Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Which area Should SCS include next?

Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
14%
More of Russia / Release HoR
24%
Caucasian Countries (Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan)
1%
Ireland
32%
Iceland
9%
More of Turkey
17%
North Africa
3%

Total votes: 278

Sametbey2

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS include after Russia?

#291 Post by Sametbey2 » 24 Oct 2021 09:57

The big question to ask is: ETS2 is 9 years old and how many more years will it continue to be developed?

Important missing places on the map I saw:
-Completion of the Balkans.
-North Europe Expansion (Sweden, Norway, Finland, Northwest Russia+ Maybe Iceland?)
-Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova
-Southwest Russia (Russia's reaching the Black Sea.)
-Ireland
-Iceland
-Anatolia

There are ferry routes between Anatolia, Russia and Ukraine.

And crossing the great river and reaching further east Russia.
Some newbie driver

#292 Post by Some newbie driver » 24 Oct 2021 10:27

The game will have as many years of life as it will remain profitable. As easy as that. Last 2 years (in released patches), probably more than 3 years (in planning and developing) they had been bringing to this decade the whole code of the game (and they are half the way, still have lots of other changes of that kind in progress). Once finished, it will be more than ready to reach the 20 years milestone.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#293 Post by Mohegan13 » 24 Oct 2021 10:28

Remember the Euro in the name relates to where the trucks are from not so much the continent itself.

They can continue into the Middle East, Asia, Africa if they want it's all connected.

Finish off Turkey, bring Russian down to the Black Sea and adding Georgia. Then Syria, Lebanon, Israel and now we can add Egypt with the Africa connection. On the other side Morocco is just a stone's throw from Spain. They real question is not how long can they developer it, it's really how long will we support it by buying DLC.

The game itself can be updated and improved indefinitely.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Nebular Echo

#294 Post by Nebular Echo » 24 Oct 2021 11:15

Ceco wrote: 24 Oct 2021 07:53 @Nebular Echo The whole of Turkey is part of Europe
Lol no. Europe and Asia is not just left and right. Turkey is mostly in Asia that's why only European part was made.
Komen

#295 Post by Komen » 24 Oct 2021 11:38

Main priority is that for the next few years SCS should focus on doing countries that haven't been touched yet before expanding more of Scandinavia and Russia and also other continents if they wish.

I'll admit I would be slightly dissapointed if the next expansion was Norway, Sweden even though they would be quite nice to drive around. A tiny portion of Russia was covered in BtBs plus Kaliningrad so it is fair on SCS working on HoR, whereas there is already quite a bit of Sweden and Finland covered in Scandinavia and BtBs respectively.
Last edited by Komen on 24 Oct 2021 13:21, edited 2 times in total.
ETS2 map that I'm working on a time to time basis
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mi ... WbhJ&hl=en
Shiva

#296 Post by Shiva » 24 Oct 2021 12:44

Quite a bit of Norway and Finland?
A little bit, rather.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
harishw8r

#297 Post by harishw8r » 24 Oct 2021 12:58

I’d be on cloud nine if Scandinavia 2.0 comes next (Finland and North Russia could be a separate DLC). Scandinavia is aging already, so the later 2.0 drops, the horrible it would look.

All other old surrounding regions (Austria, Going east, UK) have to be definitely rebuilt to get a better feel of the new regions (W.Balkans, Belarus, Ukraine, and Ireland respectively) to make it look realistic.

With Austria rebuild, it’s safe to assume that WB would be the next, followed by more of Scandinavia.
Komen

#298 Post by Komen » 24 Oct 2021 13:38

WB would definately need at least the rework of Austria to accomodate for it, already the one and only entrance to RtBs (Romania) already looks like mess due to the vast difference in terrain from GE. With WB, there would be multiple entrances to RtBs without little or no differences in texture of the terrain, and would make the Romania-Hungary border avoidable if players choose.
ETS2 map that I'm working on a time to time basis
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mi ... WbhJ&hl=en
cristianrpbeijo

#299 Post by cristianrpbeijo » 01 Nov 2021 07:01

i think after HoR, the next DLC will be Belarus and after some months, full Ukraine DLC
JolliciousJosh

#300 Post by JolliciousJosh » 01 Nov 2021 08:59

It's highly likely that the next map DLC after Heart of Russia is filling up the rest of the Balkans, which includes Greece. While "Beneath the Black Sea" DLC (which I assume the name that contains Ukraine, Moldova and Belarus,) and might be in a long, long term, as it is, Ukraine has a large landmass of 604,000 sq. km.
But its still an uncertainty if Beneath the Black Sea might come after Western Balkans, or expand Scandinavia. Only SCS will tell the future developments of the upcoming map DLCs in the coming years.

Return to “General discussion about the game”