England rebuild

Marcello Julio

Re: England rebuild

#101 Post by Marcello Julio » 10 Apr 2021 13:03

Yes, Pavel also mentioned that Going East is going to be reworked.
Some newbie driver

#102 Post by Some newbie driver » 10 Apr 2021 13:09

Pavel mentioned that if the results of the Germany rework end being successful for the company (benefits VS cost is positive, resuming) then they will continue doing more reworks. And he also said those reworks will come probably by age of the map zone, for sure no DLC before the whole base map. And used GE to example of DLC that could eventually be reworked, but not before the base map.

But as far as I know, he has never confirmed any generic rework beyond Germany neither that DLC will be reworked in the future. it's our wish that they do so; and we can find lots of reasons more or less objective so they did it. But don't get confused, that doesn't change the fact they had not confirmed anything beyond Germany rework.

Regards
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#103 Post by Mohegan13 » 10 Apr 2021 13:25

I believe his exact words were

IF they continue to refresh the map, they will do it by age order. He also said that the UK would be done in one bulk update, not bit by bit, like Germany. Once the base areas are done they will look at DLC possibility, refreshing and/or expanding.

Given that he was already talking about potential UK updates even then, and since then they started talking about ATS refreshes in California and beyond, I think it's safe to assume they plan to go ahead with it.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
plykkegaard

#104 Post by plykkegaard » 10 Apr 2021 13:37

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 10 Apr 2021 12:59 - different scale: 1:19 versus 1:15
UK has always been 1:15

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Some newbie driver

#105 Post by Some newbie driver » 10 Apr 2021 13:39

Yes, we can expect they consider the reworks worthy. But whatever, it's still our belief, never Pavel's statements that's something granted (as Marcello Julio words seem to suggest).

The difference is big, because then later people come here moaning about alleged things that were promised (when that never happened).

Regards
Janusz666

#106 Post by Janusz666 » 15 Apr 2021 12:44

plykkegaard wrote: 09 Apr 2021 16:44 Lots of places are still missing
I agree.
l4ngl3y

#107 Post by l4ngl3y » 29 Aug 2021 19:39

Do people here think that England / the UK will ever get a rebuild? I have played the sis games right from when it used to be UK TS (I think it was) and that was over 10 years ago

It feels like it has just been left out and forgotten, I understand that they need to develop and bring out new DLC's and areas, but surely over the past many years they could have a team working on it.

For all I know there could be something in the works for 1.42, but it would be nice to see some development / work in progress for England to know we have not been left on the side!

It would be nice to see a bit more of the south coast added, Cornwall and Somerset, as well as a bit more of Wales, and more northern Scotland, along with some development in London,

What are others thoughts?
Frayner

#108 Post by Frayner » 29 Aug 2021 21:19

Right now what’s been confirmed is Austria is next to be redone. Unknown how much of it exactly is coming in whatever update it drops in.

They have said that they will redo all of the map with the oldest parts first, and being that Germany and in extension parts of Austria as well came from German truck simulators, they would be done first.

I’m sure after that it will probably be the UK next after that, but we don’t know yet until they announce it officially.
Intel i9 13900K, 32 GB RAM, MSI RTX™ 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID X 24G, Bigscreen Beyond
Trucker Nik

#109 Post by Trucker Nik » 30 Aug 2021 13:28

Certainly the whole of Austria will be reworked in update 1.42, otherwise its reworking would not be announced before this update, yet it is not yet officially confirmed but I believe it will happen as I write
wato

#110 Post by wato » 30 Aug 2021 14:54

l4ngl3y wrote: 29 Aug 2021 19:39 Do people here think that England / the UK will ever get a rebuild? I have played the sis games right from when it used to be UK TS (I think it was) and that was over 10 years ago
Yes, I think it will get a rebuild. I think they just focused the limited resources for rebuilds on the central parts of the map because you have to cross them to get from one DLC area to another.
Pavel mentioned in that Czech interview that there is a lot of duplication of materials across the old parts of the map. Nowadays the same materials can be reused everywhere because the new lighting system generates the appropriate ambience regardless. So for technical reasons alone the old areas all have to be redone.

Let's see in what order they'll continue. Maybe, when the Alps are done, Benelux -> UK -> Going East, and so forth? Needless to say that a complete UK rebuild will be a huge task.

Return to “General discussion about the game”