Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Which area Should SCS include next?

Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
14%
More of Russia / Release HoR
24%
Caucasian Countries (Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan)
1%
Ireland
32%
Iceland
9%
More of Turkey
17%
North Africa
3%

Total votes: 278

Some newbie driver

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS include after Russia?

#391 Post by Some newbie driver » 22 Nov 2021 12:03

krmarci wrote: 22 Nov 2021 04:57
an empty space in an object, usually with an opening to the object's surface, or an opening that goes completely through an object
The map does have a hole, unless you are a staunch topologist.
You don't even know to read properly what you cite in order to enforce your point. The current map is a continuous zone. West Balkans is OUT of that surface, not surrounded. There's no need even to go topology to know that a hole is. But you keep insisting on that nonsense. Balkans will arrive when SCS wants to, it will not arrive because SCS feels the urge to "close any (imaginary) hole". If you think that kind of pointless argument has any effect, go ATS side of the forum and ask them about how useful were their "L shaped map" complains.

We all want new regions to arrive. We all want to have more alternatives to drive on. We all have our preferences of places we would like to see sooner than others. We all have guesses of what could be the content they could include or not into DLCs. All of this, that could lead to interesting discussions on the forum, reduced to keep yelling for more than 2 years "There's a hole! There's a hole!"... OMG, stop it already!
dahaka

#392 Post by dahaka » 22 Nov 2021 14:26

Well, the L shape complaints seems to have worked though. With Montana coming the map will be nicely boxed up.
And ATS had it much better than ETS2, a comparable situation for ATS would be Arizona missing. Technically it wouldn't be a hole either, because it's not completely surrounded, since we got no Mexico in game. But imagine how weird that would feel.

I think by now we have all come to understand that SCS will do their thing, based on a multitude of factors, and won't prioritize something just because the community wants it.

There is a gap though. And the map looks weird. Knowing how trucking works IRL with permits, border crossings etc. and knowing the routes taken by 99% of trucking companies, it feels even weirder. And no terminology can ever change that for me.
DorkulusDaddum

#393 Post by DorkulusDaddum » 22 Nov 2021 14:38

Honestly would prefer that they just expand and rework the UK, it feels so out of touch with the rest of the game at this point.
Last edited by DorkulusDaddum on 22 Nov 2021 14:38, edited 1 time in total.
Marcello Julio

#394 Post by Marcello Julio » 22 Nov 2021 15:56

The rework map team is different from the team that does the map expansion DLCs.
xXCARL1992Xx

#395 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 22 Nov 2021 16:37

krmarci wrote: 22 Nov 2021 04:57
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... glish/hole
an empty space in an object, usually with an opening to the object's surface, or an opening that goes completely through an object
The map does have a hole, unless you are a staunch topologist.
great find, but you quoted what a hole is that cant be applied to the map because there is none, a hole has not an opening into a void, you cant drive trough Italy over North Africa to Turkey (european part) then it would be a hole, no i just see something missing but not a hole, if i would remove Nevada from ATS then i have a hole, i i remove Colorado i dont have a hole (with the current progress on the maps in both games in mind)
dahaka wrote: 22 Nov 2021 14:26 Well, the L shape complaints seems to have worked though. With Montana coming the map will be nicely boxed up.
ETS2 was unfortunate to start in the middle of Europe because they already had a base to work with, ATS on the other hand started at the end of the continent and now works its way to the other side of it wich is easier to do
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Some newbie driver

#396 Post by Some newbie driver » 22 Nov 2021 19:07

dahaka wrote: 22 Nov 2021 14:26Well, the L shape complaints seems to have worked though. With Montana coming the map will be nicely boxed up.
Those complains where a thing several years ago and SCS released Washington, for absolute desperation about those L-complainers. That clearly points that SCS don't care at all about the topological phobias of their customers.
dahaka wrote: 22 Nov 2021 14:26There is a gap though. And the map looks weird. Knowing how trucking works IRL with permits, border crossings etc. and knowing the routes taken by 99% of trucking companies, it feels even weirder. And no terminology can ever change that for me.
Just By curiosity, what would be the realistic routes? (I suppose you mean routes from the far Black Sea zone to central EU). Most west Balkan countries aren't EU members, so I guess drive through them to reach EU from Black Sea should be a nightmare of paperwork and delays on custom borders. Either you drive through Hungary and Romania (maybe through roads there had been not included) or going to Greece to take ferries to Italy.

