Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Which area Should SCS include next?

Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
14%
More of Russia / Release HoR
24%
Caucasian Countries (Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan)
1%
Ireland
32%
Iceland
9%
More of Turkey
17%
North Africa
3%

Total votes: 278

IvanKuz

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS include after Russia?

#131 Post by IvanKuz » 25 Mar 2021 01:32

krmarci wrote: 24 Mar 2021 16:30I added cities to my Russia map - I would be interested in some feedback.
Looks pretty neat overall!
Some thoughts:
  • I wouldn't mark Alakurtti on the map. It's all just military bases and related territories, much of them abandoned. I briefly considered it for my concept map, but didn't find anything that would qualify as a delivery point for commercial trucks there.
  • Not sure why you marked Kashira with an energy icon. It has a power plant, yes, but it's a coal-powered one, and those aren't normally represented in the game. I'd still keep the town itself though, at the very least for the Pepsico plant.
  • On the other hand, you missed some actual nuclear power plants, most of which we can definitely expect to be included in the game (as per tradition since VLF).
  • Heart of Russia seems a bit too barren IMO, especially west-northwest of Moscow. In recent DLCs there seems to have been an increased focus on small single-industry towns, so maybe consider adding more of those?
krmarci

#132 Post by krmarci » 25 Mar 2021 07:25

@Komen.413 Thanks! I checked your map as well, it seems almost the same with the exception of the Volkhov - Vologda route which you don't seem to have included (and some "minor towns" around Moscow which might or might not be absorbed by it).

@IvanKuz Thank you!
Alakurtti: I mean, it still has a supermarket? But yeah, the Mercator projection is tricky, and Kandalaksha and Kemijärvi seem further apart than they actually are. They are still closer to each other as the crow flies than Oslo and Bergen.

Kashira: Wikipedia says it's the largest source of electricity in Moscow Oblast. But yes, other industries are plausible as well.

I checked the map on Wikipedia: I included every active NPP in European Russia (at least their homonymous cities - they could be located further away from the cities, which I didn't take into account). I changed the map really slightly to add the Beloyarsky NPP slightly east of Yekaterinburg.

The area northwest of Moscow: seems a bit too barren on the map, too. I'm not sure if there are any industries in the region (if there are, let me know), but there is always room for a small town with a supermarket (Alakurtti-style)...
dsf.fernando

#133 Post by dsf.fernando » 26 Mar 2021 18:36

[ external image ]

An example of a trip that would be very abridged with a Balkans DLC
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
krmarci

#134 Post by krmarci » 26 Mar 2021 18:56

@dsf.fernando Just wait for Heart of Russia, we will have larger detours... What does Bryansk-Istanbul via Rezekne sound like? :-D
Evil_Jason

#135 Post by Evil_Jason » 26 Mar 2021 23:56

Balkans will come for sure. The empty holes are getting less and less.

[ external image ]
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
dsf.fernando

#136 Post by dsf.fernando » 27 Mar 2021 00:51

Only the Brindisi-Igoumenitsa ferry and Kragujevac are missing. I would change Lamia for Larissa, and maybe there's even space to put Blagoevgrad as a new city in Bulgaria
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
jackalnxt

#137 Post by jackalnxt » 27 Mar 2021 14:42

The precedent of adding extra cities in VlF gives me hope that we can indeed maybe see Blagoevgrad (or another nearby city) as a single industry town. I don't know what kind of industry it would be though, since that area is more known for its tourism than anything else.

RttBS in general has a lot of room for future expansion, given that it had to be hurried towards the end.
Shiva

#138 Post by Shiva » 28 Mar 2021 07:41

RttBS? Blagoevgrad area, possible.+ 1 or 2 in northern Romania.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
jackalnxt

#139 Post by jackalnxt » 28 Mar 2021 08:11

And Tulcea. The possibilities are big.
IvanKuz

#140 Post by IvanKuz » 28 Mar 2021 13:25

The forum stopped working yesterday just as I was about to post this :lol:
krmarci wrote: 25 Mar 2021 07:25I checked the map on Wikipedia: I included every active NPP in European Russia (at least their homonymous cities - they could be located further away from the cities, which I didn't take into account).
Yes, many of them are located quite far from the cities with which they share names. Smolensk NPP, for example, is much closer to Roslavl than Smolensk. Think of them as named after the regions they are in rather than the capitals of their regions. I am certain they will come as separate dots in the game, just like, for example, the Leningrad NPP is not part of Saint Petersburg in BTBS.
krmarci wrote: 25 Mar 2021 07:25The area northwest of Moscow: seems a bit too barren on the map, too. I'm not sure if there are any industries in the region (if there are, let me know)
Well, you are right, there doesn't really seem to be a lot of activity in that direction. Still, off the top of my head, here are some towns to consider: Staraya Russa (aircraft repair plant), Torzhok (quite a few notable factories there), Porkhov (pig farm, cheese and butter factory), Ostashkov (not really an industrial location by any means (although there are some minor companies like a sawmill or a steel door factory), I just think it would be a good way to fill the emptiness between M-9 and M-10/11, plus it is located on lake Seliger, which is kind of famous).

And some suggestions for locations in other directions from Moscow: Chekhov (tons of warehouses as well as some factories), Shatura (furniture factory, quite a popular brand actually, or at least it used to be some years ago), Voskresensk (chemicals), Dorokhovo (a small place that probably should count as Ruza or Mozhaysk on the map, but I just know there is an LG factory), and, honestly, you can just randomly pick any big town within or near A-108, and chances are there will be a notable factory or a large distribution center or something.

Also, I wanted to mention the city of Zheleznogorsk in Kursk Oblast, which you didn't include in either HOR or Steppe. I sure hope we will see its giant quarry in the game one day.

Return to “General discussion about the game”