needs the garage building.
What is exactly why SCS won't change this IMO.

Davina

#7 Post by Davina » 04 Dec 2020 12:58

I would like to see enough space to store trailers & instead them magicing in & out actually park there & you pick them up as they are lined up.
Last edited by Davina on 04 Dec 2020 23:13, edited 1 time in total.

FlyingPigeon

#8 Post by FlyingPigeon » 04 Dec 2020 18:52

a yard with possible to park up to maybe 3-5-10 trailers (FarmingSim style) and then drop and hook ones that player is needing would give the HQ a meaning and also a service point on the biggest ones, because its silly we have multi billion dollar company but still has to go down to the local mechaninc to fix 200 trucks and trailers.. i mean the local mechanic is probaly happy though :-D
Scandinavian truckdriver.

Zakxaev68

#9 Post by Zakxaev68 » 08 Dec 2020 11:35

F4R35 wrote:
30 Nov 2020 15:16
I think they should give us a yard instead of a garage, and give us options with different garage sizes to build on our yard.
That or least add the feeling of "Hey, I own this truck there" and make so trucks in the garage you're located at, actually show parked inside at their correct places. Will definitely help with the paranoia we can't see our fleet in traffic.

Return to “General discussion about the game”