England rebuild

P3TER_

Re: England rebuild

#21 Post by P3TER_ » 23 Feb 2021 10:37

Well, there are still multiple options:
-Benelux (isn't larger than 1/3rd of Germany, so would probably be done in one go.)
-Alps (Is about 1/3rd of Germany, though may be harder because of environment.)
-Czech Republic and Western Poland (Would be slightly larger than 1/3rd of Germany, but may still be possible for it to be done in one go.)
-UK (Would most likely be done in 2 parts as it's quite large and possible reworked in 1:15 scale.

Some extra cities in Benelux would probably include Antwerp (BE) as SCS reportedly has regret to not put Antwerp in. Also Eindhoven (NL) would be likely because of the city's location and DAF factory. Less likely would be one of Zwolle/Arnhem/Nijmegen/Enschede (NL), as one of them would fill up the eastern part of the Netherlands. The same could be said for Bruges (BE).

I guess we will just have to wait for them to announce which area will be next, and then anticipate on the project and provide them with helpful information.
2021 "Road to Moscow" DLC 'confirmed' map:
Google Earth

ETS2 Map in Google Maps:
Google Maps
Topic: ETS2 map in Google Maps topic

harishw8r

#22 Post by harishw8r » 23 Feb 2021 11:55

Benelux is the most sensible option to rebuild next, IMO. I’m almost sure that the UK map we have in game right now is totally different compared to the real life, I would like to see the current UK map burned to the ground and everything built from the scratch. That may not be possible now, so why not finish rebuilding the mainland Europe (Benelux and Alpine countries) first?

But in 1.41, I believe Lyon will be rebuilt from scratch. It’s currently the missing piece of France reskin project and also has the potential to bring in the Renault factory (?) to the game.
:idea: Paint everything black!
Screenshots thread: ETS2 | ATS
Personal blog

plykkegaard

#23 Post by plykkegaard » 23 Feb 2021 12:07

Maybe I am biased a little but I find UK slightly better than the Alps region
Yes the highways are terrible but citites seems to be ok
Office moved to Fort Collins, Colorado

Marcello Julio

#24 Post by Marcello Julio » 23 Feb 2021 15:45

I agree with the harishw8r. For the rebuild of United Kingdom, burn the current and start from scratch. The roads, cities and the logistics including companies are not accurate with the United Kingdom.
But, in my vision, the UK should not be the next region to be rebuild. I would bet it will be Benelux.

plykkegaard

#25 Post by plykkegaard » 23 Feb 2021 16:16

A rebuild of the British Isles in scale 1:19 could be nice gift but somehow I doubt it
Office moved to Fort Collins, Colorado

mackintosh

#26 Post by mackintosh » 23 Feb 2021 16:52

Rebuilding Great Britain first would make the most financial sense. Plenty of existing and potential customers. Rebuilding either the Benelux, Switzerland or Austria would obviously take less time, and make more sense from a map contiguity standpoint.

Reinhard

#27 Post by Reinhard » 23 Feb 2021 17:26

Of course I have no numbers regarding regional sales. But it was said at the time, that GTS and UKTS were developed because both regions did perform very well, financially, in Germany and the UK, when ETS 1 hit the market. So I assume there is a potential.

But I guess SCS is absolutely able to do their own math. They know the numbers, we don't.

Some newbie driver

#28 Post by Some newbie driver » 24 Feb 2021 20:30

jackalnxt wrote:
23 Feb 2021 07:43
If it is Benelux, I do hope for some extra, even small, cities.
Some SCS staff has publicly said a couple of times that they regret to had left out Antwerp from the original map. I hope they want to fit it in a hypothetical future Benelux rebuilt.

Regards

Return to “General discussion about the game”