England rebuild

Some newbie driver

Re: England rebuild

#81 Post by Some newbie driver » 05 Apr 2021 23:01

@Vinnie Terranova when people talk about rework/rebuild cities doesn't talk about just textures updating (like happened to almost all German cities) but a change in their layout; from the old very basic square mesh of streets to something way more realistic like in newer DLCs. Just a portion of cities in reworked zones have received this treatment.

And I agree with you that to improve this could help to keep the game interesting for people in the future years. But the priority so far has been in other places that urged way more: the road layout.

Also cities could be slightly improved "just" with new buildings (like they did with the truck dealers) without having to enter the more complex work of a whole rebuilt (that requires too documentations and all the previous work). If they do to other common prefabs what they did with truck dealers, Cities will start to look a bit better with a marginal workforce involved. Until they had the time and capacity to face a proper rebuilt. 3 or 4 different garage prefabs (instead that always the same) and of good quality; the same for other common buildings and a cleanup on the company yards (specially old plain general logistic ones) could be a nice touch.

Regards
Steve Pitts

#82 Post by Steve Pitts » 07 Apr 2021 15:54

angrybirdseller wrote: 05 Apr 2021 17:19rebuild it from starch
Make the maps out of papier mache, now there's an idea!!

(sorry, couldn't resist)
Vinnie Terranova wrote: 05 Apr 2021 21:24these cities were reworked or rebuilt
I would throw Dortmund in there under v1.40 - not sure how different it was from before but all of the prefabs were updated in some way along with the whole road system - and I seem to recall that Frankfurt centre changed a fair bit in one of the previous updates.
Cheers, Steve
W4X

#83 Post by W4X » 07 Apr 2021 15:56

Dortmund was moved to the correct side of the map, but I don't think anything else within the city area changed
[ external image ]
Do Not Disturb
mira666

#84 Post by mira666 » 07 Apr 2021 16:35

Dortmund had some textures updated, and the approach road amended, but the layout remains roughly the same as it was before.

I did have an idea, but am sure someone will shout me down for it. But to avoid an us and them regarding a UK DLC, what is to stop SCS recouping some of the funds expended by doing a crowdfunding paintjob dlc. Simply a single paint job but costs £4.99 instead of the usual £1.99. Use the profits to fund the UK re-work and know that the community helped fund the process.

Just a thought
ETS2 and ATS Vanilla Gamer 2012-Now
IvanKuz

#85 Post by IvanKuz » 07 Apr 2021 16:37

The only German cities that were actually rebuilt (as in, had their layouts completely redone from scratch) are Frankfurt and Leipzig (although they still retained all their original companies, unlike Milan and Paris, which are the only other base game cities that were rebuilt).

Then there are several more cities (for example Dortmund, Nürnberg, Kassel, arguably also Hamburg, Stuttgart and probably others I don't recall right now) that had areas around them (or roads leading to them) rebuilt or expanded, but the core areas of the cities themselves remained the same old generic grids, just with better textures and sometimes new models.
eonellivlem

#86 Post by eonellivlem » 07 Apr 2021 18:39

I'm appreciating all the work SCS does on these rebuilds, but as with every new DLC it's starting to bother me more regarding the lack of country specific companies in the base game.
Now that Iberia is just around the corner, when i'm driving in game i'm staring to day dream what could of been if only the Germany rebuild included unique companies and with the UK rebuild most probably being done the same way, it's unfortunate those of us who's countries were in the base game wont ever have our uniqueness added to ETS2.
Stevecro

#87 Post by Stevecro » 08 Apr 2021 03:38

I also appreciate the work and effort SCS puts into this game which is aging rapidly. I have been critical about many parts of the game only because I can see the enormous potential this game has. I have mentioned this before, and have been shouted down when saying this but I would be willing to pay for a proper detailed and complete rework of Germany & England, including many new cities, unique companies, textures to match all the newer DLC's and have SCS charge a small amount, like a DLC, to recoup their costs. As long as the cost isn't excessive, I cannot see why most people wouldn't pay a small fee to greatly improve the older areas of the game.

After all, this game isn't expensive for what you get compared to many other games out there. I would rather SCS do an awesome job at a rework and charge a fee, than a half hearted effort at no cost to us gamers.
Janusz666

#88 Post by Janusz666 » 08 Apr 2021 12:06

Need polish elements:
[ external image ]
Polish pierogi bar in West Yorkshire
[ external image ]
Polish Grocery stores
[ external image ]
Polish Hearth Club at 55 Princes Gate, Exhibition Road, London
[ external image ]
Polish Institute and Sikorski Museum, 20 Prince's Gate, London, SW7 1PT
[ external image ]
Polish Social and Cultural Association, 238–246, King Street, London, W6 0RF
[ external image ]
The Katyn monument in London
[ external image ]
St Andrew's Polish RC Church
[ external image ]
Poland Street, today, in London's Soho district
And more.
Some newbie driver

#89 Post by Some newbie driver » 08 Apr 2021 23:12

Stevecro wrote: 08 Apr 2021 03:38I have mentioned this before, and have been shouted down when saying this but I would be willing to pay for a proper detailed and complete rework of Germany & England, including many new cities, unique companies, textures to match all the newer DLC's and have SCS charge a small amount, like a DLC, to recoup their costs. As long as the cost isn't excessive, I cannot see why most people wouldn't pay a small fee to greatly improve the older areas of the game.
It's not that there wouldn't be lot of people that will be willing to fund and pay such more extensive reworks.

The problem is that, obviously, not everybody will do that, so the game would end having 2 versions of the map for every zone (the original and the reworked); what means that from that moment till the eternity, the maintenance costs of SCS would be doubled for those zones. Double the places where to check for bugs, where to apply changes (for example, like the ones needed for the 1.40 lights) and so on. But that payment on the rebuild would be done only once. So, at the end, it's economically WORSE for them to take that approach. It's not SCS or those games, it's something that happens with any kind of software.

So far, what they do is to INVEST back into the game part of their profits. That means they can't go big otherwise they would consume all the profit (and of course, no company wants that). So, we have less changes of what we could had liked because they aren't so big to dedicate money fo 20 people works for free map updates. But at least those doesn't hurt the long-term economic future of the company.

Regards
angrybirdseller

#90 Post by angrybirdseller » 09 Apr 2021 03:53

Alot would be willing to pay UK rebuild and see no problem with that it. UK could easily be at level of detail as Spain or ATS.

Eventually, they will have to replace old base map if to get qaulity like more recent DLC some are willing to pay for it.

ETS2 will eventually need basemap upgrade or replacement.

Personally, I pay for UK rebuild over buying Russia, think there alot more room to improve UK more than any other region.

Return to “General discussion about the game”