If I'm right, either the routes we have now are correct already, or at most there should Greece to be added (let's imagine sharing DLC with a chunk of Anatolia). If we are going to request DLC based on volume of freight and realistic main routes, wouldn't that mean that most part of Western Balkans wouldn't be relevant (as a route) anyway? Do I miss something? Or I did not understood well what you meat?

Regards
XanderSJX

#397 Post by XanderSJX » 23 Nov 2021 10:33

Some newbie driver wrote: 22 Nov 2021 19:07
dahaka wrote: 22 Nov 2021 14:26Well, the L shape complaints seems to have worked though. With Montana coming the map will be nicely boxed up.
Those complains where a thing several years ago and SCS released Washington, for absolute desperation about those L-complainers. That clearly points that SCS don't care at all about the topological phobias of their customers.
But those complains never made sense for ATS. Starting from west coast you mostly have 3 states in vertical line, and it is not possible for SCS to release 3 states at the same time. So it was always going to be some L, C or Г (cyrilic) shape before vertical is completed. That doesn't mean that SCS doesn't care about customer phobias. it is just people being people, we must complain about something. :D

My 2 cents on main thread topic, I hope and expect that next "real DLC" will be rest of Balkans. It will be big and I am sure that during development of it, we will get updates to current states (maybe UK) or even addition to north of Scandinavia.
Adriatic Sea Team

#398 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 23 Nov 2021 10:44

@XanderSJX Now someone will say that rest of the Balkans will not be big, hahaha. One thing is sure, Western Balkans have very diverse landscapes and it will have a very big variety of natural beauties to be visited. Speaking of the size it will be similar to the Baltic Sea and Black Sea (Eastern Balkans). Yes, it's true that it will have a lot of border crossing between EU and non-EU countries (Croatia - Serbia), also between non-EU countries (Serbia - Montenegro). At least we will not have to wait several days on borders like in real life. :)

I know that SCS is already in the production or pre-production stage of the Western Balkans and I know that some teasers for the Christmas stream will raise up this speculation to the next level.
dsf.fernando

#399 Post by dsf.fernando » 23 Nov 2021 19:15

Fox Mulder wrote: 22 Nov 2021 09:49 To be honest I will be very disappointed if some other DLC will come before Western Balkans. I think there would be four ferry ports in total connecting Italy with Montenegro, Croatia, Albania, and Greece.
Yes, Bari, Ancona, Brindisi and... Venice? All four have connections to that countries
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
dahaka

#400 Post by dahaka » 23 Nov 2021 19:27

Some newbie driver wrote: 22 Nov 2021 19:07 If I'm right, either the routes we have now are correct already, or at most there should Greece to be added (let's imagine sharing DLC with a chunk of Anatolia). If we are going to request DLC based on volume of freight and realistic main routes, wouldn't that mean that most part of Western Balkans wouldn't be relevant (as a route) anyway? Do I miss something? Or I did not understood well what you meat?

Regards
Well yes, we got one of the routes, which is through Hungary, cargo heading to central, eastern and northern europe does pass through the route we have currently. But pretty much all cargo coming from Bulgaria and Turkey and heading to the south west goes through Greece. The non EU states are generally not transit states, with the exception of NMK and SRB, through which trucks pass using a TIR carnet, because it's highway all the way and they save fuel costs. So even non EU countries are relevant as routes. But Croatia and Slovenia are EU countries, and there is transit traffic going through them as well.

Trucks also don't avoid Belarus when going to Russia. Avoiding Ukraine for the extra paperwork and customs, yes, definitely, but Belarus has formed a customs union with Russia, and I believe Kazakhstan too, so avoiding Belarus to drive around the Baltics IRL would be a no-brainer. Unless you are going to St. Petersburg or somewhere in the Kola peninsula.

Return to “General discussion about the game”