Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Which area Should SCS include next?

Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
14%
More of Russia / Release HoR
24%
Caucasian Countries (Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan)
1%
Ireland
32%
Iceland
9%
More of Turkey
17%
North Africa
3%

Total votes: 278

Trucker Nik

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS include after Russia?

#191 Post by Trucker Nik » 10 Aug 2021 06:27

@Komen when you mention Hungary, it may get reworked in Austria, even before the release of the Balkan DLC, the reworking of Hungary may be ahead of Switzerland, as it is the gateway to the Road to the Black Sea, Serbia and Croatia, and is the only country coming from the DLC Going East as a whole, as for Ireland, I absolutely agree with you that we will get a reworking of the UK first, but it occurred to me that Ireland could come in an update, and not, as a DLC, it could be a new state on the ground map, somewhere in the distant future :P
Some newbie driver

#192 Post by Some newbie driver » 10 Aug 2021 06:46

SCS clearly stated time ago that, in case they keep reworking zones, they are going to arrive in order of age. So, no Hungary until all the base map has been reworked.

They can always change their opinion of course; but that statement is the base from where we can do educated guesses.

Regards
Komen

#193 Post by Komen » 10 Aug 2021 08:22

Ceco wrote: 10 Aug 2021 06:27 @Komen when you mention Hungary, it may get reworked in Austria, even before the release of the Balkan DLC, the reworking of Hungary may be ahead of Switzerland, as it is the gateway to the Road to the Black Sea, Serbia and Croatia, and is the only country coming from the DLC Going East as a whole, as for Ireland, I absolutely agree with you that we will get a reworking of the UK first, but it occurred to me that Ireland could come in an update, and not, as a DLC, it could be a new state on the ground map, somewhere in the distant future :P
As @Some newbie driver said the reworks are being conducted in age order, so a rework of Hungary most likely won't be coming anytime soon.

IMO I would rather Ireland in a paid DLC preferably the same price as Going East, but I'm fine with it coming in a update either way. After Iberia, I thought Ireland would be next because of the cardinal pattern SCS uses in their map expansions, but there wasn't any clues of the UK being rebuilt.
ETS2 map that I'm working on a time to time basis
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mi ... WbhJ&hl=en
jackalnxt

#194 Post by jackalnxt » 10 Aug 2021 09:13

There aren't many other choices left. Next DLC is either Ireland or Western Balkans. Ukraine and company are bordering HoR so, no chance of that. Northern Scandinavia is too niche and it won't make sense to include it before Greece or Ireland.
JolliciousJosh

#195 Post by JolliciousJosh » 10 Aug 2021 10:08

It's likely that western Balkans will be the next in line after Heart of Russia, and one of the evidences are:

- Alps reskin (which SCS shows Austrian rework in the blog), and later, Switzerland may follow suit.
- The remaining cities in Italy in the base game (Torino, Verona and Venice) are due for a rework in a longer time, while Trieste might be added as a new city in Italy (either in the base or part of the Italia DLC), since Venice and Trieste are both gateways to the Western Balkans, specifically Slovenia.

Hungary reskin has no word at the moment, until Alps, the remainders of base Italy and Lyon got revamped. So we'll keep our fingers crossed. South of Hungary is the gateway to Croatia and Serbia.
Trucker Nik

#196 Post by Trucker Nik » 10 Aug 2021 11:56

@JolliciousJosh rework cities in Italy from the base map? Why should something that has already been reworked reworked?
@Komen If Ireland is like DLC or update I don't care, I will buy DLC anyway (I own all DLC for ETS2 and ATS)
@jackalnxt I admit that I would like to see the rest of Scandinavia after reworking the current one, but it is still very, very far away
@Some newbie driver Yes you are right I forgot that Hungary is part of the Going East and not the basic map, in which case after reworking Austria I would like to see the reworking of Switzerland or the Benelux countries (Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg) will definitely come in one update due to the size
oldmanclippy

#197 Post by oldmanclippy » 10 Aug 2021 12:40

@Ceco Turin, Verona, and Venice all have not been reworked yet.

@JolliciousJosh If Trieste is added it should be part of the base game IMO, it would be weird to introduce a DLC block right between Venice and Croatia. Just let the base map folks have that connection (even though Italia will surely be very useful after Western Balkans with the introduction of Adriatic ferries).

There will be 4 connections to Western Balkans at launch:
Italia via ferry
Base map via Italy/Austria (and possibly via ferry also)
Going East via Hungary
Road to the Black Sea via Romania, Bulgaria, and Turkey

If Western Anatolia ever comes, there's another ferry connection. So Western Balkans will be well-connected, but like I said it's pointless to shove one Italia city in between base map and Western Balkans.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
JolliciousJosh

#198 Post by JolliciousJosh » 10 Aug 2021 13:44

If Trieste adds to the game, it will be a very scenic city since major landmarks are located, such as Teatro Verdi Trieste, a government centre and Unity Square are located along Riva del Mandarrachio with a beautiful look of the Adriatic Sea. It has lots of industrial zones, such as chemical and oil plants, marinas, shipyards (like Cantiere Navale), a supermarket and a dedicated international port. I wonder that this city might fall to the base game, since the scope of the Italia DLC covers only beyond south of the Italy's four base cities. It will be similar to Ancona (in the Italia DLC) and Calais (which was revamped in 1.39).

(Bonus: Viewpoints might added in this city will be a perfect combination, before the Western Balkans, assuming that viewpoints added in Scandinavia, France, Italia, Baltics and Eastern Balkans {Road to the Black Sea}.)
Last edited by JolliciousJosh on 10 Aug 2021 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
MACX8

#199 Post by MACX8 » 10 Aug 2021 14:14

i need iberia Rework after HoR :)
too many roads miss
I use ( Google Translate ) For translation to English
SCANIA-S best Truck ever in a Both game
Some newbie driver

#200 Post by Some newbie driver » 10 Aug 2021 14:57

It's going to be... no

Return to “General discussion about the game”