Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Which area Should SCS include next?

Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
14%
More of Russia / Release HoR
24%
Caucasian Countries (Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan)
1%
Ireland
32%
Iceland
9%
More of Turkey
17%
North Africa
3%

Total votes: 278

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS include after Russia?

#381 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 21 Nov 2021 16:46

nowhere do i see a hole in the map, some people need to read up what the definition is of a hole
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Trucker Nik

#382 Post by Trucker Nik » 21 Nov 2021 17:49

Let's imagine for a moment that the Balkan DLC was officially announced, is there a possibility that the developers would be able to release it in 2022, specifically in December?
dsf.fernando

#383 Post by dsf.fernando » 21 Nov 2021 18:44

Just one thought: if SCS is doing the entire Texas DLC in one go, i think there is a probability Turkey can entirely done as a standalone DLC instead of the "Aegean/Anatolian solution" of the western part being done alongside Greece and Cyprus, with the eastern part coming later in a standalone DLC.
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
FilipposRoads

#384 Post by FilipposRoads » 21 Nov 2021 19:00

Texas is significantly less dense than Anatolia, and much less diverse. While SCS could indeed do Anatolia in one full sweep I don't see why they would not divide the work in two. If we divide Anatolia into two we'd get two Italy or France-sized DLCs so its not like it would reduce content. HoR will probably be even bigger than Iberia at 600,000 km2 but like Texas it is much less dense and diverse. That said a Turkey DLC is too far away right now (I don't think there's any chance they will do Turkey before WB) so anything is possible in three-four years when they get to it. Perhaps by then SCS will have grown so much they will have a lot of devs to tackle larger and diverse landmasses. They certainly will need it once Europe is done.
dahaka

#385 Post by dahaka » 21 Nov 2021 20:35

Fine okay, for you who feel the need to use correct terminology: GAP. There is a GAP in the map. And there's going to be a new one when HoR is released. Both of these gaps force players to take the very same roads over and over and over again. Some may not mind, some may. I would have made (parts of) Ukraine and Belarus first, then expand Russia. I would have also made the Western Balkans first, then the Eastern Balkans, but it is what it is.

Map looks weird, right now, and no matter what terminology you use, it looks weird, and a lot of trips feel unnatural. At least if you are knowledgeable about European truck routes and transport.
krmarci

#386 Post by krmarci » 22 Nov 2021 04:57

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 21 Nov 2021 16:46 nowhere do i see a hole in the map, some people need to read up what the definition is of a hole
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... glish/hole
an empty space in an object, usually with an opening to the object's surface, or an opening that goes completely through an object
The map does have a hole, unless you are a staunch topologist.
dsf.fernando

#387 Post by dsf.fernando » 22 Nov 2021 05:11

FilipposRoads wrote: 21 Nov 2021 19:00 That said a Turkey DLC is too far away right now (I don't think there's any chance they will do Turkey before WB)
And TBH, it will be better to make Western Balkans before the rest of Turkey so trips like Rome-Istanbul can be done in more realistic ways than crossing the entirety of Italy and the Hungary/Romania border crossing chokepoint. Also, Italy could even gain one more port in Brindisi (most of the ferries there are redundant, but with some important differences: the ferry to Igoumenitsa goes directly to continental Greece like the Ancona ferry, while the Bari route passes through Corfu). Although i don't think this DLC will come before a significant rebuild of Italy, because at least two cities may need to be redone or largely overhauled.
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
Komen

#388 Post by Komen » 22 Nov 2021 05:30

Fox Mulder wrote: 21 Nov 2021 16:34 Well, it's pointless for being precise about centering Europe and talking about holes. Probably next year Balkans will be completed, then they will get back to add Moldova, Ukraine, and Belarus, and so on...
IMO, I believe that Belarus, Ukraine and Moldova would be released when Going East is reskinned/reworked. Poland and Slovakia serve as one of the main entry points to go to Belarus and Ukraine and and there are several roads from those countries that go to Belarus and Ukraine. It might of been the reason why HoR is going to be released before those countries in my point of view.
ETS2 map that I'm working on a time to time basis
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mi ... WbhJ&hl=en
Adriatic Sea Team

#389 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 22 Nov 2021 09:49

@dsf.fernando To be honest I will be very disappointed if some other DLC will come before Western Balkans. I think there would be four ferry ports in total connecting Italy with Montenegro, Croatia, Albania, and Greece.

@Komen Going East will not be reworked or reskinned soon. SCS decided to rebuild and reskin the whole base game, it will take time but it will standardize the base game with the newest DLC. There is some chance that SCS might decide to add Going East to the base game for ten years of ETS2.

I'm kind of sure that after the Balkans they are getting back to Ukraine, Belarus, and Moldova to have the Eastern part of Europe completed. After that, I see that Iceland and Ireland in one DLC. One thing is sure when they confirmed that the current DLC is going to Moscow and beyond they also mentioned that they don't even dare to complete the whole European part in one DLC, I'm sure that there would be at least one more expansion of Russia.
Komen

#390 Post by Komen » 22 Nov 2021 10:45

If the reworks are being done in aged order because Austria came with GTS, then the UK would be next. How I see it is that Austria is being reskinned in preparation of the WB DLC, if the UK is being reskinned afterwards then most likely Ireland would come after WB and the UK reskin could come at the start of 2023 and since Ireland is not really big it could possibly be released at the end of 2023 if WB comes at the start of that year.

The rework of Benelux and Switzerland (if it's not included in the Austrian one) could come around the end of 2023 or the beginning of 2024, and gives SCS the chance to rework Czechia, and the Going East DLC in preparation for the Belarus Ukraine and Moldova DLC which would probably come around the end of 2024 or beginning of 2025.

But then again my estimates could be completely wrong and tbh I wouldn't be surprised if the Northern Scandinavia DLC comes before Belarus and the other ex Soviet countries.
ETS2 map that I'm working on a time to time basis
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mi ... WbhJ&hl=en

Return to “General discussion about the game”