Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Which area Should SCS include next?

Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
14%
More of Russia / Release HoR
24%
Caucasian Countries (Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan)
2%
Ireland
32%
Iceland
9%
More of Turkey
16%
North Africa
3%

Total votes: 274

oldmanclippy

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS include after Russia?

#271 Post by oldmanclippy » 21 Oct 2021 20:07

It's been said before by others, but I think the only way we get Western Balkans without Greece is if Greece + Anatolia comes before the Western Balkans. I don't see that as very likely but it's a possibility.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Sametbey2

#272 Post by Sametbey2 » 22 Oct 2021 10:00

If ETS2 will continue to be developed for many years (I'm sure it will). The continuation of Turkey will definitely be included. I'm looking forward to a huge Anatolia DLC. The capital city of Turkey is Ankara. This city is located in the middle of Turkey. In addition, Istanbul will expand even more. A wide variety of vegetation, deserts, plains, spectacular mountains, volcanoes (Mount Agri (Turkey's highest mountain), Erciyes, Mount Hasan...), rocks, Cappadocia rough, winding roads. And Turkey is a very rugged and very mountainous country. This DLC has more than 700.000km2 of roads and much more difficult roads than Iberia. Like winding and mountainous roads. :D
Shiva

#273 Post by Shiva » 22 Oct 2021 12:13

Someday Sametbey2, someday.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
oldmanclippy

#274 Post by oldmanclippy » 22 Oct 2021 13:23

@Sametbey2 I agree, Anatolia has some of the best potential to be a great DLC. Tons of cities, tons of roads, vast geographic and road type diversity, a solid road network, etc. Plus we get the Asian part of Istanbul which will make Istanbul absolutely massive as a city. Maybe Istanbul can be the first two-garage city. Although that'd be disastrous for save file and mod compatibility surely.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
AlexxxF1

#275 Post by AlexxxF1 » 22 Oct 2021 18:25

yes Turkey DLC would be great, the only thing before that I would like to have the critical holes on the map closed first and there would be more alternative roads to reach Turkey or other DLC.
like Balkans with Greece DLC or Belarus with Ukraine DLC.

and do not forget that Turkey DLC will then be much more interesting and beautiful than it is now release. the experience and study of each DLC at SCS increases from year to year
Trucker Nik

#276 Post by Trucker Nik » 23 Oct 2021 06:57

Is there a possibility that the scs is working on three map DLC at once? I think they are working on HoR (we know, it's official) there is a 99.9% chance that after HoR we get the rest of the Balkan Peninsula, the Balkan DLC, work on this DLC (if after HoR) has probably already started, as we know, work on HoR started in August 2020, at that time they also worked on Iberia, which means that they worked together on these two DLCs at the same time for 8 months, I assume that the work on the Balkan DLC
they could start August 2021, and after that I think we could finish the DLC which will add Belarus Ukraine and Moldova together in one DLC, my idea is that these 3 DLC are being worked on at once, and that the work started first on the DLC Belarus Ukraine Moldova, already after the completion of the Road to the black sea, given the size of this DLC
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#277 Post by Mohegan13 » 23 Oct 2021 09:29

To my knowledge there are only 2 map teams for ETS2 and the smaller refresh team.

Personally speaking I would like either the Balkans or Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova. Both areas I feel should have come before HoR. Both missing areas leave massive holes in the map that we have to drive around (depending on how far HoR goes South), and while I understand there are some contentious areas in both (Crimea and Kosovo) they could intentionally just leave them out if it's that big of a worry for them.

I mean my preferred DLC would be the island of Ireland, but I've kinda given up on ever seeing it. The idea of it coming after the UK refresh is pretty much a hail marry at this point.

I don't even want to guess where they go next as they seem to have thrown logic out of the window in favour of "not those two places".

The only thing I would say is if they plan to do more East after HoR that they priorities Poland for a refresh. If we're forced to go through the Poland bottle neck at least get it up to modern spec. 🙄
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Komen

#278 Post by Komen » 23 Oct 2021 10:18

Personally I thought Ireland would come after Iberia, but a theory is, if the reskins are being done in aged order, then due to the delays of the Germany rework, SCS preceeded to do HoR instead.

Seeing as the Austrian reskin may release in coming months, then would come the UK (if done in aged order). If that is so then maybe Ireland isn't far away to come, some parts of the UK will need to be updated to accomodate for ports to connect Ireland and since Ireland isn't as big, it's also possible the mapping team can help out with reskinning the UK.

TBH, I don't know if I would throw in all bets for WB, yes it's an area that I strongly would want in ETS2, but seeing as the previous expansions focused south of Europe but in opposite directions, I won't be surprised if the next expansion is somewhere in Northern Europe opposite to HoR, hopefully that would be Ireland.
ETS2 map that I'm working on a time to time basis
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mi ... WbhJ&hl=en
SenseFM

#279 Post by SenseFM » 23 Oct 2021 11:37

Considering the shape of the map, I'd say the most balancing DLCs would be the Western Balkan and the Belarus/Ukraine/Moldova options. Slovenia is currently surrounded by all sides by mapped areas except by its southern border, and it seems that Belarus will have the same problem once Heart of Russia comes out. What's more, Road to the Black Sea has only 2 connections with the rest of the map, and it doesn't feature ferries like Iberia, so either a Balkan or a 'Further East' DLC would significantly improve its connections.

Regarding the inclusion or not of Greece in the Balkan DLC, I think it's perfectly possible that it can come with it. All the Balkan countries + Greece have an area of 427,540 km2 - in comparison, the Iberian Peninsula has an area of 584,254 km2, and Heart of Russia will probably turn up even bigger. It still would be a pretty challenging DLC to map, since most of the region is mountainous and features many countries with their own border checkpoints and signage differences.
Trucker Nik

#280 Post by Trucker Nik » 23 Oct 2021 11:59

I didn't understand the logic of scs when mapping, they jump from west to east and south to north, at ATS they did it very well, they go gradually, at ETS2 they probably to where they have the most players they map the states in the game, or the second option they proceed according to which state want players, if the second option were to apply after HoR, the must come to Balkan DLC, is very required, as far as Ireland I would like it to be part of the update and added to the base map, yesterday I had a shipment from Rome to Istanbul and I miss the Balkans very much
Last edited by Trucker Nik on 23 Oct 2021 12:08, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”