Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Which area Should SCS include next?

Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
14%
More of Russia / Release HoR
24%
Caucasian Countries (Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan)
1%
Ireland
32%
Iceland
9%
More of Turkey
17%
North Africa
3%

Total votes: 278

oldmanclippy

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS include after Russia?

#261 Post by oldmanclippy » 05 Oct 2021 00:45

To the contrary, SCS has said, as @xXCARL1992Xx mentioned, that Euro Truck Simulator 2 = "Euro Truck" Simulator 2, not European "Truck Simulator" 2. It's about the trucks. There's nothing stopping them from expanding into Anatolia or North Africa before or after finishing Europe. Similarly, American Truck Simulator is about North American Trucks, they just so happen to be starting in the US.

Additionally, SCS has never signaled that they are hesitant about mapping politically sensitive areas. It is assumed that they might be initially hesitant, but that they would press on and recreate the areas as they are IRL regardless because they are important parts of the trucking world regardless.

Plus, all areas are sensitive to varying degrees. Texas has been getting lots of negative press lately, does that mean that SCS should not map Texas? Of course not, that would be foolish. Russia's head of state is incredibly polarizing both inside and outside of Russia, does that mean we shouldn't get Heart of Russia? Of course not that would be foolish. Yes, mapping an area such as the Donbass will undoubtedly cause problems for SCS (do they represent the ongoing state of war, do they represent the country pre-2014, or do they represent a speculative future post-war state? none of the options are good options), but considering there are no active wars being fought in the Western Balkans, there are no such logistical issues to deal with. Map the country as it is on the ground IRL and no one can reasonably blame you for doing so.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
jackalnxt

#262 Post by jackalnxt » 05 Oct 2021 05:42

I do believe Belarus was skipped for political concerns. Sure, one can ask if the same should apply to Russia but the difference is that Russia is a huge country with a huge market. Belarus is not.

It's basically a mixture of politics and capitalism. It's why I still have my doubts about the Yugoslavs being added. That recent incident at the Serbia-Kosovo border may have screwed it up for the entire region.
oldmanclippy

#263 Post by oldmanclippy » 05 Oct 2021 15:44

@jackalnxt I didn't even hear about that until now, and of course it had to be directly truck related: a dispute over license plates :lol:
Some newbie driver

#264 Post by Some newbie driver » 05 Oct 2021 20:02

yeah, when I listen about the news, first I though was a "plate rant" here in the forum like were more usual some years ago. :lol:
oldmanclippy

#265 Post by oldmanclippy » 05 Oct 2021 21:16

I learned very quickly that it's not worth getting into such arguments on a trucking simulator forum with people actually from the region. No matter what I say I can't please everyone (or anyone oftentimes!), plus it's against the rules here. Let people get mad about license plates on their own time. :lol:
jackalnxt

#266 Post by jackalnxt » 06 Oct 2021 06:41

And I now have this vision of people basing their HQs in Pristina, getting a Kosovar license plate, and parading it around Serbia. :shock:

I'm not worried about this forum since SCS does a good job at keeping things civil. The discussions on Steam and other social media on the other hand... :mrgreen:
Viltsu07

#267 Post by Viltsu07 » 09 Oct 2021 15:01

In my oppinion, must add north Finland, Sweden, Norway and Russia. Start making 2022.
Adriatic Sea Team

#268 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 19 Oct 2021 15:59

I think that Iceland or the northern parts of Scandinavia are more likely after Russia.
dsf.fernando

#269 Post by dsf.fernando » 19 Oct 2021 20:39

How probable would be a Cyprus inclusion in a DLC? I don't see Greece being added alongside a Balcans DLC.
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
Shiva

#270 Post by Shiva » 20 Oct 2021 05:44

West Balkans without Greece?!

For Cyprus? No clue.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”