England rebuild

Starlight-Dawn

Re: England rebuild

#71 Post by Starlight-Dawn » 04 Apr 2021 11:34

I'm looking forward to the day SCS decides to rework this area.
Some newbie driver

#72 Post by Some newbie driver » 05 Apr 2021 15:40

Mohegan13 wrote: 02 Apr 2021 16:43The only things I hope to see remain is the Trameri prefab and Scammonden Bridge on the M62. :D
I noticed in the Iberia release trailer that there's one prefab where we have to park inside the building. Seems to be the "new Trameri" as something really different from the usual "fenced but opened yard" that are almost all companies prefabs.

But Anyways, I would like the Trameri to remain as it is too; updated in textures and details maybe, but the overall layout and specially the narrow entrance as it's now.
plykkegaard

#73 Post by plykkegaard » 05 Apr 2021 16:13

Yes, I hope the "old" Trameri prefab stays
It is one of few just a little challeging

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Some newbie driver

#74 Post by Some newbie driver » 05 Apr 2021 16:57

And even if there were a lot more also challenging... it's "different" in the sense its the only one depicting old-school factories. There's lots of those factories still working all around Europe, not al companies are soul-less premade concrete boxes. They put a lot of effort in depicting some other details; the game shouldn't loose details in that kind of things more tightly related to the game-play.

Regards
angrybirdseller

#75 Post by angrybirdseller » 05 Apr 2021 17:19

UK rebuild will be better as there street view to work with unlike Germany and Ireland assets some can re-used to improve it. Keep 1:15 scale just rebuild it from starch along with add truck stops, small villages.

Everybody disappointed about Germany re-work well easier to get streetviews of roads in Russia and Mexico.

Still, can improve German map incrementally adding landmarks or two overtime.

Trameri, they should keep thr prefab its fun onecto get in and out of.
Last edited by angrybirdseller on 05 Apr 2021 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
Some newbie driver

#76 Post by Some newbie driver » 05 Apr 2021 19:45

"everybody disappointed with Germany re-work"?

How fast and easy some people consider they can talk in the name of everybody.
Marcello Julio

#77 Post by Marcello Julio » 05 Apr 2021 20:02

Germany with the rework in my opinion was very good. Yes, I agree that some cities were just a texture update and deserved to have been reworked, but maybe the cities they think reworking in future just like they make with the France cities on the base map.
plykkegaard

#78 Post by plykkegaard » 05 Apr 2021 20:43

The change from the old split interchange prefabs to new more realistic builds is a change I welcome
I do wish the rest can be replaced too

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Some newbie driver

#79 Post by Some newbie driver » 05 Apr 2021 20:45

If we take our personal desires as the measure bar @Marcello Julio; then everything "deserves" to be reworked. It would be a nice dream, but a dream nowadays.

IRL SCS is who decides based in whatever reasons and constrains they had. And their announcements always pointed the road layout. That has always the main aim for all those reworks. If some city inner are reworked too, that's a bonus, not something we could expect to happen based in SCS announced intentions. If they don't fix appropriately some road and keeps being an ugly bad-designed old mess; then we can say the rework is criticizable (they didn't provide what was promised). If some cities inner remain what they were originally, then we just weren't lucky.

At most, the only different one is the French CITIES rework, that was presented as to aimed to cities themselves (obviously) and in a few cases (Calais, and maybe some other I don't remember) ended being a rework of the surrounding roads but not the city center.

Regards
Vinnie Terranova

#80 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 05 Apr 2021 21:24

If SCS want people to still play ETS2 in about 10 years, they have to rework not only the highways, but also the cities. If they don't there will be a too big difference in quality between the old basemap cities, and the cities of the newest DLCs. Some people are already complaining right now about this difference in quality, and in the future more and more people will start to complain about the difference in quality. And I don't think SCS want people to complain about their game; if more and more people are starting to complain, it will shorten the lifetime of ETS2.

About cities: as far as I can tell, these cities were reworked or rebuilt (what's the difference between reworked and rebuilt?)

German basemap cities:
All cities (reworked or rebuilt in 1.32)
Erfurt (surroundings reworked in 1.35)
Nurnberg (rebuilt in 1.35)
Stuttgart (rebuilt in 1.40)
Travemunde (added in 1.33)

France basemap cities:
Calais (rebuilt in 1.39)
Dijon (reworked in 1.37)
Lille (rebuilt in 1.38)
Metz (reworked in 1.37)
Paris (rebuilt in 1.26)
Reims (rebuilt in 1.37)
Strasbourg (reworked in 1.37)

As you can see, the latest rebuilt/reworked cities are all in France (except for Stuttgart which was rebuilt in 1.40). But why were France cities rebuilt, and not cities in the Netherlands or Belgium, Austria or Switzerland? It might have something to do that SCS is working towards the rebuilt of England. The most important access point/area to get to England is France, and especially Calais. So the basemap part of France has to be somewhat in par with Vive la France and the future rebuilt of England.

Return to “General discussion about the game”