Turkey to all over Europe what way do trucks go.

Lukemfc

Turkey to all over Europe what way do trucks go.

#1 Post by Lukemfc » 05 Feb 2021 15:37

Hi all just drove from turkey to south of France was wondering in real life does anyone know if most Turkish haulage companies go overland through Europe to these places or do they take ferry from Istanbul to Trieste in Italy many thanks

HRTrucking

Re: Turkey to all over Europe what way do trucks go.

#2 Post by HRTrucking » 05 Feb 2021 18:39

@Lukemfc they'll go overland mostly. One of our drivers went to Turkey last year just before Christmas. He went overland as well, think he did Austria, Hungary, Serbia and then Bulgaria to Turkey.
I've been told by a Turkish driver it's cheaper then the ferry. Dutch companies go to Turkey overland as well, what I've heard while talking with drivers who have been there.

BooRoK

#3 Post by BooRoK » 05 Feb 2021 19:03

@Lukemfc
Most of the Turkish haulage companies make multi-drops in several countries/cities so most of them use Kapikule or Ipsala border control point to get to Bulgaria and Greece respectively.

However some companies are using RoRo services mainly located around Izmir region.Those ferries are mostly used by whose destination is straight into Italy.
However, these are small percentage with respect to the ones using borders.This is why , you get to see long queues at these border controls especially in Kapikule where is the main gateway of Turkey to EU.
Hamzabeyli (the other control point featured in the game) was opened in 2005 to ease the queues over Kapikule is also being preferred by truckers whose route especially go through Burgas Bulgaria.

There is also another border crossing in Edirne which gets you to Greece(called Pazarkule) and one in city of Kirklareli (called Derekoy) but these are minor border controls.Pazarkule are only accessible by cars and Derekoy isn't usually busy as both of these are not connected to major motorways.

However, in the last years, Bulgarian and Turkish governments are discussing to open a new border crossing to ease the exessive queues on Kapikule and Hamzabeyli but it hasn't come into fruition yet.Proposed fourth crossing will be somewhere in a woodland area near Igneada region on Black Sea.

Lukemfc

#4 Post by Lukemfc » 05 Feb 2021 20:10

Thank you both very interesting to know and thanks for the facts must take them a week or so to get through to Britain always see loads of ekol in particular,Mars logistics and euroturk when driving on Britain’s motorway.

worldisblack

#5 Post by worldisblack » 06 Feb 2021 17:41

One more thing: whenever i play in Promods and haul from Istanbul to western europe, i usually take Sofia - Belgrad - Zagreb direction. Probably that road is the fastest one, i guess.
Çukurova Logistics TB site: https://trucksbook.eu/company/65722
Çukurova Logistics TMP site: https://truckersmp.com/vtc/9892

Lukemfc

#6 Post by Lukemfc » 07 Feb 2021 13:04

They must be away for least weeks and months away with amount of distance they cover

Return to “General discussion about the game”